• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Physics debug mode explanations ?

Started by HornetMaX, November 07, 2014, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@Piboso: is it possible to have a (very short) description of the different vaues shown in the physics debug mode (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1648.msg23134#msg23134) ?
Some of the I really can't figure out ...

MaX.

HornetMaX

November 07, 2014, 09:43:32 PM #1 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:36:05 PM by HornetMaX

• Purple area:

• Water and head temperature (not sure about the order, but it doesn't really matter).
    • 1.00 = ??
    • Front and rear tire temps and wear (left and right, respectively)
    • Red bar in the middle = virtual rider handlebar torque ?
    • 153mm and 842mm = ?
  • Red area:

• 1503mm = wheelbase ?
    • 50% = ?? weight distribution (front %) ?
    • 0.64 = ??
  • Two vertical green bars = ?? front and rear suspension
  • 5 purple numbers below the 2 green bars  = ??
  • Rd 2950 = RPMs
  • Purple -24.7 = ??
  • 7 vertical bars:

• First 3 are for throttle. 3rd seems to be the "final" throttle (including auto-idle and traction control). Is that right ? What bout 1st and 2nd ?
    • 4th and 5th are for front and rear brake
    • 6th and 7th are for clutch: thought the 6th was the "raw" input and the 7th the one after "auto-clutch" and "shift help" but it doesn't see to be the case. So ??

MaX.

Yohji

50% is maybe % of Front weight when Wheeliing, 0% stoppieing100%

HornetMaX

C21

@Piboso
PLEASE could you answer some of the questions??

Quote153mm and 842mm = ?
Quote5 purple numbers below the 2 green bars
QuotePurple -24.7 = ??

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Steven

I'll try:

153mm and 842mm seem to be the distance of "ground_clearance_ref" (153mm) and "seat_height_ref" (842mm) to the ground.

The lower two of the five purple numbers are for the brake temperature (left number for front and right number for rear).

The upper three seem to display the suspension travel.
The very left one and the one in brackets for the front and the right one for the rear.
The two values for the front together are always equal to the front suspension length (for example for the murasama 120 mm) minus the preload (chosen in the setup).
The value for the back is a bit strange. It changes with the preload but different.
Maybe someone with a better gapless understanding of how suspension works can explain this technically correct.

One question I have regarding this is: Looking at the green bars for the suspension - why does the suspension not fully extend when there is preload (and the wheel has no ground contact)? I thought that the preload force would extend the suspension even "more" at this point.

I think the temperatures at the very top are head and below water. The second seems to be a bit behind and never goes higher than the first was. Also when setting "HeatTransferFactor" in the bike.cfg to 0, the first value goes up and the second down to the air temperature.

The third value from the top (1.00) is the ratio of the second value from the top to the ThermostatMin/Max in the bike.cfg
For the murasama it's ThermostatMin=80 and Max=90 and with the actual temp. at 80 the value is 0.00, at 90 the value is 1.00.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Steven on November 06, 2015, 05:31:44 PM
The lower two of the five purple numbers are for the brake temperature (left number for front and right number for rear).
Wow, you may be right. I though brake thermals were not simulated. Would be nice to have a confirmation by the boss.
Is it something new with beta7 (there's a changelog item relating to brake discs mass now correctly simulated).

The upper three seem to display the suspension travel.
The very left one and the one in brackets for the front and the right one for the rear.
The two values for the front together are always equal to the front suspension length (for example for the murasama 120 mm) minus the preload (chosen in the setup).
Looks right to me.

The value for the back is a bit strange. It changes with the preload but different.
It seems to be inverted: it grows the more the suspension is compressed (mind, in some suspension schemes the spring/damper works in compression and in others in extension, so ...).

One question I have regarding this is: Looking at the green bars for the suspension - why does the suspension not fully extend when there is preload (and the wheel has no ground contact)? I thought that the preload force would extend the suspension even "more" at this point.
It does for me: when wheeling, the front is fully extended.

I think the temperatures at the very top are head and below water. The second seems to be a bit behind and never goes higher than the first was. Also when setting "HeatTransferFactor" in the bike.cfg to 0, the first value goes up and the second down to the air temperature.

The third value from the top (1.00) is the ratio of the second value from the top to the ThermostatMin/Max in the bike.cfg
For the murasama it's ThermostatMin=80 and Max=90 and with the actual temp. at 80 the value is 0.00, at 90 the value is 1.00.
That too sounds good to me. If only the boos took 2 minutes to confirm, we could put a sticky post with all we know about debug mode.

Anyway, thanks Steven !

C21

@Steven
Thank you for the explanation.
Much appriciated.
BUT
Quote153mm and 842mm seem to be the distance of "ground_clearance_ref" (153mm) and "seat_height_ref" (842mm) to the ground.
That were my thoughts also. Ground and Seat.
The first value will be the ground-.clearence , i agree, but the second changes so drastically at acceleration and braking that i don´t believe you´re right. I saw up to 400mm difference in this value and that is impossible in my opinion.

I agree in all other values but as MAx said never expected the brake thermals displayed.
Really good work!!  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on November 09, 2015, 09:19:04 PM
Quote153mm and 842mm seem to be the distance of "ground_clearance_ref" (153mm) and "seat_height_ref" (842mm) to the ground.
That were my thoughts also. Ground and Seat.
The first value will be the ground-.clearence , i agree, but the second changes so drastically at acceleration and braking that i don´t believe you´re right. I saw up to 400mm difference in this value and that is impossible in my opinion.
I see it change a lot during wheelies and stoppies plus, of course, when leaning. Seems reasonable to me.

HornetMaX

Forgot to add: one thing I'd definitely like to see are longitudinal slip and sideslip angle for both front and rear tyre.

C21

QuoteForgot to add: one thing I'd definitely like to see are longitudinal slip and sideslip angle for both front and rear tyre.
+1 definitive needed.  :)