• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:09:23 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

BSB track set

Started by RBp, May 17, 2014, 09:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

May 17, 2014, 09:54:31 AM Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:15:03 PM by RBp
I'm planning on working though the BSB tracks either updating exsisting tracks or creating track that we don't have. I've still got lots to learn about this and hoping by the end of making these I have good looking playable tracks. I'm hoping to learn more about  .SHD files and  unwrapping and more technics for making the surface playable as the currant one I'm using don't always give the result I hope for.

Brands Hatch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9jhe1m75mh1x98/Brands+Hatch.rar
Bug reports: see though Armco, floating bike effect, specular levels

Croft: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3r1bzdbs494h6g6/Croft.rar
bug reports: Two big bumps, specular levels,

Mallory park: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4yibg2z8mmgjbbr/Mallory+park.rar
Bug report:  specular levels, steps on last corner

Snetterton: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v28mwn3397pjwqr/snetterton.rar
bug report:

HornetMaX

Great RBp. Are these to replace the existing Brands, Croft and Mallory ?

MaX.

RBp

croft and malloy will be replaced. brands hatch is a different version than Noss69.

Abigor

Thanks RBp.........i dont know how you did this but i have shadows and groove buildup on Croft now......THANKS  ;D

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

C21

Thanks RPB  ;D
Are you planning to do Oulton Park?
It´s one of the missing tracks....for a BSB mod  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

RBp

oulton park on the list, just started on thruxton but needs a lot of work this place.

Hawk

May 17, 2014, 07:05:18 PM #7 Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:07:04 PM by Hawk_UK
Hi RBp.

Just been testing Mallory Park and I found a few problems I'd like to report to you:

• I noticed the textures seem to have been given too much specularity as a lot of them shine like they are expressing a wet surface even when dry.
  • The chicanes are still giving problems with stability.
  • The hairpin appears to have been flattened out, when in actual fact it should take the track from a lower level to a higher level?
  • The undulations that were in the original track surface seem to have been taken out? Personally I always thought of these as part of the character of the track surface.
  • I've noticed what seems to be a slight step were the last corner connects to the start finish straight; as though you haven't matched the corner section exactly with the start of the Start/Finish straight section?(but not quite sure if that is the problem?).
My test bike was the varese 500cc bike.

Hope this helps.  ;)

RBp

May 18, 2014, 04:51:58 AM #8 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:53:03 AM by RBp
specular set to 98, not sure what going on. I need help with this tbh
I never had problem with circanes, 2nd one on a single poly so there nothing to disturb the bike first one all verts set to same height
harpin been flatten out, smoothing it still caused the bike to crash,  not 100% realistic but nor are the physics we work with 
Only three corners been touched not sure about the undulations as I never riden Mallory in real life. Mallory and knock hill and brands gp I never put a lap round
angle between last corner and straight abit abrupt but the bike never crashs. does need looking at more.

Harrytmj66

Awesome, thanks for doing this mate. We have some of the best tracks in the world over here.
Look forward to seeing your version of Oulton  ;D

RBp

May 18, 2014, 07:38:52 AM #10 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:43:48 AM by RBp
Thanks, I've been sitting on them for a while trying to get the specular looking right but I can't seem to find the answer, im hoping someone will see what I done wrong so I can fit it later. Im trying to make all the tracks have a similar feel to them, I used this season teams to texture trucks,awnings,pits and done some sponsor banners and afew other things to try and acomplise this, Tracks should look and play better then orginals but some corners wont play ball at the moment. The skill set is massive but im slowly getting there. These 3 tracks was more about painting textures which I never done before, camera and marshals which I never got correct before and .SHD files which im still confused with.

There 12 tracks to be released, bug tested/fixed 

Hawk

@RBp: You can easily find plenty of good tutorials on specular maps and their application on the internet, that would be a much better way for you to learn about that subject than anyone here trying to either post or PM you a guide on the subject.

But my advice would be to either subscribe to a reputable website like "Digital Tutors", or try searching YouTube for what you need to learn.  :)

Hope this helps, mate.  ;)

BOBR6 84

BSB Mod.. Epic! :)

+1 for oulton park ;)

This reminds me.. Iv never been able to ride snetterton!.. I downloaded it and deleted it many times but it doesnt show up in gpbikes?

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

nuovaic

Finally got chance to try Brands, yes, very raceable and enjoyable to ride around with no fear of falling now! (500)
Thanks Rbp!

A complete BSB track set would be fantastic, a dream come true.