• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:07:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Oh and the box trailer is in need of some very minor modification (raise the top, chop whole in front to allow for front wheel, relocate spare wheel, fix busted lock etc etc :P)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Lol what did you buy? A shoe box? Haha

Im looking for one.. They aint cheap are they lol

matty0l215

50mm to short both up and legnth... didnt allow for the front wheel grab, and we're adding a box on the front to hold the front wheel grab and just raising the lid enough. It was worth it though. 400 for a trailer thats probably worth 600 so im not complaining  ;D

BOBR6 84

Bargain! I need one big enough for 2 bikes and kit.. Some are a crazy price.. Its just an empty box on wheels ffs lol

teeds

January 20, 2015, 10:17:17 AM #94 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:19:32 PM by teeds
Quote from: matty0l215 on January 19, 2015, 03:22:28 PM
Local track eh.
Snetterton is only 40 minutes away for me and I'm going there in April for my first day on the SV :D

Aye, used to live a short push bike ride from the track but now am probably about the same as you away in a car from the Thetford direction. Is this your 1st track day as well  your 1st go on this bike then matty?

EdouardB

January 20, 2015, 04:14:29 PM #95 Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:18:44 PM by EdouardB
Hey matty, for my trailer I use a system that blocks the front wheel and keeps the bike upright. I can load and unload it from the trailer very easily on my own without the bike risking a fall, and I can tie it without having to worry about the bike falling, it's really practical.

I'm not sure we're allowed to put commercial links on the forum but feel free to contact me if you need any info, it's very very practical when you do everything on your own.

I only have a crappy pic of my setup (in grandma's garage LOL) but the system is in my middle rail.

Here's what it does to the bike:

I'm only saying this because at 50% of the trackdays I see a bike falling over when the guy is tired at the end of the day and struggling to tie it.

matty0l215

Thanks Edouard

I've got a front wheel grab (well 3 now, my two and dads got one to :P ) Couldn't be without one now, so bloody easy!

We've converted/built a few trailers before (both me and my dad can weld, have got all the tools needed and have loads of materials)

Shouldn't be an issue :P Only thing is that the trailer, when fully loaded, can't weight more than 750kg (bloody DVLA basterds) otherwise I'm not allowed to tow the trailer :(

;D

EdouardB

January 21, 2015, 11:06:06 AM #97 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:09:01 AM by EdouardB
The 750kg limit should be OK with 2 bikes and a bit of equipment.

What's stupid though is that you can still fill your car with heavy stuff no problem but the trailer can't be heavy.

My trailer is 500kg max because I have a small car. I could have a 750kg but then I'd need (legaly) need brakes on the trailer. With 1 bike I'm around 350kg right now so I'm really ok, I have to add a box in the front part to put my jerricans in because I don't really like having all the fuel in my car at the moment... :P

By the way if you have any tips to share feel free to do so, now's the time :P

Here's a tip with the front wheel grab: I put an old cloth on it before loading the bike to remove the front tire more easily after (it can be really sticky if you load the bike while the tires are still hot). It works really good, I used to struggle to pull my tire out of it...

matty0l215

HA! Just been doing some work on the trailer, fits the length perfectly with a wheel grab on the front! (a nat wouldn't get his cock in the gap :P)

Just got to raise the top now....

That's a good idea about the tyres and keeping the petrol separate, I remember when me and my dad used to run a kart the smell of petrol in the car is horrible.

And Teeds, it'll be my second trackday (did one on my Daytona back in august at Folmebray) but it'll be my on this bike. Im north of Norwich so Snetterton is my closest track by far :)

EdouardB

Nice! Folembray was kind of my hometrack for a while. It's a fun little track! I have to go back there one day :) The owners are really nice too and riding there was pretty cheap.

matty0l215

January 21, 2015, 05:26:14 PM #100 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:28:41 PM by matty0l215
£305 for 1 person to get ferry to and from France, stay at a hotel (very nice in fact) and use of the track for the day.

I've got a video up on the forum of me going round from the afternoon session, not very quick, but i was a little nervous :P

Edit- Found it :P http://www.youtube.com/v/IqJTUWQ4atA&feature=youtu.be

EdouardB

January 22, 2015, 12:09:05 PM #101 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:10:53 PM by EdouardB
Nice video and your lap time is ok for a first time on a track!

Here's an old video of me riding the track in 2011 - I've made progress since (I was lapping in 1'00'', lap record is around 0'52''). Looking at the video I'm thinking of so many things I could have done better lol. I have to go back there because I'm curious to know what my time would be now (looking at my times at other tracks I'm thinking 57/58s? but maybe I'm just dreaming :()

http://www.youtube.com/v/P07sWjXSTIM

matty0l215

from the video i think my fastest was about 1.07 (i've got videos from the rest of the afternoon, just have bothered to upload them) and i was fairly consistent, but i wasn't looking for a lap time really, just enjoying myself :D

I think the fastest person/people on the day was the event organizers at about 55s, but one of them only had one arm (you can see him in the video) and both on Yam R1....

EdouardB

Yeah I'm not surprised you went down to 1.07 at the end of the day, this track is quite easy to learn :)
To be honest I think 52/53 is achievable on a 600. I have a friend who lapped in 54.5 with a yamaha R6 so I think with a really really good rider 52 is doable, the track is quite small, it's not a big advantage to be on a 1000.

EdouardB

The lap record is Moto2 GP racer Xavier Simeon setting a 51''8 on a 1000.