• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My Adventures with Direct Steer w/ Torque

Started by Klax75, May 24, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

May 28, 2014, 09:15:54 PM #15 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:22:47 PM by BOBR6 84
Ok I tried direct steer with and without torque this morning!

Impossible lol!!!

Handling is extreemly hard but what was even harder was having all the controls layed out differently lol I copied your layout Klax!

I might put more time towards it though as I really like the extra elements it brings to the handling! Just need to find a layout to suit me on the pad..

Ps. Even more impressed with your cadwell video now lol

+1 C21's physics..

Klax75

Thanks everyone. :) Those videos were after hundreds of laps, and countless hours of practicing using various tracks and all the different bikes. :)

Klax75

May 30, 2014, 08:25:03 PM #17 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:27:15 PM by Klax75
I kind of mess up the end of the lap. My time ended up being 4:41 even after the mistakes. Using the Aprilia RSV4.

Practice at BreuquainVille:

http://www.youtube.com/v/97-kyHW_tcc

C21

Really Impressing read.
I've tried it 6 month ago and was Not able to move Out of the pits ;)
I Presume you Rode the Wsbk sc59? I have to Look at the physics to confirm but i have an Idea why the Bike has a bigger gyroscopic effect....
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Klax75

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on May 27, 2014, 09:05:37 AM
On a side note. I was also practicing with C21's version of the CBR1000's. Oddly I found the physic's easier to use with Direct Steer, then with the default physics. C21's the gyroscopic effects were a lot stronger and the bike wanted to spring up on it's own a lot more especially at low speeds.

Quote from: C21 on May 31, 2014, 06:18:02 AM
I Presume you Rode the Wsbk sc59? I have to Look at the physics to confirm but i have an Idea why the Bike has a bigger gyroscopic effect....

For the gyro effect it should be easy, it's just the inertia of the rotating parts (around their rotating axis).
For the "the bike wanted to spring up on it's own a lot more especially at low speeds", this should come only from the bike geometry, mostly the front.

MaX.

Klax75

June 02, 2014, 08:55:03 AM #21 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:59:37 AM by Klax75
Still practicing. lol Here is a quick video of what kind of lean angles I've been able to get with DST. In slow motion and normal speed. :) I made it out of the turn and didn't crash and picked the bike back up. Trying a torque setting of 55-60 right now.

If it makes sense I am starting to get a visual "feel" for what the lean angles look like when doing them. The rider doesn't tilt his head in the turns with DST so he looks a little odd.

Direct Steer with Torque Lean Angle:

http://www.youtube.com/v/dwD31VgsBk8

Hawk

Looking good Klax! ;D 8)

I'm going to be so way behind you by the time I get time to get into this kind of practice with DST. Hehe. But after the last Red Bull Rookies race for sure I'll be there.  This is gonna be fun!! ;) ;D

Ian

Can there be a warning/grinding sound to tell you that the knee pad is about to touch the tarmac
Or it could spark as a visual warning that might help

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Klax75 on June 02, 2014, 08:55:03 AM
Still practicing. lol Here is a quick video of what kind of lean angles I've been able to get with DST. In slow motion and normal speed. :) I made it out of the turn and didn't crash and picked the bike back up. Trying a torque setting of 55-60 right now.

If it makes sense I am starting to get a visual "feel" for what the lean angles look like when doing them. The rider doesn't tilt his head in the turns with DST so he looks a little odd.

Direct Steer with Torque Lean Angle:

http://www.youtube.com/v/dwD31VgsBk8

cool!  8)

body/head position looks better to me.. on a fast corner like that anyway

Klax75

Quote from: Ian on June 02, 2014, 05:37:10 PM
Can there be a warning/grinding sound to tell you that the knee pad is about to touch the tarmac
Or it could spark as a visual warning that might help

Right now there is no sound for the knee hitting the ground. Would be nice. I ride from helmet view so I am doing things visually, at times it does get a little difficult since I am controlling the rider movements separate from the bike movements. I just go by if the bike is at this side of my screen at this angle I know relatively about what the lean angle would be.

There is a sound for bike scraping the ground, on the older version of the R6 before the WSS pack was released if you took a turn really low you would hear it. I saw sparks before but only when watching the replay, since I am helmet view, didn't notice the sparks til later. On the 500cc bikes I hear the scrap more often, then I do on any of the other bikes.

Ian

I think the scrap is the fairing on the 500 & 600

Klax75

My best lap on the NSR at Mosport using DST. It's a 1:39. Video starts after I had crashed, then getting up to speed for the lap. :) This was after a couple hours of practice on the 1000cc and 500cc bike. The track is nice and flowing good to practice DST on.

Honda NSR 500cc at Mosport:

http://www.youtube.com/v/xqeXTHZG8Es

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

BOBR6 84