• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:02:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Sachsenring NC raceweek

Started by PeterV, October 27, 2013, 06:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

October 27, 2013, 06:14:38 PM Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:49:07 PM by PeterV
Next week i will be hosting a race weekend for a maximum of 10 players. (full is full)
The event will be run with the resume function, so all results (Qualifying QP-1 & QP-2) will be brought over to the next session.

Minor rules:
- No restarts what so ever, time plenty to practice youre start(s) (Only a restart if server breaks down)
- Be on time, if it says 20:30 UK (GMT+1) then it will start at that time no exceptions.
- Be fair and Respect full to each other.
- Have fun

Server: Oldschool
Password: None, Server riders are whitelisted

Track: Sachsenring NC V1.0
Track Downloads

Bike :Varese 594
Race lenght: 50% (15 laps)
Limited tire sets
Warmup on
Sightninglap On
Warmuplap On
Limited tire sets

Wednesday 30 Oktober
20:30 UK (GMT+1)
Free Practice 1 (FP-1)
Session Lenght 45 minutes

Thursday 31 Oktober
Free Practice 2 (FP-2)
Session Lenght 45 minutes

Friday 1 November
Qualifying Practice 1 (QP-1)
practice length: 15 Minutes
qualifying length: 15 Minutes

Saturday 2 November
Qualifying Practice 2 (QP-2)
practice length: 15 Minutes
qualifying length: 15 Minutes

Sunday 3 November
Race
warmup length: 15 Minutes
sightninglap: 1 lap
warmuplap: 1 lap
Race length: 50% (15 laps)
RACE (riders who did at least attend one of the following sessions (FP-1, FP-2, QP-1 and QP-2), are eligible for the race.
Qualifying times go before Practice times in grid positions.

Alby46

great idea! i'm on holiday next week
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Warlock

Always ready for an old school race  :D

Hawk

Brilliant! Re-live the good old days with the 2 stroke 500cc GP Bikes.... My favourite class! I'll certainly be there if I can.... I'll have to get plenty of practice in for some of you guys... Just keep looking behind, I'll be there in the distance. LOL..... Thanks Peter!! 8) ;D

Hawk

Peter. Just a query because this could make a lot of difference to performance in the race..... are you allowing "Wheelie Help", and "Traction Control Help" for this event or not?

I'd personally like to see those disallowed for the event, but I'm easy whatever decision you decide.  :)

Rodrigovis

I'll see if I can ... during the week I have class at night in college ....

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on October 28, 2013, 10:54:08 AM
Peter. Just a query because this could make a lot of difference to performance in the race..... are you allowing "Wheelie Help", and "Traction Control Help" for this event or not?

These features are all allowed, its supposed to be fun for most of us, if i put it on "hardcore" mode not many will be participating i think.

So in short...any setting available you can use if you want.

JamoZ

Maybe then Warlock will be able to stay on the bike for once!  8)

Warlock

Quote from: JamoZ on October 28, 2013, 05:10:26 PM

Lol !   damn noob   ;D

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PeterV

Quote from: Rodrigovis on October 28, 2013, 02:40:57 PM
I'll see if I can ... during the week I have class at night in college ....

Rodrigues keep trying to connect too server if first attempt fails, takes several times sometimes.

PeterV

Quote from: JamoZ on October 28, 2013, 05:10:26 PM

Didnt help me one bit in Cota race :P

Hawk

Really enjoyed tonights fun race at Sachenring NC with you guys..... Took some of us, namely me, lol, time to get the start right, but it was fun. and I WON! YEY! It'll be pay back time for you guys on race night for sure, LOL

Thanks guys! ;D

Klax75

Was fun, I just need to work on consistency. To much falling.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on October 28, 2013, 10:47:39 PM
Was fun, I just need to work on consistency. To much falling.

Yes, was great fun last night... Don't know what happened to Peter?

Consistency; You'll get there and we all fall to a certain degree, don't worry about it, it's all part of the learning curve... Just practice practice practice, learn from others and then you'll start to get a feel for everything and it'll all start to feel automatic; your consistency will then come to you for sure.
I think braking in the proper way is a big part of the learning curve; A lot of people just slam the brakes on at the last minute and think they are doing a good job.... WRONG!..... You have to brake progressively as you enter your braking zone and then you will find that your stopping power is a lot more effective. If you just slam your brakes on then you are quite likely to have your tyres break away from you, especially when peeling into the corner while still braking hard.