• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:24:06 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Data mismatches on online servers..

Started by Hawk, September 03, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

September 13, 2014, 09:31:10 AM #15 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:35:20 AM by dibu
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 13, 2014, 09:11:07 AM
Hi Dibu.

Does the original bikes "NOT unzipped" cause a data mismatch when the user has unzipped default bikes in the bikes folder? Because I have always had unzipped default bikes in my bikes folder and it doesn't give me any data mismatches on the Oldschool race servers.

Hawk.
I'm not sure but I knew that you do it ;). It shouldn't cause problems but I personally never do it. I create the necessary empty folders manually if I need them and leave the pkz files as they are. The files which you copy to the empty folders have priority over the ones in the pkz. That means you can do your changes without touching the original and in case of problems you can simply remove your folders for a test.

At the Oldschool servers only part of the MOD 2.05 is installed. If you want to test I can copy the complete MOD to the Oldschool server.
ATM I'm not sure what causes your problems.

Hawk

September 13, 2014, 10:17:07 AM #16 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:19:07 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 09:31:10 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 13, 2014, 09:11:07 AM
Hi Dibu.

Does the original bikes "NOT unzipped" cause a data mismatch when the user has unzipped default bikes in the bikes folder? Because I have always had unzipped default bikes in my bikes folder and it doesn't give me any data mismatches on the Oldschool race servers.

Hawk.
I'm not sure but I knew that you do it ;). It shouldn't cause problems but I personally never do it. I create the necessary empty folders manually if I need them and leave the pkz files as they are. The files which you copy to the empty folders have priority over the ones in the pkz. That means you can do your changes without touching the original and in case of problems you can simply remove your folders for a test.

At the Oldschool servers only part of the MOD 2.05 is installed. If you want to test I can copy the complete MOD to the Oldschool server.
ATM I'm not sure what causes your problems.

Hi Dibu.
Just tried with default bikes "NOT_unzipped" and just kept the default bike folders with the paint folder/files only in the bikes folders, but I'm still getting data mismatches on the motonline servers.
If it's not too much trouble then please do put the whole bike mod 2.05 on one of the old school servers for a temp test.... I'll report back here with my results.

Appreciate your help on this Dibu.  ;)

Hawk.

PS: Just thought I'd mention something that might be interesting..... Since not unzipping default bikes and when trying to connect with default bike, connection times have noticeably increased.

dibu

September 13, 2014, 10:29:50 AM #17 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:49:47 AM by dibu
Hi Hawk,

now the complete MOD is installed at the Oldschool servers. Please test.
Try also the two new open servers 'Oldschool testX for Hawk_UK'

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 10:29:50 AM
Hi Hawk,

now the complete MOD is installed at the Oldschool servers. Please test.
Try also the two new open servers 'Oldschool testX for Hawk_UK'

Hi Dibu..... Okay mate will do that now.

Thanks. ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Hi Dibu.

I'm getting "Data Mismatches" on Hawk_UK test servers 1 and 2, but I can connect okay with both Oldschool servers.

Hawk.

PS: Quite a long connection time to Old school Monzabike V3 server.

dibu

All four servers access the same bikes folder only difference is that the two new servers are 'open' like Ali's servers.

This means your GP1000, GP500 and GP250 bikes are ok. The problem must be in one of the other categories.

Please test now 'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (600/Chopper/GP1000/GP125/GP125 Cup/GP250)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (GP500/GP800/Scooter/STK1000/Supermoto)

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 11:22:20 AM
All four servers access the same bikes folder only difference is that the two new servers are 'open' like Ali's servers.

This means your GP1000, GP500 and GP250 bikes are ok. The problem must be in one of the other categories.

Please test now 'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (600/Chopper/GP1000/GP125/GP125 Cup/GP250)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (GP500/GP800/Scooter/STK1000/Supermoto)

Testing now.....  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Hi Dibu.

I'm getting a "Data Mismatch" on the Oldschool test 4 server, but I can connect okay to the Oldschool test 3 server.

Hawk.

dibu

Ok, next test.

'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (STK1000/Supermoto)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (GP800/Scooter)

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
Ok, next test.

'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (STK1000/Supermoto)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (GP800/Scooter)

Hi Dibu.

I can connect to: 'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (STK1000/Supermoto) okay, but I get a "Data Mismatch" when trying to connect to: 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (GP800/Scooter)

Hawk.

dibu

Ok, now the final test. I bet your scooters are the problem.  ;)

'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (GP800)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (Scooter)

Hawk

September 13, 2014, 12:00:40 PM #26 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:02:26 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 11:49:04 AM
Ok, now the final test. I bet your scooters are the problem.  ;)

'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (GP800)
and 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (Scooter)

Hi Dibu.

Connected to: 'Oldschool test3 for Hawk_UK' (GP800) okay.

Got a "Data Mismatch" when connecting to: 'Oldschool test4 for Hawk_UK' (Scooter).

I'll have to download that scooter file from MEGA and see if it fixes the problem, but looks like you are correct Dibu.  ;D 8)

I'll report back here and let you know what happens.  ;)

Hawk.

PS: I presume the "Vespa_vpi" is the only scooter mod out? Never use them myself. LOL  ;D

dibu

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 13, 2014, 12:00:40 PM
PS: I presume the "Vespa_vpi" is the only scooter mod out? Never use them myself. LOL  ;D

'Vespa_VPI' and 'piaggio_zip_sp'

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on September 13, 2014, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 13, 2014, 12:00:40 PM

'Vespa_VPI' and 'piaggio_zip_sp'

K... thanks. I'll replace both from the MEGA database.  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Hi Dibu.

You were SO correct!  ;D
It was the scooter that was the problem.... I can connect to all servers now.  ;D 8)

Thank you for all your help in sorting this problem out for me, and I'm sorry for causing you this extra work.  :-[

My apoligies go also to Ali(motonline), and thanks also for his help today.  ;)

Thanks Dibu.... Appreciated mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

PS: I think I know why I missed that out on my last Bike MOD update. I was in a rush trying to update just before the oldschool race was due to start so I just downloaded what I needed to connect to the server instead of downloading the whole updated bike mod zip file as I usually do. Silly me!  ::)  :-[ ::)
My future moto on this will be: "If in doubt, just download and install all bike mods again".  :)