• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:15:22 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike sounds

Started by Kerazo, July 31, 2014, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerazo

hey all,
i dont know if this has been mentioned before but is there a way to change the volume of the bikes? because if I ride the m1 online and a other bike is arround i can't hear my bike.

Hawk

Quote from: kerazxo on July 31, 2014, 08:38:54 PM
hey all,
i dont know if this has been mentioned before but is there a way to change the volume of the bikes? because if I ride the m1 online and a other bike is arround i can't hear my bike.

It's a well known issue. I've called it engine sound drown-out in the past. Although this issue seems worst when riding the 500cc bikes than the 4 strokes, with the exception of a couple of 4 Stroke Bike MODS that have been given super loud engine sounds.
Some of us keep bringing this issue up now and again, but so far nothing has been done about it..... Not even sure if Piboso intends to either? I mean surely it wouldn't take a big effort to add an ambient engine sound volume slider to solve this issue?

I personally would like to see Piboso to post his own do list for GPBikes so we know what he intends to fix so that the community isn't always bringing up known issues time and again.  Piboso must have his own to-do list, so why not post it so we all know what's either currently being worked on and things that will be worked on/fixed? :)

Hawk.

-aGy-

when you make handful of games at the same time this is how it works.. you can lower the sound volume by tweaking the engine.scl file at bikes/xxx folder

Hawk

Quote from: -aGy- on August 01, 2014, 04:42:11 AM
when you make handful of games at the same time this is how it works.. you can lower the sound volume by tweaking the engine.scl file at bikes/xxx folder

Hi -aGy-

That's all well and good as a painful work-around for different bikes, except when you ride close to another competitor riding the same bike as yourself it will still drown out your own engine noise surely? I'm not sure your fully understanding the problem?

Hawk.