• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:21:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Data mismatches on online servers..

Started by Hawk, September 03, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alibaskins

Nice ;-)

No problems about me. Thanks Dibu for tests.
Maybe have a look on FTP synck for auto update.
Klax, if you read that... Again the same problem with mega or dropbox update.

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

dibu

Nice to hear that it works now.  :)

@Peter - Oldschool servers are restored to the state before our tests.

Hawk

Quote from: Alibaskins on September 13, 2014, 12:45:15 PM
Nice ;-)

Hi Ali.

Thanks mate.  ;)

I can see the benefits of the FTP Sync in making sure all current Bike MOD version files are up to date, but personally I could never have peace of mind knowing that I have other important dev files in the same folder that if something went wrong could be wiped clean. So thanks, but I'll be sticking with the MEGA Bike MOD update..... I'll just have to be more careful in future.  :)

Hawk.

PeterV

nice that its sorted hawk but you still get the long connection time to Monza v3? i really have problems getting into the oldschool one...it waits and waits. sometimes just core.s on me like Jerez seems to do.

dibu

That's strange Peter. I just tested and for me it takes 13 seconds for connecting to empty 'Oldschool MOD 2.05 FUN' or 'Motonline-fr 2 | Mod 2.05' (both identical times).

Hawk

September 13, 2014, 02:04:33 PM #35 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:07:13 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: PeterV on September 13, 2014, 01:22:31 PM
nice that its sorted hawk but you still get the long connection time to Monza v3? i really have problems getting into the oldschool one...it waits and waits. sometimes just core.s on me like Jerez seems to do.

Hi Peter, thanks for that.  ;)

Yes. I still get a rather long connection time, probably twice as long a connection time to connect to Monzabike V3 than other current tracked servers(something I particularly noticed today). I didn't know if it was just something that was happening today, or whether it was due to changing from NOT_unzipping my default bikes(until today I always had my default bikes unzipped in my bikes folder)? But I've never had a core.exe while connecting to a server with this track.
Jerez seems to connect okay for me..... Maybe it's just something different for each user depending on quality of connection at the time?

Hawk.

PeterV

September 13, 2014, 03:28:53 PM #36 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:35:13 PM by PeterV
its oke now, deleted the 250 class from the server and now its fine.
I wait for next bikemod version to enable 250 class again.

I must admit i have been lazy as well to keep updated, only have/had 1000cc and 500cc installed.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Alibaskins on September 13, 2014, 12:45:15 PM
Nice ;-)

I have to agree with Ali: with his ftp server and SyncBack, you would have known immediately what was wrong.

I stress the fact that you can configure SyncBack to prompt you for any difference between your local files and the ftp files: this tells you exactly what's different and you can decide what to do (e.g. ignore or update).

I'm discussing with Ali one little issue he's facing at the moment (timestamp of files is screwed on the server), but once this detail is solved, his solution is clearly the best for both the players and the person in charge of maintaining the reference files (Klax or whoever).

Notice that if you really really don't want to use SyncBack (but honestly, I don't see why one wouldn't), you can still access the ftp with any ftp client (or even with a browser, but that's a bit clumsy).

MaX.