• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:03:54 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

R.I.P Simon Andrews

Started by BOBR6 84, May 19, 2014, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Sad loss. great rider! Died from his injuries sustained from a high speed crash at the northwest200!

girlracerTracey

May 19, 2014, 10:07:06 PM #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:13:31 PM by girlracerTracey
As I said on the other forum Bob this is so very, very sad.

I remember him almost winning a BSB round at Mallory Park a few years back on the previous & less competitive version of the ZXR1000. He was riding for Nick Morgan's MSS kawasaki squad that day. If he hadn't been taken out by another rider (Josh Brookes) at the hairpin I think he would have won that race. I also remember his appallingly serious Le Mans crash from 2011. He was fighting back to fitness..in a similar way to Stuart Easton.

A great talent who will be very greatly missed by all..

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

rich32g

GhostdogNL

Yeah i have seen the crash ..pffff R.I.P

Warlock

Uhhhh, yeah, very nasty crash  :-\ 
Road racing is amazing , but has its downside and its so sad when happen  :'(

R.I.P.

HornetMaX

That's exactly why, as far as I do admire their courage, I'm very much against road racing.
No need to read the (italian) words, the video is enough.

http://www.insella.it/news/north-west-200-morto-simon-andrews

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Yeah I fully understand why some people are against road racing! Somebody gets killed every year at the TT! its amazing how these events are allowed to carry on in this day and age of health and safety and protective laws.. On the other hand thats what makes it so special that people are willing and allowed to put life and limb on the line for that sense of acheivement and thrill.

My team mate is doing the manx gp this year for the first time! Everything he has been doing for the past year or so is geared towards the isle of man! Its a big deal for a bike racer.. These things have to be allowed to carry on! Despite the dangers.

Harrytmj66

Really sad news, never knew Simon Andrews but from what you hear he was one of the good guys in the paddock always smiling and very approachable.
R.I.P