• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

MaxTM - A telemetry tool for GPB, MXB, WRS and KRP

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

GPB date in Motec.  Seems better to utilize the free tool already available instead of building your own.

I'm after math channels as well.

HornetMaX

But the free tool has a proprietary format no ?
The MaxTM plugin can export to csv, not sue MoTeC can eat that though.

uberslug

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 23, 2018, 10:07:58 AM
The MaxTM plugin can export to csv, not sue MoTeC can eat that though.

I have poked around a bit and like what I see in terms of the information that is available.

I have seen where the graphs all interact where one data point in the Brake Percentage Graph is also indicated in the Throttle Percentage Graph, however, is it possible to overlay two or more data streams into one graph?

Also, I have yet to find a way to export to *.csv. How does one accomplish exporting? I went through the context sensitive right mouse click menus.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on February 24, 2018, 01:16:24 PM
I have poked around a bit and like what I see in terms of the information that is available.

I have seen where the graphs all interact where one data point in the Brake Percentage Graph is also indicated in the Throttle Percentage Graph, however, is it possible to overlay two or more data streams into one graph?
Not possible, it's something that has been requested already in the past but it's a bit annoying to implement.
And the time I have for that is, at the moment and in the foreseeable future, essentially zero.
Plus, my overall motivation around GPB is in free fall ... I mean, I spend all my gaming time on PUBG, that says something.

Also, I have yet to find a way to export to *.csv. How does one accomplish exporting? I went through the context sensitive right mouse click menus.
It's not the viewer that can export data, it's the plugin (the .dlo that goes into GPB plugins folder).
In GPB's folder there's a MaxTM.ini, set the data_output_csv param to true and you'll also have a cvs file for each run (format should be self-explanatory).

uberslug

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 24, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

Not possible, it's something that has been requested already in the past but it's a bit annoying to implement.
And the time I have for that is, at the moment and in the foreseeable future, essentially zero.
Plus, my overall motivation around GPB is in free fall ... I mean, I spend all my gaming time on PUBG, that says something.

It's not the viewer that can export data, it's the plugin (the .dlo that goes into GPB plugins folder).
In GPB's folder there's a MaxTM.ini, set the data_output_csv param to true and you'll also have a cvs file for each run (format should be self-explanatory).

I figured as much. If it were trivial to implement overlays you probably would have done it already.

I will play around with the *.csv output.

Thank you.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on February 24, 2018, 03:56:27 PM
I figured as much. If it were trivial to implement overlays you probably would have done it already.
Doing it is rather easy, doing it right is another story.
Putting mutliple data series on the same plot is trivial, but most of the times you may need to control the axis scaling and offset for each data serie (to avoid them overlapping too much, or because the relevant rnage is not th edefault 0-100% one etc).

h106frp

Remember having a similar problem years ago with a project and resolved it by converting all the plot series to percentages so they all fit 0 to 100 on the graph

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on February 24, 2018, 07:01:16 PM
Remember having a similar problem years ago with a project and resolved it by converting all the plot series to percentages so they all fit 0 to 100 on the graph
That would be horrible for things like speed, temps and plenty of others no ?
I don't have a problem overlapping a 0-350Kmh speed serie with a 0-100% throttle serie (the library I use for the plots is pretty nice and flexible: even if you only see one vertical axis, you can actually have one vertical axis for each serie).
The problem is that you need some control on the ranges because sometimes the two series overlap too much in the area of interest.
I'e seen a pic of an F1 screen and they had some basic stuff like throttle%, brake% etc all nicely spaced vertically to avoid them overlapping.

h106frp

It was only 0 to 100 % for the plot graphic, clicking a series  reports values and changes to the relevant scale range in engineering units.  It just made the graphical display part easy and consistent

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on February 24, 2018, 09:03:39 PM
It was only 0 to 100 % for the plot graphic, clicking a series  reports values and changes to the relevant scale range in engineering units.  It just made the graphical display part easy and consistent
Ah OK. But I don't even need that, the software allows individual vertical axes for each series :)

Phathry25

Mclaren Atlas is free and can read from a CSV file. I've been able to prune down your CSV format manually and it works great. Is there any chance I could get you to change output format to be more friendly for me? Or allow custom formatting?

All I really need is a time stamp (HH:MM:SS.000)to be added at the beginning of each row of data. And Atlas doesn't play well with the Brake (F) formatting. I have to change those to BrakeF manually.

Would I be correct to assume all the info available is being logged and any request for additional data need to be made to PiBoSo?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Phathry25 on March 05, 2018, 04:13:57 PM
Mclaren Atlas is free and can read from a CSV file. I've been able to prune down your CSV format manually and it works great. Is there any chance I could get you to change output format to be more friendly for me? Or allow custom formatting?
I'm less and less interested in keeping all this stuff alive (MaxHUD, MaxTM, MaxSCL), but what you need seems simple enough.
Send me an orginal .csv (as created by MaxTM plugin) and the one you've "manually" adapted to work with Atlas.
Maybe I should just get rid of the viewer and only keep the plugin to export to an Atlas-compatible format.

But, is Atlas really free ? I think last time I checked (years ago) it was not (usb dongle).

All I really need is a time stamp (HH:MM:SS.000)to be added at the beginning of each row of data. And Atlas doesn't play well with the Brake (F) formatting. I have to change those to BrakeF manually.
Crap. The "Brake (F)" syntax is used by MaxTM_Viewer (to group stuff together, e.g. Brake --> F / R under brake menu).

Would I be correct to assume all the info available is being logged and any request for additional data need to be made to PiBoSo?
You would, mostly.
Out of memory there may be something I don't log, but it should be irrelevant (e.g. rotation matrix)..

uberslug

Is there a way to turn down, or off, those three excruciatingly loud beeps when I go to the track. I have my sim volume set at 10 percent so the heart beat and the bike / wind noise are just a pleasant hum but those beeps are still WAY TOO LOUD. I like the telemetry tool but I am contemplating turning it off on a permanent basis because of how loud the beeps are.

Thank you for your help.

HornetMaX

March 13, 2018, 08:29:32 PM #73 Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:48:58 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: uberslug on March 13, 2018, 10:54:13 AM
Is there a way to turn down, or off, those three excruciatingly loud beeps when I go to the track. I have my sim volume set at 10 percent so the heart beat and the bike / wind noise are just a pleasant hum but those beeps are still WAY TOO LOUD. I like the telemetry tool but I am contemplating turning it off on a permanent basis because of how loud the beeps are.
Cheapo instant solution: open the file on_sound.wav (in MaxTM_data folder) with any sound editor and lower its volume (or replace the file with something yuo like more).

I will add an option (in the .ini file) to set the volume of the sound.

EDIT: I will *not* add the option. I use some cheapo windows function to play the sound (to avoid dependences with external libs) and guess what, it has no volume control. Bummer. Not worth adding an externali lib just for that. I'm sure you'll be able to modify the .wav as you want.

uberslug

Audacity to the rescue!!! Turned Amplification of the Beep down to -20 db and it is now a reasonable volume [attention getting but not ear splitting].

If anyone would like a copy of on_sound.wav let me know.

Thank you Max.