• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:31:43 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

WHY ?

Started by guigui404, July 29, 2014, 12:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 02, 2014, 01:04:17 PM
@Hawk: Bozo is suggesting that one could connect to a server even if he doesn't have all the bikes necessary to join the server. If another player on the server has a bike Bozo hasn't got, Bozo would see him on a "default" (or "ghost") bike.

I already suggested this a long ago: it still makes sense to me, I don't know exactly how feasible it is.

Doing this will solve a lot of mismatch issues (not all, the bike Bozo is using must still match exactly the one on the server) and will avoid having to sync a lot of bikes (you'd only need to sync your one).

MaX.

Oh... I obviously misunderstood.  :)

But yeah, if it would be possible to allow the server to generate a ghost bike, or even better, a server defined default bike that would be good,  so that if someone connects with a RG500 which the server doesn't have installed then the server will just replace that with a varase 500 default bike to show for others who are connected at the same time? I think this is the sort of work-around you are suggesting?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 02, 2014, 04:46:55 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 02, 2014, 01:04:17 PM
@Hawk: Bozo is suggesting that one could connect to a server even if he doesn't have all the bikes necessary to join the server. If another player on the server has a bike Bozo hasn't got, Bozo would see him on a "default" (or "ghost") bike.

I already suggested this a long ago: it still makes sense to me, I don't know exactly how feasible it is.

Doing this will solve a lot of mismatch issues (not all, the bike Bozo is using must still match exactly the one on the server) and will avoid having to sync a lot of bikes (you'd only need to sync your one).

MaX.

Oh... I obviously misunderstood.  :)

But yeah, if it would be possible to allow the server to generate a ghost bike, or even better, a server defined default bike that would be good,  so that if someone connects with a RG500 which the server doesn't have installed then the server will just replace that with a varase 500 default bike to show for others who are connected at the same time? I think this is the sort of work-around you are suggesting?

Hawk.

No, not excatly.

Let's say the server has installed bikes A, B and C.

Today, if you want to connect you must have bikes A, B and C installed locally: if you miss bike C you can't connect, even if you'd like to use only bike A or B. The rationale behind this behaviour is: let's imagine the server allows you to connect with bike A, even if you don't have bikes B and C installed locally. Now let's imagine another player joins the server, using bike B. Yourself you don't have bike B installed locally, so there's a problem.

The suggestion is, in the situation described, to still allow you to connect having only bike A installed locally, but if somebody connects to the server (or is already connected when you join) using bike B or C, you will see him/her with a ghost/default bike (as you don't have his bike locally).

You should never be allowed to join a server with a bike the server does not have installed (makes no sense), but the suggestion does not imply that.

MaX.

Braap570

But i got the new bike mod and the tracks from track dl... and i get in some servers e.g. GP Bikes Italia stk 1000 training server monza a data missmatch.... idk why :/

Hawk

Quote from: Braap570 on January 13, 2015, 08:56:29 AM
But i got the new bike mod and the tracks from track dl... and i get in some servers e.g. GP Bikes Italia stk 1000 training server monza a data missmatch.... idk why :/

The STK1000 italia server has updated to the latest STK1000 Bike-set before the bike mod update dates of the 1st and 15th of each month. Therefore if you wish to connect to the GPB italia STK1000 server you will have to download the latest STK1000 bike-set update from the GPB italia website.

Basically the problem you are having is that you currently have the STK1000 V0.95 Bike-set installed and you need the latest STK1000 V0.96 version to be able to connect to the GPB Italia STK1000 server.

Hope this helps.

Hawk.

PS: If you do update before the GPB Bike MOD update dates of 1st and 15th of each month then you will not be able to connect to most other servers that stick to the GPB Bike MOD update dates. Just that some server admins would rather have the latest versions as they are released rather than wait a few days for the new GPB Bike MOD version to be released. The choice is yours to make. :)

Braap570

thank you for the quick response hawk! :)