• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Brno Practice Video.

Started by Klax75, May 20, 2014, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Here is a video of me practicing at Brno. I crash at the end but because I wanted to save he replay before the session changed, so it wouldn't be a corrupt file. Was having a issue on some servers if they session changes the replay would be corrupt.

Full manual rider lean, no assists, manual clutch, manual shift.

The video is a little long. lol

Brno Practice

http://www.youtube.com/v/P4TYn1EaTag

BOBR6 84

Great video man! I like manual rider lean it looks great that you can shift the rider over ready for the next turn etc..

I tried it but I find it difficult! I dont have enough fingers lol

Do you use a pad or wheel?

I use a 360 pad.. All the steering and leaning is on left stick.. Right stick is clutch for me! Trying to figure how I can have manual left right lean...

Klax75

May 20, 2014, 03:36:36 AM #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:39:03 AM by Klax75
Thanks. I use a X-Box 360 Controller. Just realized I marked the picture wrong for gear changes. Left is down shift, right is up shift. :)

I only ride in helmet view so the Camera Views button I hardly ever use.

iVolution

Yeah manual rider L/R lean always makes those video's look better/different from all the others because of the more realistic rider movement. I have tried it a few times but am of the opinion that it has too little influence on the corner speed. When leaning the opposite direction of the corner, I always have the feeling that it has little to no impact on how fast I go through it so therefor I don't bother with it anymore. Sitting on the side of the bike while doing a wheely does make beautiful replay though  :D

Hawk

Very nice riding there Klax..... I agree that the rider movements looks so much more natural when they are applied manually, though the rider animation looks like it needs smoothing out.

Just a question about the virtual rider movements and the effect it has on the balance of the bike: Surely in reality when the rider hangs off the bike before the entry, and vice versa opposite on exit the effect on the balance of the bike and the braking characteristics should be different than normal or auto rider lean - is this the case Klax?

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 20, 2014, 08:43:23 AM
Very nice riding there Klax..... I agree that the rider movements looks so much more natural when they are applied manually, though the rider animation looks like it needs smoothing out.

Just a question about the virtual rider movements and the effect it has on the balance of the bike: Surely in reality when the rider hangs off the bike before the entry, and vice versa opposite on exit the effect on the balance of the bike and the braking characteristics should be different than normal or auto rider lean - is this the case Klax?

Yes it does, when I try to use auto lean I can't ride. The balance of the bike is off then from what I am use to. If you look at the video the second to last right hand turn of the lap. I don't lean the rider off the bike as far as he will go at a certain point. I lean the bike but not the rider as far, then I can take the turn without worrying about falling off on that section. Sometimes in that turn you will see the tail of the bike slip out very quickly, once I move the rider I get control again.

If the front wheel starts to wobble, I will move the right behind the wind screen and not hang of the bike, then the wobble goes away.

For me I have noticed turns will happen differently compared to were I move the rider. The lean angle of the bike maybe the same, but the effect on the over all turn is different.

Yeah there is a animation bug in full manual lean. The rider won't tuck in completely until you hit 90 mph. So there is a snap from partial tuck in to full tuck in. Where if you have auto lean on, even if it is left and right. He will still tuck in completely at 90 mph, but it's a smooth transition. Piboso said this has been fixed, when I mentioned it a while back.