Author Topic: MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP  (Read 18674 times)

neoraptor

• View Profile
    • Modding wiki
Re: MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
Hi Max,

Mclaren Atlas is definetely not free: the 2 versions (lite and normal)  requires both a dongle according to their website

If you want to have some export option, there is Circuit Tools which is free and has an open (and documented) format:
* Format documentation (quite easy): https://racelogic.support/01VBOX_Automotive/01General_Information/Knowledge_Base/VBO_file_format
* Application: https://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/index.php/en/circuit-tools-driver-analysis-software

Might be interesting to have an export option, but it does not bring much more compare to your tool. I prefer MaxTM visualisation.
(It is normally used to have both video and data displayed. Could be really fun to have with GPB replays, but it requires too much work)

I am still using your tool and find it very useful and easy to use.

I have noticed some points that could be improved (or that I didn't found):
* if MaxTM is running and a new TM file is saved/created, have an option to automatically open/add it to the current workspace. That way, a simple alt+Tab to MaxTM gives access to the latest run and start the analysis right away.
* Automatically reload the last graph panels used (actually I need to reopen them each time)
* Have the option to always center the track panel depending on the cursor position (when zoomed)
* Have the ability to detach the graph panels (to have more than one displayed)
* Have an option to display the segments in track panel + graph (to know where the sectors are)
* Maybe some kind of csv import to have a more generic tool? (But this point is not related to GPB)

If you need some help, I also have learned and used Qt for small projects and can implement some parts.

Thanks again for your great work ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2018, 11:31:49 AM »
No news, availabe time and motivation to work on this stuff is low.
To be honest, I even think I've only done 4 laps max with GPB in the last 4 months.

I'm even trying to convince myself that if the next gpb beta is 64bit I will have to find the time to port all the stuff to it. And even that it's not a given. :/

Side note: I've received some sort of commercial proposal for this telemetry tool, but even for that, I'm far from sure I have the time.

neoraptor

• View Profile
    • Modding wiki
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »
No problem Max ;) I understand fully.

If you find time (and motivation) for GPB 13, it would be great  :)

I can completely understand that you receive some commercial proposal as your tool has a clean, simple yet powerful interface.
It is very nice to use (I enjoy it a lot).

Maybe a silly question, but don't you want to open-source your code (or share it with other dev/players) so other could add features and maintain it between new versions ? I get it also if you want to keep the code private, no problem here ;)

Thanks anyway, for your very good tool !
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »
MXB beta 8 is out and it's x64.
I only compiled MaxHUD and it works OK with minimal effort, so that's good.
I'll surely port all my stuff to x64 for all sims, then I got a couple of minor things to do in MaxSCL (didn't forget that, h106 :) ).
After that I'll see what to do.

At the moment I'm pondering just adding a PayPal "donate" button and call it a day :)

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:44 PM »
Good to hear Max, thank you. 8)
Motorcycles have BRAKES
Glass BREAKS
Engine BRAKING is a thing
Sometimes engines BREAK
If the BRAKES BREAK you may BREAK
English 101.

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2018, 07:21:48 AM »
Cheers Max, your plug-ins and apps are 'must-have' components of GPB and greatly appreciated :)

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
v2.0 out:
  • Updates for GPb beta14, WRS beta13, MXB beta8 and KRP rel6.
  • Now possible to chnage the sign in diff graphs, i.e (ref_lap - other_lap) or (other_lap - ref_lap): right click on the graph, current graph proprties, delta plot (inverted).

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)