• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:19:33 AM

GP Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, June 20, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

Quote from: Klax75 on June 22, 2014, 11:09:27 PM
I get the crash when clicking settings too when online.
I get thats but .. in solo that's more problematic ^^"

Vini

It depends what kind of a wobble it is. If it's a speed wobble where the rear wheel is oscillating left and right (sliding), rolling off the throttle will help but if it is already a tankslapper (where the light front wheel is quickly oscillating left and right under heavy acceleration), cutting the throttle will cause you to crash most of the time.

janaucarre

We can't open the settings page when we are online because the base of the game is not working, the proof is that in solo mod it works. The online mod uses only a little part of the entire game.

C21

QuoteIt depends what kind of a wobble it is. If it's a speed wobble where the rear wheel is oscillating left and right (sliding), rolling off the throttle will help but if it is already a tankslapper (where the light front wheel is quickly oscillating left and right under heavy acceleration), cutting the throttle will cause you to crash most of the time.
Are you talking about Real life or GPB Beta 5?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

LOOPATELI

ok so now as you said i try to join online from firefox.
now it opens the game at least, but it goes to the home page no to the server... :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 23, 2014, 09:58:35 AM
It depends what kind of a wobble it is. If it's a speed wobble where the rear wheel is oscillating left and right (sliding), rolling off the throttle will help but if it is already a tankslapper (where the light front wheel is quickly oscillating left and right under heavy acceleration), cutting the throttle will cause you to crash most of the time.
There's quite a mess with terminology around. The correct one seems to be:

• Wobble: front assembly oscillations, 4-10Hz, relatively low speed (10-20 m/s). For that, a steering damper can help. Sometimes called tank slapper or flutter or shimmy.
  • Weave: oscillation of entire bike (but mainly the rear), lower in frequency (<4Hz). The bike seems to follow a kind of sinus trajectory, the rear moving from side to side (don't think it's sliding though).

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: C21 on June 23, 2014, 07:46:49 AM
-> the bike responds more to the track surface that´s my opinion.
for my taste a bit too much.
with a 125cc i should (an in RL i can) go on Victoria´s Start and Finish line FULL throttle without a whobble. (This can be seen in many race videos).
I think this "feature" should be reduced about 50% than it will be well  :)

I share your observations C21. A wobble like this should not be possible with a 125cc, it seems to be exaggerated. I generally like the new feeling with the beta5 very much, I just think some parameters need to be tweaked. When you have massive load transfer with the 1000cc, it is normal and realistic to have wobbles - BUT I can make the bike crash everytime on purpose just by causing a massive load transfer (e.g. like from turn 9 to turn 10 on Phillip Island - massive acceleration while leaning right, closing the throttle immediately while also transferring from right lean to left lean and breaking) this should really bring the bike to its extremes, but it should not result in the bike wobbling for a split second and falling to the side. Also the low-siders of which videos were posted are not realistic. It might also be the virtual rider causing problems, as MaX suspected.

Also, generally I like the way the engine brake (EB) works now in beta5. But I also think it is overdone. At the moment, I use EB = 2 which is very much driveable but already a massive engine brake force can be observed. Out of curiosity, I tried maximum EB (EB setting = 0!) and then its just ridiculous. Even if I downshift slowly and late, the rear still locks up like crazy - I would have to keep throttle open constantly, even while braking and turning in order to counter the massive rear wheel lock tendency - it is just plain undriveable. It is not a physics flaw, I just think the EB mapping in the garage needs to be adjusted to the new beta5. It doesnt make sense to have EB settings that are not useable. The current EB = 2 should probably correspond to EB = 0. Just my thoughts.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 10:31:19 AM

• Wobble: front assembly oscillations, 4-10Hz, relatively low speed (10-20 m/s). For that, a steering damper can help. Sometimes called tank slapper or flutter or shimmy.
  • Weave: oscillation of entire bike (but mainly the rear), lower in frequency (<4Hz). The bike seems to follow a kind of sinus trajectory, the rear moving from side to side (don't think it's sliding though).
Thanks for the correct terms but wobbles/tankslappers also occur at higher speeds. The difference is that the rear wheel has traction constantly and is not oscillating/sliding.
http://www.youtube.com/v/GvHtChodNk0
In a weave the rear wheel is changing between no-grip and grip (so it does slide) which causes the bike to oscillate until the amplitude gets zero and the wheels are aligned again.
What occurs in GP Bikes are weaves (but they are not such a big problem) and wobbles at high lean angle when on very low or no throttle (usually called shattering).

@ C21, I was talking about real-life.
@ Stout: I agree, the engine braking needs to be readjusted but if you set it to 2 or 3 it is at least ridable :D

After testing a little bit on Mugello I have to say that the bike wheelies too much. When they ride over the little hill at close to 360 km/h in MotoGP, the front wheel only lifts a few centimeters (and they are on full throttle). In GP Bikes, when doing 320 flat out over the hill the bike will just do a backflip.

tonygas

Hello everyone and thank piboso this new beta. After trying it for several laps at various circuits, except the front to swing out of the corners, everything else thoughts about me pretty good and realistic. The brake is a greatly improved and I think this will help a lot of people (including me) when you stay on track. Awaiting update motorbikes. ;D ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 23, 2014, 11:18:56 AM
Thanks for the correct terms but wobbles/tankslappers also occur at higher speeds.
Yes, sure. And they are even scarier because at higher speed they are less damped (when not even unstable).

In a weave the rear wheel is changing between no-grip and grip (so it does slide) which causes the bike to oscillate until the amplitude gets zero and the wheels are aligned again.
Hmm, only thing I see in a weave is large slip angles for the rear, not really grip / no grip. But maybe that's what you intended.

What occurs in GP Bikes are weaves (but they are not such a big problem) and wobbles at high lean angle when on very low or no throttle (usually called shattering).
I agree with that. The low speed high lean shaking of the front is wobble. More steering damping will help solve that.
The high speed shaking (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pST4zPwWWnI or that )  is weave. More steering damping will make it worse.

So now, good luck Piboso :)

After testing a little bit on Mugello I have to say that the bike wheelies too much. When they ride over the little hill at close to 360 km/h in MotoGP, the front wheel only lifts a few centimeters (and they are on full throttle). In GP Bikes, when doing 320 flat out over the hill the bike will just do a backflip.
We seem to all agree on that at least.

MaX.