• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Logitec F310 vs. Speedlink Xeox

Started by BozoCRO, August 08, 2014, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BozoCRO

Anyone using either of these?
I'am looking for a replacement for Speedlink strike which I'am not happy with

HornetMaX

F310 is good, as good as an Xbox 360 pad.

The new Xbox One pad is arguably a bit better (I prefer it over the xbox 360 pad, I have both) but it's a bit more expensive.

No idea about the Speedlink: unless it is significantly cheaper than the others, I'd stick to the known ones.

MaX.

BozoCRO

Speedlink is about the same price, but it's wireless and its shaped like the Xbox controller.
My concern with it is the axes sensitivity. My current gamepad, Strike, has a really small band of use. Moving the controller in any direction about 50% gives 100% input.

Reviews of F310 warn about a big deadzone
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/Gamepad-F310-Dead-Zone-on-Analog-Sticks/td-p/549054/page/7 

Xbox 360 controller is out of my budget

Furious

I have Speed link Xeox and Logitech Chill Stream. The Logitech is on the same lvl as F310. Xeox on the other side is not as accurate as needed in GP Bikes. I tried to Ride on xeox a couple of times, but I can honestly say that Logitech is much better. You cant see the difference in other games, but in GP Bikes, where precision is highly needed I would suggest avoiding it.

HornetMaX

I hate wireless stuff anyway, so I'd never buy a wireless controller. But if you're tight on budget you'd rather buy a good wired controller than a bad wireless one.

The deadzone on the F310 is not a big issue for GPB (the xbox 360 too is not very precise around its neutral point, it hasn;t got a deadzone but the stick is kinda loose when at neutral).

Also, take the reviews with a grain of salt ... some users do not even know what they are talking about.

If you like the xbox pad layout, buy a 360 pad (or an xbox one, better but more expensive).
If the PS-like layout is ok, the f310 is good ad cheap.

MaX.

BozoCRO

Furious thanks for the direct feedback. I was afraid of having the same problem as with the current gamepad. Turns out this is a "feature" on speedlink's gamepads.

I'll probably get the F310 as it's on a sale right now.

Thanks guys  8)

BOBR6 84

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 08, 2014, 08:53:37 PM
Quote from: BozoCRO on August 08, 2014, 05:51:04 PM

Xbox 360 controller is out of my budget

£10 ebay!!!  ;)
Hmm not so sure, it MUST be the original microsoft one, the clone/compatible ones are utter crap most of the time.

MaX.

rodney007