• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:06:30 AM

Vyrus Moto 2 Bike

Started by Furious, June 26, 2014, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Hi
I would like to model a Vyrus moto 2 bike.
If you know the Vyrus company you already know my question :P

Does GP Bikes support front swingarm?

RiccoChicco

Nope, but if you play with some geom parameters, maybe you can simulate it (but it will not be a good way to do it  ::) )

HornetMaX

Hmmm ... not sure you'll be able to even simulate the front arm swinging as GPB only allows for linear sliding of the fork parts ... at best the front arm could be made to translate up/down instead of rotating around his pivot ...

What is your question Furious ? (I don't know anybody at Vyrus but ...)

MaX.

Furious

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 29, 2014, 04:58:48 PM
Hmmm ... not sure you'll be able to even simulate the front arm swinging as GPB only allows for linear sliding of the fork parts ... at best the front arm could be made to translate up/down instead of rotating around his pivot ...

What is your question Furious ? (I don't know anybody at Vyrus but ...)

MaX.

The question was about swing arm. Maybe Piboso will implement possibility to use that kind of suspension in some years to come. If it was already supported i would have more motivation :P Either way, will try model it in 3D and than w8 for the support.

PS> I thought than Vyrus is better known and more users will be interested :/

HornetMaX

Would be nice to have, even if the number of bike having hub steering is really really tiny.

I was briefly discussing it (hub steering) with a friend 2 weeks ago and his opinion was that the thing is essentially dead. The advantages it has on paper are always more than compensated by the disadvantages. Also, it would need some dedicated tires (that no one is willing to produce). He also said that semi-active front suspensions (e.g. the ones you can have on road BMW bikes right now) essentially solve most of the troubles a classical fork has, at a fraction of the cost of an hub steering system.

But have to admit, hub steering always looks super cool !

MaX.

Allen

Would have been nice to see Elf continue (or someone continue their efforts) to see if with more R&D all the recent advances in "conventional" suspension could be matched with equal advances in alternatives..

Actually an Elf RS500 Honda would be an interesting addition to the GP-Bikes stable (rodney007 has already done the rear end of one for his NSR250.. the Pro-Arm Honda single sided system was actually licensed from Elf, for those who didn't know)