• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:40:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Problems with addon tracks and Bikes.

Started by Kes1, April 29, 2014, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kes1

Hey Hawk, Unfortunately I don't have the Ducati any more, nor any bike come to that  :(  Which is why I enjoy GP Bikes so much.  I am still convinced that the sound files are scrambled somehow, the more I listen to it in game, the more I am convinced it is not a quality problem, but something in the way the sounds are triggered that has gone t*ts up. I know it is unlikely, nobody else has reported this, but I will get to the bottom of it somehow. I just don't have the knowledge or experience of the voodoo involved in making my speakers go brap.

Abigor

HD4000.....and yes i have this problem too  ;)

RiccoChicco

May 01, 2014, 02:33:33 PM #32 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:35:29 PM by RiccoChicco
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 01, 2014, 11:31:09 AM
Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 01, 2014, 10:54:45 AM
I also got this problem! I was thinking it was a track issue because some tracks got that problem some other no(Sepang/Suzuka).
But then when I saw the replay of RB rookies by Arvoss I realized that it has to be my problem (In Brno he got shadows, and I got this problem)
I'm using a MB Pro with bootcamp and graphics are HD4000.
So, the solution is clear all GPB stuff, and reinstall it again?
It won't hurt but not sure it will help.

2 players having the problem, both on HD4000. Not enough to call it a proof but ...

MaX.

Add me on the list  :P

I'm not shure about it (I can test it if needed), but I suspect something coming from the track exporter version.

Moreover, Bootcamp users can't update HD4000 driver, we can only do that with Bootcamp software updates.

Kes1

Abigor, Is your HD4000 on a windows PC? Are you having the graphics problems, or sound or both?
Ricco, Can you explain about the track exporter version, sorry I'm such a noob. Cheers guys

RiccoChicco

There are 2 exporters for tracks. One for 3ds Max x32 and another for the x64. Maybe it change something. And older versions can work better than last ones (or opposote).

I will export the same track with all this options to see if something change.

HornetMaX

Do the test Ricco, but as the problem seems only to appear on HD4000 GPUs ...

MaX.

RiccoChicco

Yep, I understood that  :)

But maybe the HD4000 has problems with an exporter version.

Hawk

Quote from: Kes1 on May 01, 2014, 01:07:21 PM
Hey Hawk, Unfortunately I don't have the Ducati any more, nor any bike come to that  :(  Which is why I enjoy GP Bikes so much.  I am still convinced that the sound files are scrambled somehow, the more I listen to it in game, the more I am convinced it is not a quality problem, but something in the way the sounds are triggered that has gone t*ts up. I know it is unlikely, nobody else has reported this, but I will get to the bottom of it somehow. I just don't have the knowledge or experience of the voodoo involved in making my speakers go brap.

Yeah I know what you mean. The Suzuki GSX or GSVR?(whatever, who cares.. it's only a 4 stroke. Lol.) Anyway... it sounds like there are two or three bikes right behind you when it's close. 

Abigor

Quote from: Kes1 on May 01, 2014, 02:50:50 PM
Abigor, Is your HD4000 on a windows PC? Are you having the graphics problems, or sound or both?
Ricco, Can you explain about the track exporter version, sorry I'm such a noob. Cheers guys
Hey Kes1....... yes windows and only shadows problem on some track.

Kes1

Hey Abigor, its you and me versus the world  ;D. We'll have to wait to see if Ricco has any joy with his investigations.   Going back to my sound issues, I have watched some youtube again, specifically the Ducati 996 in GP Bikes, and it really does sound a lot better than mine, I have all the correct sounds but in the wrong order, is there a way I can maybe record and post a sound file from my game on the forum so you guys can hear what I mean, I think Hawk has described something similar, It just makes riding some of the addon bikes impossible because the sound is a very important part of the experience.

HornetMaX

As I explained in one of the first replies to you, FRAPS or MSI Afterburner will do it: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1035.msg11875#msg11875

There may be other ways (for sound only) but not sure it will be any faster than using these.

MaX.

Kes1

It was the 'other ways (for sound only)' I was after Max, cheers  ;)

HornetMaX

If you have a creative soundcard they have a channel named "what-u-hear", you can record this channel with any audio recording software.

if you use teamspeak or mumble, they can record in-game audio too I think.

What do you have in terms of sound-card / audio chip ?

MaX.

RiccoChicco

Quote from: Abigor on May 01, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

Just exported a new track with x32 3ds Max and no shadows on asphalt. No problem with x64 , so the problem seems to appear according to the exporter architecture.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 08, 2014, 09:54:03 AM
Quote from: Abigor on May 01, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

Just exported a new track with x32 3ds Max and no shadows on asphalt. No problem with x64 , so the problem seems to appear according to the exporter architecture.

Hmmm ... you did your test on a HD4000 and you see shadows after an x64 export and no shadows with the x32 export, right ?

But what about on a different graphics chipset ?

Interesting info anyway, make a post (probably bug section), one day when Piboso is done with MXB ( :P ) he may want to have a look.

MaX.