• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:30:56 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Front / Rear brake gain

Started by HornetMaX, June 24, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Simple question: what's that ?

MaX.

JamoZ

Sometimes, when something just feels good. You don`t need to question it...just enjoy it...

HornetMaX

I don't question it, but I don't know what it is / does.

MaX.

JamoZ

I think he upped the gain on all 3 levers a bit more. They all bite a bit more over the complete range and feel much more progressive. First i always felt like i was riding with fading brakes or something...

HornetMaX

No, I mean in the input settings, there's now a gain slider (active only on front and rear brake).

I don't know what it is/does as it does not corresponds to anything I know of on a real bike (which is consistent with the fact it is situated in the inputs settings and not in the garage).

MaX.

C21

Maybe a slider to adjust the progressiveness of the brakes?
(just an imagination, don´t had time to test it)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Kerazo

if i remember right: if you set gain to 50% and you break as hard as you can, you only have half of the bar activated on maxHUD

Ian

Quote from: kerazxo on June 25, 2014, 04:00:35 PM
if i remember right: if you set gain to 50% and you break as hard as you can, you only have half of the bar activated on maxHUD
Yes and on the calibration screen

HornetMaX

I can't double check but I can easily trust you on this.

But I don't get it, what would be the real life equivalent of this ?!

MaX.

Ian

Its solved my gear down change issue setting the rear brake at 50 % gain I push the pedal the same distance as before but  only get half the input travel.
So I am not reaching the point were It stops me from changing down.This can't be what it was designed to do ?

LOOPATELI

June 26, 2014, 10:56:44 AM #10 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:59:29 PM by LOOPATELI
it think this feature was implemented for people like me that has the rear brake (for example) in a "normal" button in the pad. for example i have the rear brake in R1 of my ps3 controller. Before this feature in small categories like 125 using the brake was imposible, now i can use it perfectly.
for the sifting down, for me this doesn't solve it, i continue having that problem while braking

Ian

If you have a steering wheel use the pedals

Ian

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

MaX.
Changing the linkage or pedal position maybe

PiBoSo

MaX.

There is no real life equivalent.
Gain is meant to be used with values under 100% for those using a digital control, and over 100% in the hypothetical case of a brake control harder than the real one.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Stout Johnson

June 26, 2014, 02:13:43 PM #14 Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:15:48 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 26, 2014, 01:14:06 PM

MaX.

There is no real life equivalent.
Gain is meant to be used with values under 100% for those using a digital control, and over 100% in the hypothetical case of a brake control harder than the real one.
If there was rl equivalent it would have to be found under garage setup.   ;)

Very nice addition this feature, I was wishing for that feature for a long time. On most tracks I do not use 100% braking power, so with this feature I might improve the efficiency of braking. Still experimenting with it though.

Btw Piboso, would it be possible to invert the non-linearity settings in the control settings setup? Atm, it is progressive - I would like to try it with degressive, in order to maybe have a better feel for the brake when nearing the brake maximum. This could be useful to compensate for having no force feedback with current controllers, whereas irl I feel feedback from my brake lever.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------