• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:27:47 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Problems with addon tracks and Bikes.

Started by Kes1, April 29, 2014, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Kes1 on April 30, 2014, 03:51:57 PM
I understand about the graphics card, but I don't really have a choice at the moment, but having said that it still manages to throw some pretty impressive polygones around at 1080p/100+ frame rate.
Eventually yes, but drivers may not be as good as AMD/NVidia ones. I have an HD3000 and when I tried it (removing the graphic card I have), GPB wouldn't even start.

If you have the shadow problem after a clean install of GPB on a track/bike where nobody else has the problem, then ...

MaX.

Kes1

I completely agree with you Max, But I don't think I am alone with the shadow problem, I have watched a few youtube videos in which the bikes had no shadows, so it looks to be a bit more common, It's just not everybody moans as much as me  :-X   Oh, and by all accounts the HD3000 and 4000 are poles apart in performance, but still not as efficient as a discrete card.
But as stated earlier, I have no choice at the moment, and am just trying to make the best of it, and to be honest, little foibles apart, I am more than impressed with it's capability's.
It's keeping me playing, and enjoying this superb sim.  Thanks again mate for your attention, and maybe I will see you on the track (with or without a shadow)    ;)

HornetMaX

Well if the shadows issue is very common, I expect to see lot of people posting here to confirm. But I doubt.
I recall 1 or 2 players having some sort of issues 3-4 months ago, maybe they can state where they stand with respect to the problem, their system specs etc.

See you on track, of course !

MaX.

Arvoss

The only guy I know with the same problem is Abigor. On some tracks he can't see the shadows.

I can't see the shadows on the new COTA circuit, but that's a track problem I think.

janaucarre

Is your problem happening on every tracks? I know, for example, last sepang has part with non shadow on the asphalt, and i think its not my pc fault.

PeterV

Quote from: Arvoss on April 30, 2014, 08:01:50 PM

I can't see the shadows on the new COTA circuit, but that's a track problem I think.
Because there aint any shadows

PeterV

Quote from: janaucarre on April 30, 2014, 08:05:10 PM
Is your problem happening on every tracks? I know, for example, last sepang has part with non shadow on the asphalt, and i think its not my pc fault.

Yeah its on the s/f straight

Kes1

It happens on most of the addon tracks, but not all, Victoria and some others is perfect. It would be interesting if to see if anybody else notices it while using the HD4000 graphics chip.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Kes1 on April 30, 2014, 08:11:39 PM
It happens on most of the addon tracks, but not all, Victoria and some others is perfect. It would be interesting if to see if anybody else notices it while using the HD4000 graphics chip.

"Most" and "some" are not very helpful. Tell us 2 tracks that do work and two that do not.

MaX.

Kes1

Victoria and Paul Ricard v0.9 work, Silverstone and Cadwell Park 12 don't work, with Cadwell probably the worst because it has other issues, like the track surface flashes black randomly

HornetMaX

No shadows issues for me on both silverstone and cadwell. If the usual black magic has already been applied (reinstall the game, redownload the tracks, cleanup you drivers and reinstall them), then I fear the only way out is ... buy a discrete graphics card. Not sure we have others using an HD4000, but in case it would be nice if they can confirm.

MaX.

Kes1

Thanks Max, all the other stuff has been tried, another gfx card is not an option, so I will just have to try to stay ahead of everyone (yeah right!!!) so I don't need to see their shadows. Thanks to everyone for trying to help.  :D    Oh it would be interesting to see if there are any more HD4000 users out there, I feel so alone  :-\

Hawk

Quote from: Kes1 on April 30, 2014, 03:51:57 PM
I understand about the graphics card, but I don't really have a choice at the moment, but having said that it still manages to throw some pretty impressive polygones around at 1080p/100+ frame rate. But I have to agree that it is less than ideal. I will try to post a video soon. On the subject of sound, it is like I said, it seems to have all the files in place, but just not playing them in the right order. Idle seems fine, but when you rev it, it seems to put the wrong wave file at the wrong point, if you can imagine what I mean, and when you actually ride the thing, the revs are all over the place and some even played simultaneously. The worst offender is the Ducati 996, which is a shame because I actually owned one with the same Foggy paint scheme. Anyway, Thanks for your time Max, I will try to post a video.

Kes

Just thinking, it might be a good idea to record a sound sample from the same bike you have for the sound modding guys? At least they'd have a good sound sample to work from.  ;)

PS: Would be best to contact them first so you know what  period of sound and rev ranges they need the samples of. I believe you need at least a 10 second sound sample of various rev ranges to be able to make a good sound file for GP BIkes?

LOOPATELI

I also got this problem! I was thinking it was a track issue because some tracks got that problem some other no(Sepang/Suzuka).
But then when I saw the replay of RB rookies by Arvoss I realized that it has to be my problem (In Brno he got shadows, and I got this problem)
I'm using a MB Pro with bootcamp and graphics are HD4000.
So, the solution is clear all GPB stuff, and reinstall it again?

HornetMaX

Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 01, 2014, 10:54:45 AM
I also got this problem! I was thinking it was a track issue because some tracks got that problem some other no(Sepang/Suzuka).
But then when I saw the replay of RB rookies by Arvoss I realized that it has to be my problem (In Brno he got shadows, and I got this problem)
I'm using a MB Pro with bootcamp and graphics are HD4000.
So, the solution is clear all GPB stuff, and reinstall it again?
It won't hurt but not sure it will help.

2 players having the problem, both on HD4000. Not enough to call it a proof but ...

MaX.