• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Paint question, first paint!

Started by Shoop46, August 28, 2014, 12:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoop46

hello,
i am trying to make my first paint and just had a quick question.
so i am creating a paint for the YZR-M1. i have the template, i have photoshop. so after i complete the templates, how do i go about putting them together to make the bike paint file to add to the game? ive looked around at a few forum posts but was not able to find anything, if someone could point me in the right direction?
thanks!

HornetMaX

@all the painters out here: cheezus guys, the fact that after all that time and a bazillion skins made we still don't have a clear tutorial on how to put a skin in GPB is just a shame.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

August 28, 2014, 08:25:54 AM #2 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:28:21 AM by Stout Johnson
I guess the reason is, that it isn't all that hard. We all found out ourselves more or less. ;)

Here is a short description:
1) Save your paint as .tga file(s)
2) put all your paint files in one folder (most commonly bike.tga, helmet.tga, suit.tga, visor.tga, visor#2.tga)*
3) open painted (http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads)
  3.1 click "Dir read" --> open directory of your .tga files
  3.2 enter a name** for your skin in the name field on the bottom
  3.3 click on "pack", enter name.pnt again and select a destination to save
4) pretty much done; copy the your skin name.pnt into the ...\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\[specific bike]\paints***

* - there are more files possible for other paintable bikeparts (e.g. windscreen)
** - ensure that the name entered in 3.2 and 3.3 are the same - otherwise skin won't work right in-game; a good name convention is to name it: [bike - rider #number.pnt] e.g. Suzuki GSVR - Karkass #99.pnt
*** - [specific bike] has to be the bike the paint is made for; skins are bike-specific
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 28, 2014, 06:58:41 AM
@all the painters out here: cheezus guys, the fact that after all that time and a bazillion skins made we still don't have a clear tutorial on how to put a skin in GPB is just a shame.

MaX.

Umm check the paint section...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 28, 2014, 07:09:28 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 28, 2014, 06:58:41 AM

MaX.

Umm check the paint section...
Doh, didn't notice it ! My fault.

You should "polish" it a bit to make it more readable (smaller images, maybe less images, number the different steps, etc).
Once "finished", ask a moderator to pin it and to lock it, so that it will always be visible.

MaX.

matty0l215

I did aak people for suggeations  :) i'll look into it when im home
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 29, 2014, 05:36:27 AM
I did aak people for suggeations  :) i'll look into it when im home

Thanks matty !

MaX.

Shoop46

another paint question. rookie question.. :-[
hello again all, i have finished my paint for the M1... i hope...
soo i created my m1 design on the "white_template" layer. then after i was done tweaking and all, looks good in game.. so i go to put the "shadows" layer on top of everything to call it a day and the shadow layer has a white paint on it, so it just turns my bike white in game...
what am i doing wrong? and/or what do i do with the shadows layer?

karkass

PeterV

Shadow needs to be on top, set it to multiply (depends on the color beeing dark or light), think its better if the color of the shadow would be black or gray color.
If its to strong play with the opacity and fill % of the layer.