• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:46 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

VR Support

Started by PiBoSo, August 28, 2017, 12:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

August 28, 2017, 12:37:07 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:10:51 PM by PiBoSo
When installing GP Bikes a desktop shortcut named "GP Bikes - VR" should be created.
It launches GPB with the "-vr" command line switch, that enables VR support.

If both a Rift and a Vive are installed on the same PC, it's possible to force Oculus using the "-vro" switch, and SteamVR using "-vrs".

In GP Bikes -> Settings -> Input3 it's possible to set the control to reset the VR camera tracking. The default key is F8. It resets the position and rotation of the user interface virtual screen, too.

It is possible to change the Oculus pixel density, creating a text file called oculus.ini in the GPB installation folder and adding the following lines:
[render]
pixel_density=1.5

By default, the rendering of both eyes is mirrored to the GPB window.
It is possible to change the mirroring setting creating a text file called oculus.ini or openvr.ini in the GPB installation folder and adding the following lines:
[mirror]
eye = 2
The possible values are:
-1: mirroring disabled
0: left eye
1: right eye
2: both eyes

On Oculus only, it is also possible to add, under the "mirror" section
post = 1
to show the barrel distorted render in the desktop window.

For SteamVR only, it is possible to add to the openvr.ini file
[ipd]
scale = 0.9
to modify the IPD, changing the world scale.

Note: If the Windows Taskbar overlaps the GPB window preventing the cursor from reaching the bottom of the user interface, please try right clicking on the shortcut icon and, in the Properties, selecting Run Maximized.

Known Bugs
- HTC Vive ( SteamVR ): transparent asphalt in the user interface
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

WolfMcloud

I can't get Oculus Rift to run on beta 12.... What settings do I need to activate in GP Bikes?

Is there a guide?

teeds

Nothing to change in game settings, just make a VR shortcut as per the instructions  above.

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on September 03, 2017, 10:32:34 AM
Nothing to change in game settings, just make a VR shortcut as per the instructions  above.

There should already be a VR shortcut automatically created on the desktop and in the Windows start menu.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 03, 2017, 01:58:28 PM
Quote from: teeds on September 03, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

There should already be a VR shortcut automatically created on the desktop and in the Windows start menu.

Good to know, didn't see this as I stop the installer making any new shortcuts.

WolfMcloud

Okay. So the problem was not having net 3.5 installed after a clean windows installation.  All good now. Thanks

WolfMcloud

1 lap in and ABSOLUTELY WORLD CLASS!

Well done Piboso (",)

PiBoSo

First post updated with info about the Oculus pixel density.

bitman85

Hi Friends, i'm new in the forum, and i have a question , GP Bikes is compatible with oculus rift dk1? or dk2

teeds

Quote from: bitman85 on January 29, 2018, 12:38:36 PM
Hi Friends, i'm new in the forum, and i have a question , GP Bikes is compatible with oculus rift dk1? or dk2

Used to be, but don't think so anymore.

cyborg chip

hi friend.

I use samsung odyssey (windows mixed reality).

wich name of ini file for pixel density?

many thanks