• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Front / Rear brake gain

Started by HornetMaX, June 24, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 26, 2014, 01:14:06 PM
There is no real life equivalent.
Gain is meant to be used with values under 100% for those using a digital control, and over 100% in the hypothetical case of a brake control harder than the real one.
Thx for the reply.

Not a big deal, but it feels like a little concession with respect to reality: in a situation like the one Stout was reporting (tracks where he does not use 100% of the braking force), in real life you would have to ... well, brake less (after having selected the largest master cylinder), not tweak some setting that allows you to "scale" your brake lever so that it generates only 80% (e.g.) when you squeeze it fully.

I'd like too (like Stout) to have the linearity setting works both ways (i.e. lower slope at the origin, like now, but also higher slope at the origin): this is something standard (for example) in the radio-controlled world (cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, anything), typically called "expo" (for exponential) setting.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 29, 2014, 12:57:56 PM
Not a big deal, but it feels like a little concession with respect to reality: in a situation like the one Stout was reporting (tracks where he does not use 100% of the braking force), in real life you would have to ... well, brake less (after having selected the largest master cylinder), not tweak some setting that allows you to "scale" your brake lever so that it generates only 80% (e.g.) when you squeeze it fully.

Gain < 100 is meant as a little concession to digital input users. Maybe it should be limited to the rear brake only.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Personally I don't think there's a real need in GPB for that (no idea about WRS / KRP), not even for the rear brake: larger master cylinder (when available) + smooth should be enough. But that's just my opinion.

If you're open for suggestions on the subject, would be nice to hear from the others.

MaX.

Warlock

I was fine with beta4 setting for rear brake, and i use a plain button for it. If you dont hold it pressed for too long, there is no problem. And im fine too wih beta5 rear brake. So if Gain helps somebody im fine with it too.

LOOPATELI

with a digital button and 100% gain is fine for 1000 and 500 for example
but for 125 or 600, at least for me, it was impossible to use it, even with the smooth options and softest brake

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on June 29, 2014, 05:13:26 PM
So if Gain helps somebody im fine with it too.
But would you be fine if somebody using front brake on an analog trigger (or axis) uses the gain to lower the overall brake force ?

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 29, 2014, 09:48:23 PM
Quote from: Warlock on June 29, 2014, 05:13:26 PM
So if Gain helps somebody im fine with it too.
But would you be fine if somebody using front brake on an analog trigger (or axis) uses the gain to lower the overall brake force ?

MaX.

Well, there is already  TC setting that people take benefit of it, and i dont use.  Also people can use analog for rear brake and im using a button, just because xbox pad is so uncomfortable for me, i'm too used to my logitec dual action pad (no shoulder triggers). People are also using 3rd person view, i don't, ...so..... (well, after saying all this i'm starting to feel a bit alone in the dark lol, i understand you Klax :D)
There are also helps allowed (i must say i use auto rider lean)

What i'm against is the option to mix both brakes editing a file in the game folder as we saw some time ago.

Anyway , imo brake leverage  already do lower the brake force, or at least something that feels similar. So, gain indeed sound a bit redundant ( if i understand well what it does) . Tried it, didn't like it. I like to have most of the braking force, just in case i need it.
I can imagine a situation where i need to brake really hard , for example try to avoid a collision with the rider in front of me, and don't have the enough brake because i lowered it in settings. I prefer to do a stoppie or crash than hit another rider and f**k his race.

But this is just my opinion and the way i ride.