• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Skeet skeet Brno 1000cc race II.

Started by Stout Johnson, August 20, 2014, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

While putting the replay of the race together, I noticed that PeterV and matty, you were both shown the white flag, while the first riders had already crossed the finish line and were shown the checkered flag.  ??? This is a bug right? When you have been lapped by the first riders and the first riders have already been shown the checkered flag, it should also be shown to you. You would end up doing 1lap less, but that is how it is irl.... For some reason you were still racing around the track for your final lap when the first riders were already doing their fan-greetings and wheelie show-offs  ???

That is a bug, am I right?!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

matty0l215

I got shown the white flag twice, once on the penultimate lap and end of last lap
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Stout Johnson

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 26, 2014, 12:39:20 PM
I got shown the white flag twice, once on the penultimate lap and end of last lap

so it was a bug right?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 26, 2014, 12:50:14 PM

so it was a bug right?
This happens when the server forgets to count what should have been your last lap: you see the white flag but when you cross the line the server misses it, so at the end of the turn, he still thinks you're on the same lap and it shows you the white flag again.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 26, 2014, 12:50:14 PM

so it was a bug right?
This happens when the server forgets to count what should have been your last lap: you see the white flag but when you cross the line the server misses it, so at the end of the turn, he still thinks you're on the same lap and it shows you the white flag again.

MaX.
Thanks for helping out here MaX! As my quick search did not come up with anything, I assume this needs to be added to the bugs section then.

HornetMaX

The fact the online server miscounts laps has been reported multiple times.
It happened in essentially all the races in the italian championship (8-10 races if I recall correctly).

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 26, 2014, 01:22:07 PM
It happened in essentially all the races in the italian championship (8-10 races if I recall correctly).

MaX.
Yeah, heard of that. But that doesn't necessarily mean it has been brought up to the dev's attention and it will be adressed... If it already is in the bug's section it is ok, but I didn't find the thread. Maybe I had the wrong search phrase?

Edit: found it http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1065.0

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 26, 2014, 01:31:25 PM

MaX.
Yeah, heard of that. But that doesn't necessarily mean it has been brought up to the dev's attention and it will be adressed... If it already is in the bug's section it is ok, but I didn't find the thread. Maybe I had the wrong search phrase?

Edit: found it http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1065.0

Trust me, it has been reported to him, even more that what is visible here.

But as we haven't had any feedback on that, maybe a new post is not a bad idea.

MaX.

Alby46

MaX.
that's why i was wheeling in the last lap at silverstone, fortunately i arrived 2°
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

LOOPATELI

thats what also happened in the 1st race, but i think is some tracks bug because in some other tracks it's never happened

Napalm Nick

Final lap flags

Hopefully its Ok to bump this thread with some picture examples/proof for clarity following the Silverstone race. It caught me out at Brno too where I crashed into a leader already doing a burn-out celebration.   :-[

Jose lapped me and took the chequered flag. I cross line 15 seconds behind him a little way back to get the White Flag (last lap) so round I go again getting the chequered flag on the next lap. My race should of ended on the same lap as Jose and recorded as one lap down.  Note the Time on the pics

Leader crosses: chequered flag

I cross a little time behind - White flag - should also be chequered

Like I say added for clarity to the discussed "bug".   And yes I know, not getting lapped is the key ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"