• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike mod revived auto sync

Started by Alibaskins, August 31, 2014, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: Alibaskins on October 29, 2015, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 29, 2015, 11:15:01 AM
This is why I don't trust sync programmes and never will.... Yes I know they can be configured, but one mistake can cost you a whole lot of pain and aggravation, even the lose of important data. Personally that is why I stick to only manually downloading tracks, bikes, and paints; and let's face it, it's not a big job to manually download and install this stuff.  :P ;D

When you start getting lazy you start making mistakes.  :P

Hawk.

This sync is not for advanced users. Just for simple users like me (i don't make skins, bikes, tracks... I haven't time to know all new bikes, tracks...).
If you are able to add bikes and maintain all folders, it's very good for you. But i can't answer again and again at all new players how add bikes and help them when there are mistakes.
Since there is the auto sync, we haven't problem with new players ;-)

+1 This

It keeps ppeple for asking why bikes arnt working or they cant get onto a server.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Plus very useful for us running multiple servers  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Alibaskins on October 29, 2015, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 29, 2015, 11:15:01 AM
This is why I don't trust sync programmes and never will.... Yes I know they can be configured, but one mistake can cost you a whole lot of pain and aggravation, even the lose of important data. Personally that is why I stick to only manually downloading tracks, bikes, and paints; and let's face it, it's not a big job to manually download and install this stuff.  :P ;D

When you start getting lazy you start making mistakes.  :P

Hawk.

This sync is not for advanced users. Just for simple users like me (i don't make skins, bikes, tracks... I haven't time to know all new bikes, tracks...).
If you are able to add bikes and maintain all folders, it's very good for you. But i can't answer again and again at all new players how add bikes and help them when there are mistakes.
Since there is the auto sync, we haven't problem with new players ;-)

I'm not having a go at you Ali, or the sync update in general. Lol.  ;D
I'm just stating my position based on the fact that Bushmaster is having issues with sync update, and the reasons why I only update manually. Maybe he would benefit from doing the same? Up to him.  :)

Though I wouldn't say users need to be advanced users to be able to install bikes and tracks, it's simple enough like anything else if your willing to learn how to do it. It's not like having to learn to mod tracks or bikes, so it's certainly not rocket science.  :)

Anyway. No disrespect intended mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Easy way to avoid this kind of "problems": configure syncback to prompt you for *any* change.

Do you want to delete this folder/file ? Y/N
  Do you want to create this new folder/file ? Y/N

Well, one still has o understand the questions and reply properly, but that's another problem :)

MaX.

loinen

great work, it's much better than hunting for updates, then downloading\unpacking\installing them. thanks a lot!

Alibaskins

Why ? It's In an other directory ?

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

matty0l215

Quote from: Alibaskins on April 08, 2016, 06:29:42 PM
Why ? It's In an other directory ?
Yes, its under the misc folder not the bikes
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Alibaskins

Ok it's updated.
We have to add this file in syncback : http://www.motonline-france.com/public/Downloads/GP_Bikes/Motos/mod_bike_ftp_misc.sps
And you have to update this folder :)

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

daye

I have a littel problem

I use now the autosync... and the server has deleted the original bikes??????

No more 125 or other from piboso

Napalm Nick

If you extracted and then deleted Bikes.pkz then AutoSync is set to MIRROR its files so (as there are no Extracted bikes in the Autosync BIKES folder) it will remove them.

You can either change the default settings from MIRROR to only SYNC files that exist, or you can get a new Bikes.PKZ and leave it compressed (recommended). Easiest way to do that is an OVER-THE -TOP Install.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

As long as you still have bikes.pkz, you have the default bikes (but not the paints).

I'd advise to configure syncback to "always prompt me", so that you can decide what to do (instead of automagically copy and/or delete) files.

Become dust

can anyone tell me why none of the "profiles" are functional?

Alibaskins

Hi all,

A new file is needed to synchronise tyres.
You have to add this file in your synckback : 
- http://www.motonline-france.com/public/Downloads/GP_Bikes/Motos/mod_bike_ftp_tyres.sps

Ps : First topic is updated with this file

HornetMaX

Hmm kinda work, but it's a bit impractical.

I'd suggest to:

• In the FTP site have the same directorystructure as GPB (i.e. gpbikes folder containing bikes, misc and tyres sub-folders)
  • Have one single profile that syncs the entire gpbikes folder (actually, only the 3 subfolders)

HornetMaX

Note: we'd also need something for the misc folder (stands).
At the moment it is on the FTP server but it contains another misc folder (wityh all stands from beta11).