• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:06:05 PM

Beta4b

Started by thomaszockt, July 06, 2014, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaszockt

hello ,

i am not very happy with the new update and wanted to ask if there is any link for the beta4b !?

thanks

tseklias

Quote from: thomaszockt on July 06, 2014, 12:27:46 PM
i am not very happy with the new update and wanted to ask if there is any link for the beta4b !?
http://www.gp-bikescz.com/en/game-72.html i dont see a 4 version here but try googling it and if you dont get any results pm me and ill send you the 4version.

tseklias

here you go, i have the mods also if not on the mega site. this will take a little longer to upload(1.3gb :o) but pm if you need them also.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v6fwx89fca7ouj9/gpbikes-beta4b.exe

thomaszockt

AWESOME , thank you very much !!

i appreciate that  :D

dude

I think I will also switch back to 4b until the next update after 5b will released.

Abigor

Quote from: dude on July 07, 2014, 03:11:22 PM
I think I will also switch back to 4b until the next update after 5b will released.
Yes.....+1  ;)

Hawk

July 08, 2014, 02:50:40 PM #6 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:51:25 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: dude on July 07, 2014, 03:11:22 PM

I think I understand what your saying and the reasons for it....

I personally would just like Piboso to at least put back the front end physics to what they were in beta4b until he has properly worked it out and tested it before again implementing it back into the public release beta version. I say this because it is SO soul destroying to have worked so hard on creating tracks that sort out to a great extent the lowside problems on tracks for the beta4b version, only for the release of the beta 5/b versions to have totally ruined all that work; now the tracks that were good at preventing lowsides are now just as bad as they ever were before all the work was done on them! WTF!! Ufff!! It just makes you feel what was the point in working on those tracks in the first place if when another beta version of GPB comes out it will destroy all the good work so far achieved!!??
The greatly worse front end low-siding is the greatest disappointment with the new beta5/b release for me personally, the other improvements are great apart from maybe the front wheel wheelies too easy through the higher gears?

I've waited in hope that Piboso would return the front end physics back to at least what they were in beta4/b but he hasn't, so I for one won't be doing any more track authoring until the final version of GPBikes is released... Sod that for a larky! :P

Your definitely on the right track Piboso, but in my mind if something you've implemented is far worse than before then you should at least roll back the bad part/s  to what they were in the previous version and then re-implement it back again when it's been sorted out and works properly. I don't think we should have to make do with something that works worse than before for another 6 months before a better version is released..... Roll the implementations that are worse than before back again, please!  :)

Hawk.

camillozockt

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 08, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

I personally would just like Piboso to at least put back the front end physics to what they were in beta4b until he has properly worked it out and tested it before again implementing it back into the public release beta version. I say this because it is SO soul destroying to have worked so hard on creating tracks that sort out to a great extent the lowside problems on tracks for the beta4b version, only for the release of the beta 5/b versions to have totally ruined all that work; now the tracks that were good at preventing lowsides are now just as bad as they ever were before all the work was done on them! WTF!! Ufff!! It just makes you feel what was the point in working on those tracks in the first place if when another beta version of GPB comes out it will destroy all the good work so far achieved!!??
The greatly worse front end low-siding is the greatest disappointment with the new beta5/b release for me personally, the other improvements are great apart from maybe the front wheel wheelies too easy through the higher gears?

I've waited in hope that Piboso would return the front end physics back to at least what they were in beta4/b but he hasn't, so I for one won't be doing any more track authoring until the final version of GPBikes is released... Sod that for a larky! :P

Your definitely on the right track Piboso, but in my mind if something you've implemented is far worse than before then you should at least roll back the bad part/s to what to what they were in the previous version and then re-implement it back again when it's been sorted out and works properly. I don't think we should have to make do with something that works worse than before for another 6 months before a better version is released..... Roll the implementations that are worse than before back again, please!  :)

Hawk.

exactly !!

i mean , i don't want to nag on it but.....didn't he test it before and realized that the front end is completely exaggerated !?!? the front sometimes lifts up in 6th gear and doesn't go back down !!
it feels like the wind makes the bike wanna fly !! but switching back to 4b......i can't play online but then again there is nearly nobody playing ^^ !! thats pretty f***** up....and doing some laps gets boring...... :-\

Abigor

Quote from: camillozockt on July 08, 2014, 03:38:06 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 08, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

Your definitely on the right track Piboso, but in my mind if something you've implemented is far worse than before then you should at least roll back the bad part/s to what to what they were in the previous version and then re-implement it back again when it's been sorted out and works properly. I don't think we should have to make do with something that works worse than before for another 6 months before a better version is released..... Roll the implementations that are worse than before back again, please!  :)

Hawk.

exactly !!

i mean , i don't want to nag on it but.....didn't he test it before and realized that the front end is completely exaggerated !?!? the front sometimes lifts up in 6th gear and doesn't go back down !!
it feels like the wind makes the bike wanna fly !! but switching back to 4b......i can't play online but then again there is nearly nobody playing ^^ !! thats pretty f***** up....and doing some laps gets boring...... :-\
+100.000

PeterV

Read this?
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1219.0

Beta4 master server still available on port 10501 ( editing gpbikes.ini ).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:20:43 PM by PiBoSo »