• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:40:50 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

YEBIS 2

Started by HornetMaX, May 15, 2014, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,

I've just stumbled on this (just look the images at the end):

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_hilo-oficial-motogp-14-nuevo-gameplay_1997798

It seems the game is using a post-processing engine for optical effects called YEBIS 2:

http://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/middleware/yebis/en/showcase/gamelist/index.html#anchor_mtgp

The interesting thing is that the YEBIS 2 thingy seems to support openGL too:

http://www.siliconstudio.co.jp/middleware/yebis/en/usage_guide/

Just wondering how applicable to GPB & co all that could be.

MaX.

P.S.
No kittens will die if I talk about MotoGP 14, as it is not a simulator, right ? :)

SwarleyRuiz

I like that effect  :D
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

PiBoSo

GP Bikes already has a post-processing rendering path.
It has been WIP for years.
To enable it:
1) open core.ini in GP Bikes installation folder and change NoHDR to 0
2) open profile.ini and add "hdr_enable = 1" in the "gfx" section

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Wow! That YEBIS 2 effect is incredible! ;D

@Piboso: Just added the HDR enable to GP Bikes as you described above.... Not tested it yet, but will test it in a min.  ;D 8)

Hawk

May 15, 2014, 10:03:14 AM #4 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:05:20 AM by Hawk_UK
Just tried the HDR enabled out on GP Bikes.... As you said Piboso, it is still a WIP, but at the moment there is not a lot of difference in the atmospheric look(Scattering), and the clouds in the sky look very psychedelic with the multiple colours, so yeah, it does need tweaking somewhat.... And from what I've read from dev's, getting the HDR set just perfect is very difficult to do and takes a long time of adjusting and testing to finally come to the right settings.
But we're here Piboso.... We can do all the testing and reporting back you'll ever need when you decide to continue it's development.  When sorted, this would be a fantastic addition to the final look of GP Bikes. ;D 8)

HornetMaX

May 15, 2014, 10:06:23 AM #5 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:11:19 AM by HornetMaX
Which track did you test Hawk ?

EDIT: nevermind, tried Suzuka and Victoria, same psychedelic effect on both. Surely there's something to tune.

BTW: the murasama brake discs become kind of transparent with HDR on.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 15, 2014, 10:06:23 AM
Which track did you test Hawk ?

EDIT: nevermind, tried Suzuka and Victoria, same psychedelic effect on both. Surely there's something to tune.

BTW: the murasama brake discs become kind of transparent with HDR on.

MaX.

Hi Max.
Yeah, sorry mate.... It was Assen I tested the HDR enabled on. Didn't note the brakes being slightly transparent, but then again I didn't look at the brake discs.

JamoZ

Personally i think YEBIS looks horrible. Too much bloom and vibrance and an overal unrealistic gamey look.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 15, 2014, 11:48:22 AM
Personally i think YEBIS looks horrible. Too much bloom and vibrance and an overal unrealistic gamey look.
The key is to use it wisely, not just to show it's there. Most of the time I have to admit all the effects are exaggerated.

MaX.