• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:24:00 AM

Assetto Corsa?

Started by JamoZ, May 09, 2014, 11:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Does any of you guys also play the racing sim Assetto Corsa? Since multiplayer got released today, i thought it would be fun to host a PiBoSo server to have some 4 wheeled fun?

*Don`t know if posts like these are allowed, it is WRS competition after all  ::)

RiccoChicco

I think there is no problem to have a thread like that (on MXB forum they're talking about MXS, MXGP). I just moved it in the right section (non related to PiBoSo sims)  :)

We are several to play it on Motonline (Alibaskins (again the best  ;D), JC#21, Juju (selected at developper's choice for a skin), Kunnn, etc).

I saw that few GPB-Italia members play it too so yeah, it can be fun to have same people on track but with 4-wheels.

Unfortunately, the AC's multiplayer seems to be a mess ATM, so I'm waiting to see how it will be manged in the future.

And if you guys want to have fun together on 4-wheel, we still have WRS, which can be a lot of fun if we're more than 3 on track  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 09, 2014, 11:19:55 PM
Unfortunately, the AC's multiplayer seems to be a mess ATM, so I'm waiting to see how it will be manged in the future.
I haven't tried it yet (I will just for fun, I have the game but I don't have a wheel), but the guys at GPB italia (oDi, skerp, buggi, ALEale) did various races tonight.

Their lobby/booking system is a bit of a pain at the moment (maybe also due to the high number of players), but once in a race everything is smooth as silk: no crashes, no lag, just perfect.

As soon as somebody finds how to host a private server ...

MaX.

JamoZ

I can host a lobby, that`s not a big deal. I just need to know what time ;) Would be great if we could get the french & italian guys in there aswell.

PiBoSo

Every time someone mentions another sim on this forum, a kitten dies

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

JamoZ

Meh, if it were a wombat you`d have me cornered there...

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 11, 2014, 12:15:28 AM
Meh, if it were a wombat you`d have me cornered there...
Yeah, kittens are so overrated ... let's exterminate them ! Last trailer from P-cars looks freakin' amazing (visuals).

But I have to add that some serious players I've discussed with reports that AC physics ... mmhhh ... some doubts ...

MaX.

PeterV

May 11, 2014, 04:37:40 PM #8 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 04:44:48 PM by PeterV
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 11, 2014, 04:05:48 PM

But I have to add that some serious players I've discussed with reports that AC physics ... mmhhh ... some doubts ...

MaX.
I would agree with you there Max, dont now what it is but it feels not wright.
Im sorry that i killed a kitten by buying this AC sim and talking about it here.  ;D

JamoZ

Don`t know if you guys are joking about the physics, but for me ( i play with a wheel ) everything that the cars do make perfect sense. I got a certain control over the cars i`ve never felt in any other sim so far, it`s all perfectly natural.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 11, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Don`t know if you guys are joking about the physics, but for me ( i play with a wheel ) everything that the cars do make perfect sense. I got a certain control over the cars i`ve never felt in any other sim so far, it`s all perfectly natural.
Not joking: these comments come from people also playing/having tested WRS, rFactor and iRacing, with iRacing being the more convincing one in terms of physics (and WRS not bad at all).

MaX.

JamoZ

Well, i also played all the sims you can imagine, for many many years. Sure, no sim is perfect as it`s impossible to simulate 100% accurate at the moment. But for me personally, i find AC to be the most convincing one at the moment, with iRacing as a good 2nd after their recent tire model update.

HornetMaX

Opinions are just that ... opinions. It wasn't even my own one (I do have AC, but I bought it just too see how it looks, I don't even have a wheel).

How do you rate WRS ?

MaX.

JamoZ

May 11, 2014, 06:05:16 PM #13 Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:07:22 PM by JamoZ
I love WRS physics, they also have something really natural about them. Maybe not enough low speed grip, but certainly on par with rf2 and far better then pCARS. It`s just the lack of features & content that stop WRS from being a big sim amongst the settled names.

Also, AC is perfectly playable with a controller. Take a look at these settings, i tried them on my 360 controller and it really makes for smooth handling instead of the sensitive default settings :

"Try this: instead of selecting "xbox 360 gampad" select "wheel/custom" then:

1- config the joystick as a wheel, assign steering to the analog you wish, and throttle , brakes, then shifters, and so on.
2- set wheel rotation at 40 degrees
3- go to "advanced" > "steering settings" > Gamma: 2.00, Filter: 0.90, Speed sensitivity: 0.13

This settings works for cars like the Lotus Evora, Elise, Evora GTC/GX, most road cars. other cars will require to lower Speed sensitivity even more depending on the car.

issues:
Due to not been able to separate throttle and brake axis, you can't properly blip the gas while braking.
You loose rumble functionality."

HornetMaX

I'll give it a try, but las ttime I tried it with the pad it was already pretty playable.
But I'm not a big car games fan and I definitely do not have the time for that on top of GPB and its stuff.

MaX.