• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:21:09 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

I have eliminated front end wobble 80%

Started by rodney007, July 19, 2014, 10:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney007

Its ok, I am working with some bike moders to release bikes that feel like new ones, rather than 3d and skins for visual appearance.

valentinik46

this is off topic but roodney nice riding man  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 21, 2014, 10:12:48 AM
Others like Max will try to look at your findings and work things through with you to fully understand what you have done and it's effects.
That's what I usually do, but in that specific case I'm not gonna push it any further as rodney007 (despite creating great 3d models and spending a lot of time on this physics tests, which is great) won't listen to some basic remarks. Fine to me.

I can't try his results right now so I won't judge it. What I can say with absolute certainty is that not all the bikes squat at acceleration (powerful sport bikes in particular) and that changing the Pacejka coefficients of the tire as he has done should have zero impact on the fact the rear compresses or extends when the gas is open. That's for the benefit of the others, as rodney007 doesn't seem to care (which is his right, no problem with that).

MaX.

PeterV

Warlock

BOBR6 84

Has anybody else tried it yet?

I think its nice..
From what you wanted to acheive with it rodney I think u got it!

I cant comment on whether or not its the correct way to change stuff but from a brief 10laps it felt good to me.. Just seemed to get alot more purchase from the tyre..

JamoZ

I tried it, and although the front wheel stays in line alot better and so it reduces the wobbles significantly, it also has something unnatural about it. It looks like the bike has a slight moment where it looks like it wants to turn around it`s center pivot ( like the rotating cheeseburger effect ) before the front wheel grabs it`s line and starts cornering. I also felt that corner entry speed was also reduced a little, but that can also be due to wrong setup, as i feel this tweak might need a special or different suspension setup than the default ones.

All in all it`s a step in the right way, but it`s not quite there yet.

But hey, who am i...

girlracerTracey

Yes I've tried it. It does seem to improve (i.e. lessen) the tendency for the front end of the bike to "wobble" quite noticeably.

Tbh though beta 5b with this modification still doesn't feel right to me. The bike still doesn't feel "neutral" on the front end to me. But yes it is improved..

grT   

Daniel_F

everytime i fall i got a crash dunno if everyone is getting the same or if its only me

rodney007

July 22, 2014, 03:29:30 AM #41 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:44:22 AM by rodney007
Quote from: valentinik46 on July 21, 2014, 12:24:51 PM
this is off topic but rodney nice riding man  :)

Cheers dude

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 21, 2014, 12:50:06 PM
That's what I usually do, but in that specific case I'm not gonna push it any further as rodney007 (despite creating great 3d models and spending a lot of time on this physics tests, which is great) won't listen to some basic remarks. Fine to me.

I can't try his results right now so I won't judge it. What I can say with absolute certainty is that not all the bikes squat at acceleration (powerful sport bikes in particular) and that changing the Pacejka coefficients of the tire as he has done should have zero impact on the fact the rear compresses or extends when the gas is open. That's for the benefit of the others, as rodney007 doesn't seem to care (which is his right, no problem with that).

MaX.

Um...you crack me up MaX, they did warn me about you :P - I tried answering your questions but you seem to .... I
am just going to leave it I am too busy to get caught up in something with you no offense.

Quote from: girlracerTracey on July 21, 2014, 09:10:22 PM
Yes I've tried it. It does seem to improve (i.e. lessen) the tendency for the front end of the bike to "wobble" quite noticeably.

Tbh though beta 5b with this modification still doesn't feel right to me. The bike still doesn't feel "neutral" on the front end to me. But yes it is improved..

grT

Great to hear... a step in the right direction!, You can try it on 4B it feels much nicer

Quote from: JamoZ on July 21, 2014, 08:33:52 PM
I tried it, and although the front wheel stays in line alot better and so it reduces the wobbles significantly, it also has something unnatural about it. It looks like the bike has a slight moment where it looks like it wants to turn around it`s center pivot ( like the rotating cheeseburger effect ) before the front wheel grabs it`s line and starts cornering. I also felt that corner entry speed was also reduced a little, but that can also be due to wrong setup, as i feel this tweak might need a special or different suspension setup than the default ones.

All in all it`s a step in the right way, but it`s not quite there yet.

But hey, who am i...

Great feedback man thanks! If this is too much the tire setting can be adjusted so there is less compression when on throttle in the corner. Am happy to revise some files and
let you try again if you want?

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 21, 2014, 07:38:30 PM
Has anybody else tried it yet?

I think its nice..
From what you wanted to achieve with it rodney I think u got it!

I cant comment on whether or not its the correct way to change stuff but from a brief 10laps it felt good to me.. Just seemed to get alot more purchase from the tyre..

Yes the rear tire works alot more... thanks for your feed back

HornetMaX

Quote from: rodney007 on July 22, 2014, 03:29:30 AM
Um...you crack me up MaX, they did warn me about you :P - I tried answering your questions but you seem to .... I
am just going to leave it I am too busy to get caught up in something with you no offense.
None taken.

All my willingness to explain to people on this forum why things work the way they work is gone. From now on I'll just warn when somebody says something very wrong (e.g. "all the bikes squat at acceleration"), without bothering to explain. The ones who care to know why could always reach me by PM.

MaX.

rodney007

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 22, 2014, 07:45:56 AM
None taken.

All my willingness to explain to people on this forum why things work the way they work is gone. From now on I'll just warn when somebody says something very wrong (e.g. "all the bikes squat at acceleration"), without bothering to explain. The ones who care to know why could always reach me by PM.

MaX.

MaX I answered your questions, what more do you want ?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 22, 2014, 07:45:56 AM
None taken.

MaX.

you shouldnt stop MaX! you are extremely helpful on this forum!

i appriciate your efforts anyway.

as you know sometimes easier to agree to dissagree  ;)