• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:50 AM

Honda RC213V sound mod

Started by Stout Johnson, August 12, 2014, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Honda RC213V sound by:

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Download

Installation:

Just simply extract all the files of the "engine_rc213v.rar" into your ".../gpbikes/bikes/RCV213" folder (all files are additional except the sfx.cfg - so you have to overwrite sfx.cfg) -- Done, simple as that!

(in case you do not like the sound mod, just simply copy the old sfx.cfg or edit the sfx.cfg with notepad; just simply change "scl = engine_rc213v.scl" to "scl = engine.scl"; Save it, done.)

Credits:
- A big thanks to Warlock for giving advice and help wherever he could.
- Thanks to all testers and critics (Warlock, JamoZ, PeterV, Kerazo, Desteban,...)

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

janaucarre

Thanks but i can't download it.
That's strange because usually i can download from dropbox, there it ask me to create an account.
I hope it's not my fault if not shame on me.

PeterV

Works fine for me, Thx Stout.

matty0l215

Working fine for me too

Nice work    :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

janaucarre

Please, can someone upload it on another media?
THX.

Vini

It's definitely an improvement but in my opinion at high rpms there is still to much of this ÖÖÖÖÖÖAAAÖÖÖÖÖAAAAÖÖÖÖ sound.
At medium rpm this is very accurate but at high rpms it's almost just one high pitched tone in reality.

rodney007

Stout Johnson

Quote from: janaucarre on August 12, 2014, 09:14:21 PM
Thanks but i can't download it.
That's strange because usually i can download from dropbox, there it ask me to create an account.
I hope it's not my fault if not shame on me.

Hey Janau, does it work now for you? For me it works, for everybody else also it seems. Maybe try a different web browser? If it does not work out for you, I will try to upload it elsewhere when I get home tonight.

janaucarre

Hello,
i can finally dowload it from my laptop with a 10 months old firefox, i don't know why on my first pc with all update installed and a newer firefox i can't???

Vini

Quote from: rodney007 on August 13, 2014, 06:18:28 AM
Quote from: vin97 on August 12, 2014, 10:41:50 PM
ÖÖÖÖÖÖAAAÖÖÖÖÖAAAAÖÖÖÖ

;D
It's true though :D

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/v/SjwnB0t0kjc

At low and medium rpm it's that ÖÖÖÖÖÖ sound and at high rpm (in the power band) it's just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII in german).

Stout Johnson

August 13, 2014, 05:43:48 PM #10 Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:45:19 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: vin97 on August 12, 2014, 10:41:50 PM
At low and medium rpm it's that ÖÖÖÖÖÖ sound and at high rpm (in the power band) it's just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII in german).

Well thank you for the feedback. I had this discussion also with others.... the thing is: what you hear in these onboard videos is NOT how the engine sounds irl. In order to get decent sounds at 300+km/h you have to have it highly-filtered in order to eliminate wind-noises. Also the sound depends on where the mic sits etc etc.... so no one of us really knows how it really sounds ;) The reason I did the sound as it is now, that I also wanted to make the engine sound good onboard as well as offboard (track cam). I also have a different version of the sound - pm me if you wanna try it out ;)

JJS209

just take a high quality flyby. i will never forget the sound that i heard in assen '13.. just amazing in real life

Stout Johnson

Quote from: JJS209 on August 13, 2014, 06:25:54 PM
just take a high quality flyby. i will never forget the sound that i heard in assen '13.. just amazing in real life

y true... I was there on Sachsenring a couple of weeks ago. Thats why I think the sound mod isn't that bad ;)

HornetMaX

Cheezus, you do hear a lot of TC in the video above !

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 13, 2014, 07:25:49 PM
Cheezus, you do hear a lot of TC in the video above !

MaX.

y true.... for the Hondas it is very noticeable.