• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:50:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, June 20, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I won't comment on the physics until I've tested it enough.

I can only say that the tire radius change depending on the lean is there and very visible. Good stuff !

MaX.

JamoZ

Custom helmets & helmet paints don`t seem to work for me either. Anyone else with the same problem?

fabio93bg

Quote from: malve on June 20, 2014, 09:24:44 PM
I feel sad about the new physics. IMHO its not real as beta4b was. This was very fine with reallity, now i miss the aguility.

pls give us the beta4b physics back!! :/
it's no time to judge, as max said you can't get used to it and understand in 5 minutes, try for some days  ;) and then, if you feel the same, you will write the same thing.

Warlock

I haven't tried it yet , but these kind of comments about physics have been there every release i remember, plz take your time to get used , at least a week and then judge.

JamoZ

Well, i usually pick up on changes very quickly as i`m really picky about those things. after 20 or so laps with the 1000 i can say i do like the feeling of the brakes alot more. But there seems to be something weird going on with the bike. It wheelies really quickly and even gets the front up in the air midcorner without really unsettling the rear/balance of the bike, feels weird. Like i felt a little bit of that "spinning cheeseburger" effect on the bike, no other way to explain it. Haven`t really compared laptimes yet, so i can`t comment on that. Like every beta the physics & feeling need getting used to, it`s really too early to scream something like some spoiled brats....

RBp

Im away racing the weekend so cant comment on game but

How to implement track sound would be my most important thing,  Im guessing it a naming thing like the kerb sound?

malve

I see my mistake, shame on me.

Gpbikes Controller wasn´t  right Calibrated after Update.

Physics still good , sorry :D

GP Bikes Germany - www.gp-bikes.de

JamoZ

Stiff, that`s the word. The whole package seems alot more stiffer and seems to tolerate alot less movement in the suspension/frame/tires, this results in some crazy wobbles & wheelies at some points, even on a smooth track like Victoria.  Back to testing :)

ALEale

It's too early to give feedback .... What a surprise this beta! I also noticed bike changing rpm with changing lean!  Like real life! From Monday I will start testing.... I would only say THANKS from all GpBikes Italia community....

HornetMaX

Don't install on top of beta4.

Even if you install in a different folder, your beta4 and beta5 installations will share the GPB data folder (the one with the profiles, under "Documents/Piboso/GP Bikes"), which will probably confuse both beta4 and beta5.

If you want to have them both, you will have to manually switch the data folder before running GPB: rename the data folder to "GP Bikes.beta4" and "GP Bikes.beta5" and when you need to run beta5, rename "GP Bikes.beta5" to "GP Bikes".

MaX.

HornetMaX

I did a quick try with the GSXR 600 WSS and with the same identical setup the bike has 10Kmh more in top speed (monzabike v1.1, end of straights).
Is that expected ? What is the cause of that ?

In case you have some spare time ( :P ), can you detail these ?

fix: chain simulation
fix: tyre simulation
new: brakes control gain
new: password page

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Wow beta 5!!!  :)

Before I download it..
If I delete beta4 do I lose everything? Controller configs, bikes, tracks, setups!?

HornetMaX

If you delete the data directory ("Documents/Piboso/GP Bikes") then yes, you lose everything.

What I do (any time there's a new beta):

• Rename your current data directory (e.g. to "Documents/Piboso/GP Bikes.beta4")
  • Install beta5 in a separate directory (e.g. "C:/Program Files (x86)/GP Bikes beta5"
  • Run beta5, the exit immeditely.
  • Transfer your license.ini, global.ini anf profiles folder from the beta4 data dir to the beta5 one (setups seem to be compatible)

MaX.

Abigor

Well..... sorry but no........Beta 4 was very close to perfect......this beta is not......the is no way in hell that the bike is nervous like that and wheelies midcorner like that...... it's not real physics........ i'm your biggest fan PiBoSo but right now i don't know what to say  :'(

fabio93bg

Quote from: JamoZ on June 20, 2014, 10:15:26 PM
Stiff, that`s the word. The whole package seems alot more stiffer and seems to tolerate alot less movement in the suspension/frame/tires, this results in some crazy wobbles & wheelies at some points, even on a smooth track like Victoria.  Back to testing :)
this.
For now i like new physics. I like how real is when you begin accelerate after a corner in some cases: something the rear want to go outside a little but traction control intervene to correct this, result 2 or 3 little "correction" of the rear  ;D but in some cases this "correction" become a real wobble and the bike seems crazy on the straight