• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:43 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Core crashes offline with beta6

Started by ghostchild, November 04, 2014, 02:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostchild

Hello everybody  :)

I am getting core crashes offline in many tracks (Victoria too...), never had with beta5 o 4....  :-[

Online it's as usual (some core occasionally).

I performed a fresh re-installed of the OS (Win7 Home 64), audio and video drivers up to date... brand new installation of GP Bikes and core crash offline is the result....  >:(

Don't know why with the previous beta everything was allright.... should I wait for the next beta to play GPB??

I read that other people have this problem too... Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks

p.s.
My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), audio card Realtek High definition audio (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.

Hawk

Have you done all the usual things:

• You didn't copy/paste anything from the beta 6b?
  • You deleted the Piboso folder from your my documents folder, and deleted the GP bikes folder from your My Programs folder before installing Beta 6c ?
  • You unblocked the gpbikes. exe install before installing?
  • You did a reg clean before installing?
  • Finally you did a Cclean before installing?

If you've done all these honestly and are still getting SO many core.exe crashes online or offline the I don't know what else to suggest.

Hope this helps.

Hawk.

ghostchild

Yes, Hakwk, I did all... it's very strange that on the same track, offline I can't finish a lap and online I can play for 45 minutes....  :o
this beta6 evidently doesn't get along with my pc..  :(

Hawk

Quote from: ghostchild on November 04, 2014, 07:08:00 PM
Yes, Hakwk, I did all... it's very strange that on the same track, offline I can't finish a lap and online I can play for 45 minutes....  :o
this beta6 evidently doesn't get along with my pc..  :(

Sometimes, though I have no idea why, people who are prone to them do get more core.exe's after a fresh re-install and it can calm down as time goes by. Mine has calmed down greatly now from what it was when I first installed beta 6c(though I wasn't suffering core.exe's to any great extent anywayl(but more than usual after my initial install)), but I don't play offline at all unless I'm testing a MOD I'm working on.

Sorry I can't be of any further help or advice to you, but I hope it sorts itself out for you mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Klax75

Have you made a new profile folder? When I get cores a lot if I make a new profile folder it seems to help. I had to do it last night. Since even reinstalling the documents/piboso/gpbikes/profiles will still be there.

r1rossi

I just went through this,

Turned out i had deleted files in the recycle bin, I deleted and cleaned the computer, all ok now.

I was lapping for 20min straight no errors.

I will keep testing.

Thanks Hawk for your help and everyone else who helped me.

Ryan

Hawk

Quote from: r1rossi on November 04, 2014, 11:40:40 PM
I just went through this,

Turned out i had deleted files in the recycle bin, I deleted and cleaned the computer, all ok now.

I was lapping for 20min straight no errors.

I will keep testing.

Thanks Hawk for your help and everyone else who helped me.

Ryan

Hi Ryan.

Thank you mate, it's good to hear that you've got everything sorted out and working properly now.... I'm glad I could help.  ;D ;)

Hawk.

ghostchild

Quote from: Klax75 on November 04, 2014, 11:12:02 PM
Have you made a new profile folder? When I get cores a lot if I make a new profile folder it seems to help. I had to do it last night. Since even reinstalling the documents/piboso/gpbikes/profiles will still be there.

Yes, I did.. I formatted the PC, restarting from zero  :-\

Yesterday I was playing online for 45 minutes.... but offline the problem remains..  :(

PiBoSo

Quote from: ghostchild on November 04, 2014, 02:49:11 PM
Hello everybody  :)

I am getting core crashes offline in many tracks (Victoria too...), never had with beta5 o 4....  :-[

Online it's as usual (some core occasionally).

I performed a fresh re-installed of the OS (Win7 Home 64), audio and video drivers up to date... brand new installation of GP Bikes and core crash offline is the result....  >:(

Don't know why with the previous beta everything was allright.... should I wait for the next beta to play GPB??

I read that other people have this problem too... Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks

p.s.
My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), audio card Realtek High definition audio (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to replicate the offline crashes to debug them.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

BOBR6 84

I have a saved replay of a session I did.. Everytime I try to record an onboard lap it freezes at the exact same spot! Could that help in any way?

ghostchild

With beta6 I have a core crash everytime I try to play offline, with every bike (standard or mods) and on every track (Victoria or others), 95% within the first lap.... so, it can be replicated whenever I want, if this can help.

teeds

I feel for you ghostchild these problems are soul destroying  :-\ the only good point is that your crashes are consistent which can actually make fault finding easier.
When you re-loaded windows, was it from an MS disk or do you use a manufacturers disk/recovery partition with bloatware to load it? Have you tried msconfig to disable all unnecessary start-up items and services? I would also disable your AV but only test offline before re-enabling it.
As the problem exists before and after an OS reload it points to either a hardware problem or the same software interfering which you've now re-loaded during the restore.
Also do you have any problems showing in your device manager or does the event log show any other issues along side the core.exe crashes?

ghostchild

teeds thanks for your answer :)

Quote from: teeds on November 07, 2014, 11:44:41 AM
I feel for you ghostchild these problems are soul destroying  :-\ the only good point is that your crashes are consistent which can actually make fault finding easier.
Yes, it's quite frustrating..

When you re-loaded windows, was it from an MS disk or do you use a manufacturers disk/recovery partition with bloatware to load it? Have you tried msconfig to disable all unnecessary start-up items and services? I would also disable your AV but only test offline before re-enabling it.
I re-loaded win7 with the recovery disk included in the package when I bought the pc and then I updated video and audio drivers, now there are very few processes and services at the start up, and I tried to disable the AV and windows firewall..

As the problem exists before and after an OS reload it points to either a hardware problem or the same software interfering which you've now re-loaded during the restore.
Also do you have any problems showing in your device manager or does the event log show any other issues along side the core.exe crashes?

I don't understand why, with the same configuration (software and hardware), with beta4 and 5 I never had core crashes offline, and why, on the same track, offline crashes and online not!....this thing is crazy for me!!  :o

teeds

Quote from: ghostchild on November 07, 2014, 04:19:12 PM
I re-loaded win7 with the recovery disk included in the package when I bought the pc

You will have Acer stuff running then. I would try the msconfig tool to get the cleanest boot you can to test GPB with, it very easy to do and undo. In the msconfig tool (hit the start button and type "msconfig") click the "startup" tab and hit "disable all", then on the "services" tab check "Hide all Microsoft services" and then "disable all", then OK and reboot. If it makes no difference just reverse the above to get back to as you were.
If that still gives no joy I'd also be trying a full scan disk - in an elevated command prompt type "chkdsk c: /r" and answer yes to "do you want this to run after a reboot as the drive is locked" question, this will take some time to complete. It's possible your GPB 6c install is using different parts of the disk than earlier versions.
Have you tried any other Open GL based games?
You're running an i5 chip, have you loaded the latest chipset drivers?
Is your DirectX fully updated? I'm not sure but this might still be used for controller input?
Have you tested your memory?