• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:07:10 PM

Assetto Corsa?

Started by JamoZ, May 09, 2014, 11:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 10, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Every time someone mentions another sim on this forum, a kitten dies

wahahaha

that was a nice one! :D :D

valentinik46

Quote from: JamoZ on May 11, 2014, 06:05:16 PM
I love WRS physics, they also have something really natural about them. Maybe not enough low speed grip, but certainly on par with rf2 and far better then pCARS. It`s just the lack of features & content that stop WRS from being a big sim amongst the settled names.

Also, AC is perfectly playable with a controller. Take a look at these settings, i tried them on my 360 controller and it really makes for smooth handling instead of the sensitive default settings :

"Try this: instead of selecting "xbox 360 gampad" select "wheel/custom" then:

1- config the joystick as a wheel, assign steering to the analog you wish, and throttle , brakes, then shifters, and so on.
2- set wheel rotation at 40 degrees
3- go to "advanced" > "steering settings" > Gamma: 2.00, Filter: 0.90, Speed sensitivity: 0.13

This settings works for cars like the Lotus Evora, Elise, Evora GTC/GX, most road cars. other cars will require to lower Speed sensitivity even more depending on the car.

issues:
Due to not been able to separate throttle and brake axis, you can't properly blip the gas while braking.
You loose rumble functionality."
just tried your settings the game is totally another experience on a 360 gamepad with this setting,it feels as it should ,ive been trying all types of settings that i found online but they all felt like stupid ,the e30 with this setting is so realistic thanks man,i have a wheel but i like more relaxed playing so i never use it,thanks again,you should put this settings on steam thats where most people go when looking for settings i think

PeterV

Yep those settings work really well, especially me like them on the ferrari 312T.

Thx for sharing Jamoz

ALEale

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 10, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Every time someone mentions another sim on this forum, a kitten dies

Every day without GpBikes V1.0, three kitten dies

I WON!!  :P

just joking :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: ALEale on May 14, 2014, 04:34:25 PM
Every day without GpBikes V1.0, three kitten dies
And as a consequence, the mother of the dead kittens is heartbroken and commits suicide too.

It's a kitten massacre. They are almost extinct.

MaX.

Warlock

hahahaha  ;D , not to put some pressure on you Piboso , but we love cats  ;D

JamoZ

testing out my ghetto D.I.Y headmount for my phone, so don`t pay attention to the shitty quality ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/d92trm1C-dk

HornetMaX

Not sure I understand, you've strapped your phone to your head to record some sort of rider view ?

MaX.

JamoZ

Well, sort of. I`ve mounted it to my headset just to see how something like this would work out. I want to do a video soon of a fast lap around the Nordschleife, with one cam on my wheel and another one aimed at my pedals for some sweet heel/toe action ;)

BOBR6 84

How do I get extra tracks on AC?

JamoZ

Look on the AC forum, there are a couple of W.I.P tracks released, but most are not of good quality and i shouldn`t really bother with them if i were you. Laguna Seca is decent, and Snoopy`s Nordschleife is ok, but other then that they`re mostly crap conversions..

BOBR6 84

Ok thanks, il probably wait until the game is complete to be honest..

Great sim though! Probably the best car racer iv ever played.. Feels great! Even with my 360 pad (dont do wheels)..

It transformed the game using your settings! Nice 1 ;)
Been playing RaceRoom, Racing experience too.. Thats pretty good but I play car games in cockpit view and the steering animation lets that game down for me..

Asetto corsa much more natural and realistic..

JamoZ

Just released my first AC skin :)

And the thread for the ones that are interested :

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ferrari-458-elfen-lied-lucy.10340/

JamoZ

May 23, 2014, 09:51:22 PM #28 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:53:19 PM by JamoZ
2nd skin finished. Not proud of it, but it was a request ;)

And the url with d/l link for the ones who are interested :

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ferrari-458-deadmau5-nyan-cat.10536/

BOBR6 84

Not wanting to kill any kittens.. But try the BMW M3 E30 DTM!

Had more fun tonight with that than any car on any car game/sim ever lol  8)

Nice paintjobs btw!

''Great job'' haha