• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:19 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Ready Soon?

Started by Alex_Logan_3D, October 14, 2013, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

C21

That´w my opinion too  ;)
I would like to get on the physics when it´s released if no one else will do that  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Alex_Logan_3D

Quote from: C21 on January 15, 2014, 07:43:22 AM
That´w my opinion too  ;)
I would like to get on the physics when it´s released if no one else will do that  ;)

Only 3D so far yes. I'm working with Ricco Chicco to get this into game. I don't know if he's looking at Physics for it but it will need doing by someone.
I guess the side mounted rear shock could change things a bit.
Freelance 3D Artist - 2011 Z750R rider

neoraptor

Hi Logan,
AFAIK, Ricco is not yet working on physics ;)
I started a wiki to help people building correct physics (see my signature for the link).
The position of the rear shock doesn't really matter for GPB as it only requires a swingarm pivot point and the min/max angle of the swingarm ;)

There is still a bit work left on the geometry model (fork-chassis linkage is not found yet) but it has already a good amount of information.
You are welcome to help with the redaction if you know how graphic and sound files (or any other part) are working ;)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Alex_Logan_3D

Quote from: neoraptor on January 15, 2014, 11:37:08 AM
Hi Logan,
I started a wiki to help people building correct physics (see my signature for the link).
The position of the rear shock doesn't really matter for GPB as it only requires a swingarm pivot point and the min/max angle of the swingarm ;)

There is still a bit work left on the geometry model (fork-chassis linkage is not found yet) but it has already a good amount of information.
You are welcome to help with the redaction if you know how graphic and sound files (or any other part) are working ;)

I'm happy for anyone with trusted knowledge of the physics engine to set it up.
I still need to get it set up into parts required for export and pivot points required but pivots should be correct already.

I've not really had much time to mess around with the game, especially beta4 and have no experience in the sound files. I could go to my local Ducati dealership and record a road spec panigale engine if thats any use?

neoraptor

Quote from: Alex_Logan_3D on January 15, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
Hi Logan,

I'm happy for anyone with trusted knowledge of the physics engine to set it up.
I still need to get it set up into parts required for export and pivot points required but pivots should be correct already.

I've not really had much time to mess around with the game, especially beta4 and have no experience in the sound files. I could go to my local Ducati dealership and record a road spec panigale engine if thats any use?
The pivot/reference points for each part are already described in the wiki (http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/MountingPoints3D).

Which engine are you targeting with your (beautiful !!) 1199? stock? sbk?
To have a close match, the better is to found a dyno for the engine ;)

I also made a check-list to follow when building a bike physic (http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/Checklist). You can already check if you have all the informations ;)

Concerning the measures, I need to finish the geometry model first, but you can already take the swingarm lenght (from pivot to middle adjustment of the wheel), some chassis measures (see this picture to know which points : (http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140114151016/gpbikes-mods/images/1/13/990.png)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Alex_Logan_3D

Thanks for that info and link to the wiki. The mounting points page certainly helps a lot, i'll be able to set the max file up to that now and hopefully it should be a quick process to get it into game. Setting the physics and tweaking of that will be the biggest job which someone will have to tackle.

C21

I´m sure if you get the 3dmodel into B4b someone will take on the physics  ;)

RiccoChicco

True :P

Even if I tried things with physics, I'm waiting to have documentation about it. I'm also looking Neo's work, which is IMO great. Can't wait to see the tool completed!  8)

Warlock

Quote from: Alex_Logan_3D on January 15, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
...... especially beta4 and have no experience in the sound files. I could go to my local Ducati dealership and record a road spec panigale engine if thats any use?

About sounds, ...man, thats a difficult task, but if something can help is having really good samples of the bike at different revs. Even with good samples the bike may not sound as desired, because the game sound engine plays with pitch to get on revs, and they tend to sound quite robotic.
If you want i can give it a try if you can provide some samples. Condition for samples are about 10-15 seconds of STEADY sound at different revs: idle, very low, low, mid , high, off verylow, off low, off mid, off high. I would even do more samples of different revs in every step i named there, as some may adapt better than others, and we can try a bit more complex engine.scl (sound mixing file in game) with more loops than the default for other bikes (idle, very low, low , etc). We could try idle, very low, midlow, low, highlow, mid, etc etc.
I think the ideal sounds we can get is with the bike on a Dyno run machine, so the bike will run with load and without enviroment sounds as wind etc.

As i told , even with good samples may not sounds as desired, so i can't promess a really good sound. I did the sound for the Yamaha R6 with samples captured from Youtube mixed with a Ferrari sound loop from Asseto corsa game  :P. The result is more o less acceptable, hope i can get a better one  for your bike if we have good resources.

Jose Reina

WooooooooooooooooWWWW    :P :P :P

C21

Any news on the bike??

RiccoChicco

Hi!

I'm working on it, even if I don't have much time for it and I have other projects (TT Mini on the top list). The bike is already "playable" on the 3rd person view, but integration is for from perfect ATM.

Note : The 3D model is probably the most beautiful I've ever seen, Alex made an amazing job on it and I will make everything to make it as beautiful ingame  :)

Abigor

This is a bike i'm "really" look forward to

Alex_Logan_3D

So myself and Ricco were working on this but we're struggling to find the time.
I messaged JuJu to see if he may take over or someone else with experience getting a mod bike into game.
It's all there, cockpit version and 3rd person, just needs to get finalised in game including any small tweaks as required. The physics then need to be set.

Would love to see this finalised and in game.