• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

setup options..

Started by BOBR6 84, June 02, 2014, 02:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Been trying all sorts of setups lately, just trying random things to see what happens..

I am now very confused!

Everything seems to be back to front!

Eg. Engine braking seems to be less on 3 than it does on 0.

Preload! The more I raise front preload the more it feels like its actually lower and stiffer..

Is this just me???

C21

June 02, 2014, 10:14:08 AM #1 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:17:30 AM by C21
QuoteEg. Engine braking seems to be less on 3 than it does on 0.
yes, correct. It´s the other way round compared to AntiWheelie or Traction Control....3 is less and 0 is most.

QuotePreload! The more I raise front preload the more it feels like its actually lower and stiffer..
That´s what Desteban mentioned in his thread previuosly..
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=882.0
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Yes for engine braking, but for preload we have no conclusion.
I'm not very OK with "checking the suspension height while the bike is crashed".

MaX.

BOBR6 84

hmm.. il try your telemetry maX see if that shows whats happening!

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 02, 2014, 04:39:10 PM
hmm.. il try your telemetry maX see if that shows whats happening!

That's an option: PosX, PosY and PosZ contains the coords of a point fixes to the chassis (not the CoG).

If you plot the coord relative to height (PosZ, I've renamed them with respect to GPB weird naming) you may have some info.

Notice however that you need a flat track (the coords are absolute, not relative to the local track ground level).

I'll see is I can find something.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Hmm ... no matter the preload (0 or max) I don't see any change in the telemetry: neither in the PosZ coord (height, internally GPB calls this PosY IIRC) nor in the suspension position ...

Probably something fro Piboso to have a look at ... maybe we're missing something, but if not ...

MaX.

janaucarre

if i have well understand the telemetry datas, the preload works good. The moves of suspensions are smaller than without preload.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: janaucarre on June 02, 2014, 08:32:21 PM
if i have well understand the telemetry datas, the preload works good. The moves of suspensions are smaller than without preload.

Without preload??

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on June 02, 2014, 08:32:21 PM
Post a screenshot (next release I'll add "save as image" and "Print" to the telemetry thing) and describe your findings.

What seems strange is that the "ride height" seems unaffected by the preload.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

This is what iv found without looking at telemetry..
If I set front preload quite low and rear preload high, then dampen everything best I can.. Im expecting to see/feel better turn in ability.. Its pretty good!

This is the part that confused me..

If I use the exact setup but raise the front preload to maximum, the bike turns/tips into corners even better! Also feels stiffer to me! Surely it should be the opposite?

Obviously there is lots of ways to go with suspension but iv tried alot of different things now!

Sounds to me like the in-game preload adjustment is just increasing/decreasing the stiffness lol

HornetMaX

It's hard to detect the effect of preload from the bike behaviour.

The easiest thing would be: more preload --> increased riding height (unless if even with no preload at all you were already topping out the suspension, which is practically never the case).

But that's exactly what I don't see ...

MaX.