• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:37:44 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Acceleration and Braking Problems

Started by Braap570, May 08, 2014, 02:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braap570

Hey Guys,

sorry that the following picture is that ugly but i think you can see what my problem is... ???

i'm using a ps4 controller and my front brake goes with the L2 button and the R2 button is for acceleration. (the picture shows the R2 expample)
If i calibrate the controller ingame i can accelerate only a little bit, too ... thats like u see in the blue circle.
but ingame and if i test the acceleration (red circle) there is only the full acceleration... even if i just press the button for the half way

do you guys know what to do that i can accelerate only a little bit too?

C21

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Braap570

Yes i tried it with this plugin, but its the same with or without that plugin... maybe it depends on the fact, that its a ps4 controller and no ps3 or xbox controller? or its cause till now i just got the demo?!

besides that at the plucin link is to read: "IMPORTANT: when you assign on axis to a control, the axis should appear as (for example) "C1 Axis3" and not "J1 Axis3". Repeat until you obtain the "C1" part."

but on my screen i can only see J1 Axises.... idk maybe im too bad

HornetMaX

There seems to be a lof of info around about using the ps4 pad on pc. Google is, as always, your friend. For example: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176263-how-to-use-a-dualshock-4-to-play-pc-games

I read it diagonally, it seems you need the small software to make the game think you're using a 360 pad.
Not sure you'll be able to use the xinput thingy on top of that though.

Last point: you know that F11 takes in game screenshots ?

MaX.

Braap570

thank u for your response.. i just installed the ds4 tool for the controller... but the thing which i doesnt understand is, that in the "calibrate" mode i can accelerate only a few bit. but if i klick "ok" and set the throttle to R2 and test it (shown at the green shaft) it is even if i only pull the button the half way, a full acceleration..
hm maybe i will search a cheap x box controller haha :D

until a few seconds i didnt know that there is an extra screenshot button, next time i will do it with this! sorry for that failure.

PeterV

Quote from: Braap570 on May 08, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
thank u for your response.. i just installed the ds4 tool for the controller... but the thing which i doesnt understand is, that in the "calibrate" mode i can accelerate only a few bit. but if i klick "ok" and set the throttle to R2 and test it (shown at the green shaft) it is even if i only pull the button the half way, a full acceleration..

until a few seconds i didnt know that there is an extra screenshot button, next time i will do it with this! sorry for that failure.

do you have the controls set to smooth?

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on May 08, 2014, 05:10:29 PM
Quote from: Braap570 on May 08, 2014, 03:45:14 PM

do you have the controls set to smooth?
Normally it shouldn't be necessary.

First thing to do would be to check if windows sees his pad correctly (Control Panel, Game controllers) and if the sticks' movements are correct there.

MaX.

Braap570

if i click to the system devices of windows and go there to calibrate my controller, the option realizes "the half way acceleration".... i got the full version now... so im going to try it now ... maybe it works :)