• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:39:10 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

WHY ?

Started by guigui404, July 29, 2014, 12:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

July 29, 2014, 07:57:25 PM #15 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:18:04 PM by girlracerTracey
Only one reason for me.  Beta 5b.

Whilst I see some great potential and many advantages in beta 5b I am struggling to raise much enthusiasm for it if I am honest. To put a great deal of practice and effort into beta 5b to adjust to it and learn the physics model seems a bit illogical to me personally if PiBoSo is working hard to rectify the problems and publish a remedy with a beta 6 release.

I intend to use a work-around in adjusting the bike set-up parameters to make it more rideable as others are doing. I will give that a go. But tbh I feel as though I may be just treading water with this a bit in reality.

By contrast with beta 4b I couldn't keep off it. I was completely addicted.

Just being honest. No offence to those who love beta 5b intended.

Hot weather doesn't make any difference to me at all if I'm honest. Apart from holidays away.

Best to all, "Midge"

HornetMaX

I'd tend to agree with Stout and Hawk, but one thing is bugging me: if it is true that the annoying behaviors we are seeing (excessive wheeling, low speed wobble, high speed weave, maybe even the easy to lose front) are due to wrong/excessive rider weight movement (to the rear), then fixing this sounds like a 5min job. OK, plus the time to build the beta and all the side chores, plus the usual overhead for unforeseen stuff and so on. Half-a-day job ? One day job ?

I mean, beta5 without the above mentioned issues sounds like pretty good (at least physics-wise) ...

MaX.

BOBR6 84

I gotta say im actually enjoying beta5b! Especially the 500's.. Bike feels more alive to me..

Avoiding wobbles etc isnt too hard.. Just have to back off a little bit and be really smooth.
It does catch you out sometimes but in general I dont think its as bad as people make out..

Anyway beta5b deffinately has some improvements! If u keep playing u will see them.. And how does anybody expect to give feedback when they dont even play?

Doing lots of laps and playing around with setups has tought me loads on 5b! When beta6 comes beta5b will be fresh in my mind to compare..

guigui404

Quote from: Abigor on July 29, 2014, 07:10:21 PM
Beta 5  :(
same as u and daniel_F i don't know why but 0 joy when play beta5 .. :-( , keraz think same as us

Ian

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 29, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
I gotta say im actually enjoying beta5b! Especially the 500's.. Bike feels more alive to me..

Avoiding wobbles etc isnt too hard.. Just have to back off a little bit and be really smooth.
It does catch you out sometimes but in general I dont think its as bad as people make out..

Anyway beta5b deffinately has some improvements! If u keep playing u will see them.. And how does anybody expect to give feedback when they dont even play?

Doing lots of laps and playing around with setups has tought me loads on 5b! When beta6 comes beta5b will be fresh in my mind to compare..
Have to agree I have gone faster on this beta the 125 & 500 are great fun they  turn so much better and more stable on the brakes.
I started back with the 125 and found a good setup and now moved to the 500.(not tried 900)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 29, 2014, 08:36:07 PM
I'd tend to agree with Stout and Hawk, but one thing is bugging me: if it is true that the annoying behaviors we are seeing (excessive wheeling, low speed wobble, high speed weave, maybe even the easy to lose front) are due to wrong/excessive rider weight movement (to the rear), then fixing this sounds like a 5min job. OK, plus the time to build the beta and all the side chores, plus the usual overhead for unforeseen stuff and so on. Half-a-day job ? One day job ?

I mean, beta5 without the above mentioned issues sounds like pretty good (at least physics-wise) ...

MaX.

Agreed Max.

I too often wonder why Piboso has to leave us waiting months for another beta before sorting out known bugs/problems that I too don't think shouldn't take too long to solve. Like you said, to put the rider weight position problem right(which I believe from what Piboso stated is one of the major problems with Beta 5/b) shouldn't take that long? Why cannot Piboso release patch updates as and when he fixes problems instead of thinking he has to make a major beta release to satisfy us all? I for one would be very happy for regular patch/hotfix updates rather than to have to wait for months for the next beta. I think this would also give us all more incentive and particularly a much greater sense of progression towards GPB V1.0.  :)

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

July 29, 2014, 11:03:25 PM #21 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:13:42 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 29, 2014, 10:17:05 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 29, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

MaX.

Agreed Max.

I too often wonder why Piboso has to leave us waiting months for another beta before sorting out known bugs/problems that I too don't think shouldn't take too long to solve. Like you said, to put the rider weight position problem right(which I believe from what Piboso stated is one of the major problems with Beta 5/b) shouldn't take that long? Why cannot Piboso release patch updates as and when he fixes problems instead of thinking he has to make a major beta release to satisfy us all? I for one would be very happy for regular patch/hotfix updates rather than to have to wait for months for the next beta. I think this would also give us all more incentive and particularly a much greater sense of progression towards GPB V1.0.  :)

Hawk.

Seems perfectly logical on the face of it to me. Just patch it.

(Based upon such a proposition being feasible.)

If there is a reason why this is not possible in this instance then fair enough. I do not think anyone would have a problem if this was the case. But yes a patch to improve the wobbles and wheelies would be most welcome I think.

grT  ;)

BOBR6 84

+1

Yes a patch! Im happy with the beta although im sure it will move on anyway..  a patch would be great!

JamoZ

PeterV

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 29, 2014, 08:56:15 PM

I agree with you 100%
wobbles and weaves could be toned down a tat though ;D

girlracerTracey

Quote from: JamoZ on July 29, 2014, 11:21:53 PM
CORE.EXE

Hope you don't mind me asking as a "newbie" but what's a core.exe Jamoz?

grT  ;)

janaucarre

That's the error most viewed in gpbikes:)

JamoZ

girlracerTracey

That was a bit naughty of me Jamoz under the circumstances. Thank goodness you didn't take me seriously..!

Immediate priority, dare I say it, is beta 5b however.

grT   ;D

guigui404

Quote from: JamoZ on July 29, 2014, 11:21:53 PM
CORE.EXE

All ur gif make better cense than a long explaination  , i like that :p