• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:40:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Need help braking

Started by Boerenlater, September 20, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

How do you brake? I fall over every time unless I start braking at 25% halfway at the straight, ie. extremely early.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on September 20, 2014, 05:08:41 PM
How do you brake? I fall over every time unless I start braking at 25% halfway at the straight, ie. extremely early.

What controller are you using? And also, have you got your brake control set on a button or a trigger?

But in my professional(Hehe) opinion, you start your braking hard, release a little and then progressively brake to control your pace into the corner.

I personally only use the front brakes, but I know a lot of guys also use the rear brake to pull the front end into line while going through the corner.  ;)

Hope this helps, but I'm sure some faster guys will be able to help you better on this.  ;)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 20, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

What controller are you using? And also, have you got your brake control set on a button or a trigger?

But in my professional(Hehe) opinion, you start your braking hard, release a little and then progressively brake to control your pace into the corner.

I personally only use the front brakes, but I know a lot of guys also use the rear brake to pull the front end into line while going through the corner.  ;)

Hope this helps, but I'm sure some faster guys will be able to help you better on this.  ;)

Hawk.
I use a wired 360 controller and I brake with the left trigger. What are the best settings ingame for braking? (deadzone, smooth etc).
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

iVolution

I use the xbox 360 controller and never touched the deadzones or smoothness, in case there is nothing wrong with your controller you should not need to change this.

First of all, there is some subjectivity in "extremely early" braking, do you compare this to other games, other riders or real life?

I always start with setting the front leverage braking to 20mm to get more feeling in it. Try to apply full braking power (when not in an angle of course) as quick as possible but with a smooth trigger motion so that the rear doesn't come up. Do this while pulling back on one of the stick so that your rider leans backwards. Once nearing the turn in point slowly release pressure and turn the bike in. Using the rear brake in the corner widens your line so shouldn't be used all the time. If you want to adjust your line whilst in the corner tap the rear brake (i have it on a button not a trigger) to tighten the line of the bike.

Hawk

September 20, 2014, 05:43:17 PM #4 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:45:41 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Boerenlater on September 20, 2014, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 20, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Hawk.
I use a wired 360 controller and I brake with the left trigger. What are the best settings ingame for braking? (deadzone, smooth etc).
Well controller settings are a personal preference depending on your riding style, but personally I never have a dead zone set on any of the controls.

I think most people who use a game pad use the left trigger for the brake, and the right trigger for the throttle, etc, etc. But at the moment I have gone back to using my joystick for GPB control as I just couldn't get on with a game pad(Xbox 360 Controller), and I don't change the controller setting at all, I just leave them as they were by default, except for assigning the right control functions to the joystick of course. Lol

Hawk.