• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:12:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta5 - what has changed in terms of physics ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 22, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,
I haven't tried beta5 out enough, so I won't judge it yet. However, the two things reported by many others are pretty evident: lots of wheeling and wobble on turn exit.

From the changelog, it seems that the only changes related to physics that could affect this are:
fix: chain simulation
fix: tyre simulation

Is it possible to know exactly what the above changes are ?

I did a diff between the files of the beta5 bikes and the beta4b bikes, differences are consistent across all the bikes. On the 990 for example, there are some changes in the .geom but they all seem minor. In the .cfg the gearbox DisengageMaxTorque has been lowered, but that's not a big deal probably.

One surprising thing in the .cfg is that AirLengthBase (front suspension) is now -0.05 while before it was +0.1. Is this normal ?
(I think yes, as I see it in all the bikes, but ...)

I've replaced the beta5 .cfg file with the beta4b one, but the bike still has the wobble and wheelies, so I'm tempted to conclude the root cause of these is not in the physics parameters of the bike (but in the physics model in the simulator).

MaX.

C21

June 23, 2014, 09:57:47 AM #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:20:09 AM by C21
Difference 4B -> 5
Can only speak for the MSM125:
Physic:
- Disengage MAxTorque reduced from 30 to 20.
- FSP Area changed from 0,001 to 0,0022
- FSP AirLengthBAse change from 0,1 to -0,05
- FSP Oil range changed from 0.05,0.01,0.14  to 0.14,0.02,0.2

Geom:
REMOVED: grip_leftpos, grip_rightpos, grip_leftdir, grip_rightdir, footpeg_left, footpeg_right
ADDED: rider_view, rear_sprocket, chain_pitch, stand_type, stand_link and a new collision sphere for the steering (coll / steer / numboxes=1 /...)
-> Hmm....how is it now possible to position the footpegs/riders feet?

In General:
No changes on Tyre and engine parameters - they are identical to 4b!

QuoteI've replaced the beta5 .cfg file with the beta4b one, but the bike still has the wobble and wheelies, so I'm tempted to conclude the root cause of these is not in the physics parameters of the bike (but in the physics model in the simulator).
100% agree.
IMHO: The whobble issue can not be reduced in the physics because they are most the same as in Beta4b -> speaking of the values Modders can adjust.

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Yeah I've seen these differences (they are very similar for the other bikes, the 500 and the 990).
Hence my two questions above ...

MaX.