• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:29:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Missing laps ?

Started by HornetMaX, May 06, 2014, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi,

we've played a lot on Losail (including a 16 laps race) and from time to time, the server misses a lap, as if the bike did not cross the finish line.

I had a quick look at the track in TrackEd and the only thing I see is that the speed trap line is very close to the finish line.

I know dibu stated that on another track (Paul Ricard) a similar issue was causing problems to the hotlap server and he thought it was more an issue of the hotlap code.

But from what we have seen tonight, it may be more a GPB problem.

@Piboso: do you know if having a finish/split line too close to a speed trap line can cause problems ?

MaX.

dibu

The problem which I reported e.g. at PaulRicard was something that is specific to random's LiveTimingLogger for the HotLap server.

At the highspeed area of PaulRicard the distance between the speedtrap and split2 is only 1m. When there are many bikes at the track, the logger sometimes misses the crossing of one of these lines. Then the lap is invalid for the logger but PiBoSo's system still does it right and counts the lap.

The reason for the Losail problem must be something else.

HornetMaX

Yeah, that was my understanding too.

I'm noticing right now that split 2 on losail is probably not wide enough (on its left side):

I'm trying to see if that's the cause.

MaX.

iVolution

It could be one of the other speed traps as well right? Can imagine someone overshooting a corner and missing the speed trap somewhere else on the track.

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on May 07, 2014, 11:52:57 AM
It could be one of the other speed traps as well right? Can imagine someone overshooting a corner and missing the speed trap somewhere else on the track.
I guess you mean the splits (not the speed trap).

Anyway, I just checked the replay of two (of the many) "missing laps": no split was skipped/missed (not even the one I reported above, which may be a bit tight).
First of the two is a bit messy (bike went down 2-3 times), but the 2nd example is a clean lap. Sounds like:

• server gone nuts
  • network packets gone lost (very strange)
  • track issue (but it pops-up not all the time, so ...)
  • GPB bug/issue
Or maybe a combo of all 4  ;D

I have the replays, if it helps (I doubt but who knows).

The race was 16 laps, 12 participants (14 actually, 2 DNS / crashed before start) and we got 8 missing laps scattered over 6 riders ...

MaX.