• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:45 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Yeah i used the yamaha yzr 500 1992.. i use manual clutch. iv'e seen you mention about the shift help a few times hawk but im not really sure what you mean? i only use the clutch for pulling away and for downshifting.. for upshifting i just roll off the throttle a touch and slip it in.. the abusive sound on downshifting is my poor riding, letting the clutch out too fast. i could spend time and smooth it all out but its just a scruffy but fun few laps lol  ;D ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on July 20, 2017, 10:02:36 AM
The "Shift Help" auto clutch action when up-shifting and especially when downshifting while using "Shift Help" is accurate to real life together with the throttle blipping on the downshift that these classic two strokes needed; makes a big difference to the immersion and makes it sound a lot more realistic for the era.  ;D
If he's using fully manual clutch (no shift help) he's probably even more immersed :)

Hawk

July 20, 2017, 04:53:29 PM #1397 Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:55:47 PM by Hawk
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 20, 2017, 11:32:39 AM
Yeah i used the yamaha yzr 500 1992.. i use manual clutch. iv'e seen you mention about the shift help a few times hawk but im not really sure what you mean? i only use the clutch for pulling away and for downshifting.. for upshifting i just roll off the throttle a touch and slip it in.. the abusive sound on downshifting is my poor riding, letting the clutch out too fast. i could spend time and smooth it all out but its just a scruffy but fun few laps lol  ;D ;)

Ah okay.... No worries..... Yeah I only mentioned it because I wasn't hearing the throttle blipping on your gear downshifting.  That made me think you were either not operating the clutch and throttle manually for downshifting or you had not got the "Shift Help" option selected, but no worries Bob, it was just a pointer to help you get a better experience from the bike should you happen not to be using a fully manual clutch action when changing gears that's all. ;) ;D 8)

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 20, 2017, 12:36:24 PM
Quote from: Hawk on July 20, 2017, 10:02:36 AM
The "Shift Help" auto clutch action when up-shifting and especially when downshifting while using "Shift Help" is accurate to real life together with the throttle blipping on the downshift that these classic two strokes needed; makes a big difference to the immersion and makes it sound a lot more realistic for the era.  ;D
If he's using fully manual clutch (no shift help) he's probably even more immersed :)

Very true if the throttle blipping was also being done manually too Max, but if not then I disagree. But Bob explained the reason for that in his above post. :P ;D

Don't get me wrong.... I'm not trying to push the "Shift Help" option for those that use a fully manual clutch action when changing gears or whatever, but I know there are many that don't want to use the "Shift Help" option for whatever reason and yet they don't use a fully manual clutch action either when changing gears particularly in the downshift phase with the classic bikes.... So I was just pointing out that is what "Shift Help" is for, for those that for some reason cannot use a fully manual clutch action on their controller, it allows for the clutch action and throttle-blip to be simulated by GPB which will give those riders a better riding experience overall. But like your suggesting, it would be even better if they learned to actually use a fully manual clutch and throttle blip action for gear changes on the "Classic" bikes, but I'm just pointing out the fact that the "Shift Help" option is there for those that cannot. :)

So I'm just letting riders know that, unlike the modern era MotoGP bikes, the CAWS "Classic" era bikes don't have the quick-shift gearboxes and therefore if the rider doesn't use a fully manual clutch action to change gears, especially down-shifting(with throttle blipping) then they should use the "Shift Help" option for better immersion and handling of the bike. This is were gearbox wear and tear should come into the simulation to break the gearbox when it's being abused.  :)

So no biggy Max. Lol. I was just pointing out some tips to keep in mind when riding the "Classic" bikeMODS from CAWS to get the best experience out of them, that's all.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

July 22, 2017, 11:33:16 AM #1398 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:26:33 PM by BOBR6 84
it feels like every bike in GPB has a magical slipper clutch anyway lol there's no ''bite'' from the clutch at all.. never had any lock ups or chatter from the rear wheel when downshifting too harsh.. ever! lol

RIDER

July 30, 2017, 01:28:07 AM #1399 Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:41:01 AM by PiBoSo
My annual lap in celebration of the Suzuka 8 hour. Windows install became corrupt during capture but reinstalled and finished before the race start  :)
http://www.youtube.com/v/lxW2w1oC_Dc

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 22, 2017, 11:33:16 AM
it feels like every bike in GPB has a magical slipper clutch anyway lol there's no ''bite'' from the clutch at all.. never had any lock ups or chatter from the rear wheel when downshifting too harsh.. ever! lol
For some corners I heel toe my downshifts actually, otherwise I have to wait to tip in. I use sequential shifter with auto clutch though.

BOBR6 84

August 15, 2017, 12:06:50 AM #1401 Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:08:25 AM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: RIDER on July 30, 2017, 01:28:07 AM
For some corners I heel toe my downshifts actually, otherwise I have to wait to tip in. I use sequential shifter with auto clutch though.

Yeah i know what you mean.. i did blip quite alot. yeah the rear washes out on some bikes if you tip in too early.. but that's it. and can be cured on some bikes by adjusting the engine braking settings with the bikes that have it. but the clutch alone in gpb.... no harsh lockups or chatter from locking at all.

Uff

Hello everybody, yesterday I purchased my GP Bikes license and I took the time to put together a video of my first test at Laguna Seca: it's a tough experience. :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/BEsvnU8hGNU

Hawk

Welcome aboard Uff!  ;) 8)

Looks like your doing really well considering you only bought a GPBikes licence yesterday, and Laguna Seca is not the best or easiest trackmod to ride and stay upright on..... Well done mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

tchemi

Yes ! Really impressive for someone who just bought the licence !  8)

Uff

Thanks.  :)
I've been driving with Valentino Rossi The Game in the recent past so I have an idea of the lines to follow (driving style is definitely different from car's simulators), with GP Bikes I found the same pleasure I had in SBK 2001 when I managed to complete a clean lap.  :D
Thankfully GP Bikes supports the driving with a steering wheel too: as much as it might seem strange, I find myself much more at ease with such peripheral rathern than with a X-Box gamepad.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 15, 2017, 12:06:50 AM

@BOBR6 84
Been trying to contact you about riding at Silverstone demo for us but no reply please let me know if you would be able to help as I need a rider who can ride in MotoGP17 and GPBikes?

DD
Yeah i know what you mean.. i did blip quite alot. yeah the rear washes out on some bikes if you tip in too early.. but that's it. and can be cured on some bikes by adjusting the engine braking settings with the bikes that have it. but the clutch alone in gpb.... no harsh lockups or chatter from locking at all.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 17, 2017, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 15, 2017, 12:06:50 AM

@BOBR6 84
Been trying to contact you about riding at Silverstone demo for us but no reply please let me know if you would be able to help as I need a rider who can ride in MotoGP17 and GPBikes?

DD

Is there such a thing as turning in too early? You have to turn in when you need to turn in to hit the apex, surely?
If the rear tyre of a 4-stroke bike breaks away when you turn into a corner then the slipper clutch isn't set correctly, as, in my opinion, is the case with most of the slipper clutch settings on GPB 4 strokes. So either the slipper clutch isn't working properly in the sim or the settings in the bike physics are incorrect for the slipper clutch settings? :P :)

Hawk.

teeds

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on August 29, 2017, 09:48:19 PM
This bike seem easier to tame in b12 -
The front has way less willingness to reach the sky (out of last corner, on main straight, before Stoner corner).
I've seen PiBoSo has zeroed out the lift aero coeff, maybe this explains that (or maybe is something else).