• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My latest #MotoGP thoughts: 300 reasons to smile (Mugello)

Started by davidboda46, June 03, 2014, 12:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

My latest #MotoGP thoughts:300 reasons to smile
http://mythoughtsabout2wheels.blogspot.se

Enjoy.

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

I've read countless professional articles on motorbike magazines that are much much worse than your ones.
In fact, almost all the ones I've read are worse than your ones. You should write professionally man !

MaX.

Alby46

great article, you have a natural talent for explaining things
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

C21

QuoteDucati can also run the more advanced open spec ecu-software - a clear advantage over the open entries. Dovizioso and Ianonne have proved that they can be at the sharp end when it comes to qualifying, and under the right circumstances (meaning problems for the factory boys) they can even clinch a podium or two. But the problem is riding the bike at a high pace during an entire race.
As far as i know Ducati has to use the same ECU spec as all the other Open bike teams regardless if it is the Factory Ducati or the Pramac Ducati Team. Both teams are on open bikes. They may have an advantage because magneti Marelli is really close working with Ducati and they have an advantage because Ducati is working with part of the software since years ;-)
Ducati still has the additional advantage to develop the engines during the season, using 12 instead if 5 engines, use of 4l more fuel and the soft tyre compared to the other big manufacturers Honda and Yamaha.

Good writing  :)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

davidboda46

HornetMaX

This years rules are just one big joke.

Let's allow Suzuki to have 1200cc bikes next year and call that "Factory new entrant open class plus plus", maybe they'll be competitive ...

MaX.

C21

Hmm.... ???
maybe i misunderstand what i have quoted....

HornetMaX

My understanding is that the ECU software is indeed the same for all the open bikes.
The problem seems to be that Ducati seems to have been sort of developing this software in close relationship with Marelli, so much that it's almost Ducati's software.

They are even talking about taking the Ducati factory software and make it "public": all the open teams could use it (if they are capable to do so, which is far from granted), but Ducati will de facto keep on using their own private software (made public to abide to the rules).

Just silly: I don't even think all this is helping them that much. Haven't seen any info on fuel consumption though ...

MaX.

C21

QuoteThe problem seems to be that Ducati seems to have been sort of developing this software in close relationship with Marelli, so much that it's almost Ducati's software.
That´s my understanding also.
They have an advantage because the software developer of the new Open-ECU package is mainly Ducati  ;)
Magneti Marelli is an electronic hardware developer first and only in second row a software developer.