• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:23:22 AM

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

My 2 cents. To be honest, I don't care so much if a game is console or pc, or both. I also enjoy the occasional arcade racing game, as long as it's not trying to pretend it's a simulator - Road Rash is fun... :)

One problem with bike-games, no good hardware. While car sim-racers have a million of steering wheels (incl. pedals) to chose from - and even the cheep ones aren't total rubbish - bike racers have nothing. Thrustmaster Freestyler Bike wasn't exactly great a decade ago, and good luck finding one... and getting it to work. My logitech G27 racing wheel works great with my simbin-titles on pc, and with GT6 on my playstation 3 (minus the clutch), so consol gamers don't have to use the sticks if they don't want to. But the market isn't big enough for "real" bike games and therefore, the hardware manufacturers just don't see a point in developing something.

Another problem is simply that sim-games don't make enough money. I hate what Simbin done with raceroom experience by introducing micro transactions. Take one of their old titles, the number of tracks and cars that they included (without addons), and remember what you payed for that. Now purchase the same amount of tracks and cars on raceroom and see what that adds up to... big difference... not in a good way! And, raceroom didn't have multiplayer for ages, than they released DTM that didn't have pit-stops, and then they tried to merge the two... and so on... What happened? They used to be a great sim-racing-company. I loved GT Legends for example. Same with Codemasters, Toca2 was so much fun when it came out. But now... grid 2 and grid autosport... wtf... black interiors, no dials...

I hope that Project cars will be good, at least it looks like it can be. That's about the only car sim I'm looking forward to...   

And Milestone... the biggest problem is the companies total lack of respect for their customers. First they release a half-finished product, and then there's nothing but silence. They did it with Motogp 14, and they did it with MXGP (the changeble track surface -ie sand- is the only good thing with that game btw). And people were upset about EA...

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Shoop46

looks good.... wait.. milestone?  ??? maybe they should fix motogp 14 before moving on to another unfinished game. >:(. will not be purchasing.

matty0l215

Quote from: ShadowR6 on September 24, 2014, 11:08:52 PM
looks good.... wait.. milestone?  ??? maybe they should fix motogp 14 before moving on to another unfinished game. >:(. will not be purchasing.
HAHAHAHA!! Milsestone cares not for fixing games. Once its out the door its "finished". :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Lol this is true!

Ignorance is bliss.. Is milestones motto ;)

HornetMaX

The fix for motogp14 is ... motogp15. Which itself will need some fixes, surely coming with motogp16.

I'm sure someone is asking Dorna to have 2 motogp seasons in 1 year so that they can ship 2 games per year.
Or at least oblige the teams to completely change the liveries mid-season, so that they can sell an extra DLC.

Marketing people .... ::)

MaX.

girlracerTracey

September 25, 2014, 09:43:22 AM #35 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:15:21 AM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 25, 2014, 06:45:44 AM
The fix for motogp14 is ... motogp15. Which itself will need some fixes, surely coming with motogp16.

I'm sure someone is asking Dorna to have 2 motogp seasons in 1 year so that they can ship 2 games per year.
Or at least oblige the teams to completely change the liveries mid-season, so that they can sell an extra DLC.

Marketing people .... ::)

MaX.

lol! Yes that's all very true. In some ways motogp by Milestone is more of an ongoing beta than gpbikes..! And that's no exaggeration..

But the online environment is stable and highly usable. Physics notwithstanding it makes for a very good online racer. 40 minutes full distance races with no crashes or disconnections.? Easy peasy.  ;) At least on the consoles anyway..the p.c. version is an aberration!

By the way if you can stifle your laughter RIDE will definitely include the IOM TT track. Personally I will stick to the IOM TT "Highlights" course on gp500 which races pretty well online with somewhat more advanced physics than RIDE..I suspect.   ;D

grT

davidboda46

QuoteBy the way if you can stifle your laughter RIDE will definitely include the IOM TT track. Personally I will stick to the IOM TT "Highlights" course on gp500 which races pretty well online with somewhat more advanced physics than RIDE..I suspect.   ;D

Tracey, have you managed to get GP500 to recognize analog trigger buttons, or even the second stick, on gamepads. I'm using a wireless xbox360 (ps-version) and it's impossible to ride with the brake and acc+steering on the left stick. Tried Xpadder, x360ce and vJoy but can't seem to get it working properly. And where did you find the IOM TT-track?

Cheers
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

girlracerTracey

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 25, 2014, 10:29:12 AM

Tracey, have you managed to get GP500 to recognize analog trigger buttons, or even the second stick, on gamepads. I'm using a wireless xbox360 (ps-version) and it's impossible to ride with the brake and acc+steering on the left stick. Tried Xpadder, x360ce and vJoy but can't seem to get it working properly. And where did you find the IOM TT-track?

Cheers

I currently use a wired xbox 360 controller on gp500. I have a "workaround" for the triggers that works really well. There is also a solution using a PS3 controller and Motion in Joy which was supplied to me courtesy of WALK3N. But yes no worries I can help you quite easily in setting up the xbox 360 controller on gp500. I can also do the same for an xbox one controller. It's quite easy to do this tbh. But no you cannot use both sticks on gp500. The game will not recognise the right analogue stick..

Very easy also to download and install Jim Perason's converted "Highlights" TT track. The gp500 community has been racing online on this for years..

I am munching a sandwich now and have a busy afternoon. I will p.m. you tonight with full instructions.

grT 

davidboda46

QuoteI currently use a wired xbox 360 controller on gp500. I have a "workaround" for the triggers that works really well. There is also a solution using a PS3 controller and Motion in Joy which was supplied to me courtesy of WALK3N. But yes no worries I can help you quite easily in setting up the xbox 360 controller on gp500. I can also do the same for an xbox one controller. It's quite easy to do this tbh. But no you cannot use both sticks on gp500. The game will not recognise the right analogue stick..

Very easy also to download and install Jim Perason's converted "Highlights" TT track. The gp500 community has been racing online on this for years..

I am munching a sandwich now and have a busy afternoon. I will p.m. you tonight with full instructions.

grT 

Thanks. BTW, it's wireless xbox360 (PC-version), not  wireless xbox360 (ps-version) :)

/David

HornetMaX

Looks nice. Physic is, at the moment and unsurprisingly, crap.

MaX.

rc211v

WHY would you use the d-pad to turn?! Seriously, why do people who show off games not know how to play it?

Super Taranta !

How Milestone can be so unsuccesful like that... Physics are not bad, there is NO PHYSICS in this game !
SuperTaranta #83

Hawk

Like Max said: Looks nice. That's it.

As for the physics they look more like they belong in MotoGP. Lol

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys and gals (or at least grT)

I love this thread........... Its kinda what I've waited on.

All your comments are real interesting and bring to light the pros and cons of the motorcycle gaming/simulation world.

For the sake of typing which l hate, I will refer to the whole thing that is gaming, simulation, arcade motorcycle software as "Riding Sim" to make it easier. I am not an arcade player as such but love things like GTA4 and Test Drive Unlimited2, both with bike, both with cars and both on PC and consoles.

One major point is for those with a riding sim, there are no riding controllers!!! So all programmers, Piboso included, have only gamepads or steering wheels and joysticks to write the coding perimeters, these are naturally sooooooooo wrong for a bike controller. Piboso has however written his coding so that it truly works with generic controller input, or putting it clearly, his coding accepts pure analog input and reads it for what it is. This is true for both PC and console coding, its all about how many types of controller they allow to be read by the riding sim!!!

Okay so one point out of the way and back to The Ride...........It looks pretty, but l think thats all. It is nothing near GPB for riding experience and would bore most of us here as it will be too simple to ride. It wont even get near Tourist Trophy IMO, so another flop for Milestone and more money from the idiots that pay for it.

I am working on a few ideas and would love some input for them.

What would you think about a riding sim with Piboso's physics and mod ability, but with Slightly Mad Studios graphics and environment. Then make it an open world riding sim at the same time? Why not make it like Test Drive Unlimited 2 where you can ride and drive completely around 2 real islands. It wont be 2 islands though, it would be where you are riding for a racing team, be it you own fictional one or an SBK or MotoGP team. You can drive with your teams truck like in Euro Truck Simulator, drive a team car like from Project Cars or best of all, ride a street bike from one track to the other on road, or stop and ride on a MX bike on an MX track or in a real world environment and all with Piboso's bike physics and when you get to the track of choice, you can setup and ride and race a racing bike like GPB!!!............It is doable!!! All of these points have been done already but never together. You would be able to ride on open roads with traffic, add so pedestrians for feeling of real world and you can even implement  personal online road races from track to track. Open world could bring so much into play and all with real physics. Naturally its single and multi player. Night and Day, Sun or Rain???

Now play it with a real bike controller that all can afford as it is sold in modules  so you can start with a basic system and add to it with minimal cost and at your own budget size.

So what do you guys think?

The reason I ask is because l want to make something like this a reality. I have an appointment on Monday with NEA (New Enterprise Allowance) to get funds to start my new company for controllers and am also talking to Leo Bodnar about working together to make a truly marketable Bike controller for PC but eventually consoles too.

The other point is that Slightly Mad Studios is just across the river and I am looking into a meeting with them to discuss future projects.

I am 100% behind GPB for a pure bike sim in both GP and MX form. I am looking at what most of you write here and want to find out exactly what would give all of you the perfect riding sim?

Before everyone shoots me. When l say physics like Piboso, I mean I am hoping that there might be a way Piboso would work on a project like this. I doubt it as he is perfectly happy doing his own thing and he has really shown the world what real physics are, there is nobody better than Piboso. It would just make the bike game of the decade if it happened.

Well thats my 50 cents worth.

Keep it sunny side up!!!

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

November 11, 2014, 02:31:02 AM #44 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:12:23 AM by BOBR6 84
What I really want is a good quality version of the full TT circuit for gpbikes.. That would simply be mega!

RIDE videogame.. I think milestone have lost the plot.. I really enjoyed the SBK titles! They didnt look good graphicly but they were great racers online.

Their latest titles look alot better but everything else has turned into pure arcade for money making..