• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Problems with addon tracks and Bikes.

Started by Kes1, April 29, 2014, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kes1

Hi everyone, just a quick question about the addons, I have tried a lot of tracks, and they all have the same problem, in that the bike shadow disappears as soon as you pass the pit lane line. Also the sound seems messed up on some but not all the addon bikes, it sorta sounds like the sound files are in the wrong order, or some are being played simultaneously. My system is i5, Hd4000 graphics, 6gb ram and the latest drivers. I get great frame-rates/quality. I hope someone has got an idea. :D

doubledragoncc

Hi Kes. I have had such a problem and found the best cure was a fresh install and  make sure you have all the latest versions of bikes and tracks. Sorry but only advise I can give but it worked for me.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Arvoss

Fresh install (Delete GP Bikes folder + Documents/PiBoSo/GP Bikes) and make sure your drivers are updated. Do you have the same problem (shadows) on Victoria? Sometimes it is possible that modded tracks have weird shadows (or no shadows) for some players... :/

Kes1

Thanks guys, I'll give a fresh install a go and report back, oh Arvoss, I have no problem with the standard bikes and track. Thanks again. :)

Kes1

Just to let you know that a fresh install didn't sort my problem. I did notice that the shadow of the bike re-appears when I go off track (Which I do a lot), it just seems to be on the actual racing surface there is a problem. Anyway, thanks for your time fellas.

C21

Maybe it´s a bug with the HD4000 graphic driver and Pibosos graphic engine?
Personally i don´t care about the shadows....i have to look at the track in front of me and the chasers behind me  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

PiBoSo

Quote from: Kes1 on April 29, 2014, 05:05:46 PM
Hi everyone, just a quick question about the addons, I have tried a lot of tracks, and they all have the same problem, in that the bike shadow disappears as soon as you pass the pit lane line. Also the sound seems messed up on some but not all the addon bikes, it sorta sounds like the sound files are in the wrong order, or some are being played simultaneously. My system is i5, Hd4000 graphics, 6gb ram and the latest drivers. I get great frame-rates/quality. I hope someone has got an idea. :D

Please try updating the graphics drivers to the latest official version.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

ChrisK

Sounds for me always like a standart answer. Is it realy so important?

HornetMaX

Quote from: ChrisK on April 30, 2014, 07:46:18 AM
Sounds for me always like a standart answer. Is it realy so important?

Yes, it is. Many people runs on very old drivers and many runs on windows default drivers ...

MaX.

Kes1

I have the very latest graphics drivers on my pc, and like I say everything runs perfectly, it's just a little problem that takes a bit of the immersion away from the otherwise stunning sim. Probably the biggest pain is the sound being garbled on the addon bikes. Interestingly the 2 stroke bikes seem to be fine, I think I will just have to keep digging. Thanks for all your input guys.

HornetMaX

Sound on some mod bikes is bad.

Could you upload a video of a track/bike where you have both problems (shadows and audio) ?

MaX.

Kes1

I could of course, I'm just not sure how. If you could explain to a simpleton like me :o how to do it, I would be glad to, Max.

HornetMaX

Use Fraps or (better, in my opinion, MSI Afterburner) to record a video (with audio) of you playing.

Don't record a replay (as this may or may not show the problem), record yourself while playing.

The upload the video somewhere (youtube or whatever) and post the link.

Most likely you have no audio problem, it's just that some mod bikes have bad sound. If the sound of the 4 default bikes is OK, then you have no sound problem.
If that's the case, for the shadow issue maybe a few screenshots would be enough.

Notice however that intel HD4000 may not be the best choice for playing this (and other) games: a cheap or even second hand discrete graphics card would fare much better.

MaX.

Kes1

I understand about the graphics card, but I don't really have a choice at the moment, but having said that it still manages to throw some pretty impressive polygones around at 1080p/100+ frame rate. But I have to agree that it is less than ideal. I will try to post a video soon. On the subject of sound, it is like I said, it seems to have all the files in place, but just not playing them in the right order. Idle seems fine, but when you rev it, it seems to put the wrong wave file at the wrong point, if you can imagine what I mean, and when you actually ride the thing, the revs are all over the place and some even played simultaneously. The worst offender is the Ducati 996, which is a shame because I actually owned one with the same Foggy paint scheme. Anyway, Thanks for your time Max, I will try to post a video.

Kes

C21

April 30, 2014, 04:44:22 PM #14 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:48:59 PM by C21
Hi kes.
The Sound of the 996 is the worst of the modded Bikes. It's Not a fault! In my opinion you don't have a Sound issue. As max Said Most modded Bikes have a "Bad" Sound Quality because it is Not Easy to develop a Good Sound. It's Hard work to do that. 996 is One of the oldest Bikes in GPB and the Sound is still worse!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #