• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:01:28 PM

Beta5 wheeling

Started by HornetMaX, June 24, 2014, 01:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from Piboso comment on beta5 objectives:

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 23, 2014, 05:39:44 PM
The plan for Beta5 was to improve three aspects:
- simulation of the forces on the chain, instead of a "virtual" torque acting on the rear wheel
- improvements of gearbox simulation
- improvements of tyre simulation, specifically the calculation of loaded and effective rolling radius

Can the new chain simulation be responsible of the increased willingness to wheelie ?

I'm tempted to say yes, as a properly simulated chain force affects the bike's tendency to squat (typically, chain force will compress the rear suspension while driving).

If true (and assuming there are no obvious bugs/issues),  I'd say that allowing us to modify the swingarm pivot (right now the changes have no impact) could help in taming the wheeling willingness of the bike at no cost (it is exactly the reason for which swingarm pivot adjustment is available on real bikes).

MaX.

Daniel_F

June 24, 2014, 01:30:59 AM #1 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:37:42 AM by Daniel_F
that actualy makes perfect sense

but even with that eletronic ( in the case of the 990 ) should step in and stop it i guess so not the only issue

rodney007

Wheelie would be okay but this game has the tipping point too low so any wheelie is almost a negative effect on corner exit

capeta

July 09, 2014, 09:38:34 PM #3 Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:36:15 PM by capeta
- improvements of gearbox simulation
i have noticed i can't downshift if i press the rear brake with all the bikes bug or intentionnal?
I can if i use manual clutch however.
Edit:Well my bad  i have just retried and it works now maybe a controller bug because i have just reinstalled another driver for to have ffb and now it works even with manual or auto clutch.

capeta

Thx and yes it owrked after seting up some sliders if i remember so it's not my new driver the fix.
Thx for the tip!