• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Front End Wobble/Fold 5b

Started by hygroovy, August 05, 2014, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hygroovy

Hi Guys,

I've seen the fact the the front end on pretty much all the bikes has a tendency to wobble on 5b, mentioned on lots of threads. But the only solution I've seen (and it does kind of work) seems to be setting all the suspension settings to minimum.

Is there any other generally accepted solution to this? Is it a known problem being resolved by PiBoSo? Do the bike/track models need to be updated to take this into account?

The strange thing for me is when the front folds on corner exit when applying throttle. Obviously, the front of a bike folding is a real thing, but surely it should be happening when overloading the front tyre on corner entry, not on positive throttle corner exit (when the weight is shifting to the rear)? I've been trying to look for videos of the front folding in real life, and this was the best I could come up with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89v6Wj82lQ

The first 2 crashes are both front folds. The very first one, despite being nose-cam, illustrates it well because you can hear the rider isn't even on the throttle when it happens! If anyone can find a vid of someone losing the front on corner exit, I'd like to see it!

If I've missed a thread discussing this (and its quite possible!), just let me know and I'll take it down.

WALKEN

You may want to check out this thread-   http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1338.0

The KTM mod is showing reports of nullifying the wobble you speak of? Try it out...
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: hygroovy on August 05, 2014, 05:21:44 PM
Hi Guys,

I've seen the fact the the front end on pretty much all the bikes has a tendency to wobble on 5b, mentioned on lots of threads. But the only solution I've seen (and it does kind of work) seems to be setting all the suspension settings to minimum.

Is there any other generally accepted solution to this?
Yes, wait for beta6. Issues are being worked on as far as I know.

MaX.

FastFreddy

Hi Guys,

Is there any other generally accepted solution to this? Is it a known problem being resolved by PiBoSo? Do the bike/track models need to be updated to take this into account?

The strange thing for me is when the front folds on corner exit when applying throttle. Obviously, the front of a bike folding is a real thing, but surely it should be happening when overloading the front tyre on corner entry, not on positive throttle corner exit (when the weight is shifting to the rear)? I've been trying to look for videos of the front folding in real life, and this was the best I could come up with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89v6Wj82lQ

The first 2 crashes are both front folds. The very first one, despite being nose-cam, illustrates it well because you can hear the rider isn't even on the throttle when it happens! If anyone can find a vid of someone losing the front on corner exit, I'd like to see it!

If I've missed a thread discussing this (and its quite possible!), just let me know and I'll take it down.

to get an idea of the true physic of gpbikes wait the beta 6 , i think will be perfect!!

camillozockt

Hi Guys,

Rodney007 have developed some physics changes that you may like. Just updated so please give your feedbacks.