• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:44 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oldschool Nightshift Misano 03 V0.7_NDS

Started by PeterV, November 12, 2014, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: kerazxo on November 29, 2014, 05:44:40 PM
no problems with the hard tire for me, for sure it has lower grip than the medium but its not like on ice ::) only 3 laps before the end i felt the front didnt grip under hard breaking whilste riding my arse off to escape lorix lol

Hmm.... Very strange. I can only presume that the differences are due to different susp setting then, but my rear end and my front end in particular was washing away from me regularly with those hard tyres after 7-8 laps, and it was a big noticeable change in performance from earlier laps too. When using the med tyres I didn't get any problems at all, the handling was almost perfect.

Hawk.

Kerazo

you should try standard r6 setup. was it even possible to finish the race with meds?

PeterV

November 29, 2014, 06:44:04 PM #77 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:47:23 PM by PeterV
Quote from: kerazxo on November 29, 2014, 06:17:09 PM
you should try standard r6 setup. was it even possible to finish the race with meds?

Yep  22 laps on medium, and they where not even completly worn, plenty rubber left.

I choose hard tyre during the practice session, but it felt way off compared to the medium, so i switched back again for the race.

LoriX

I chose mediums for the race. I could control my pace very well.. last 5 laps was a little tricky when I was trying to close down on Kerazo..

Hawk

Quote from: kerazxo on November 29, 2014, 06:17:09 PM

You were using totally bog-standard default setup!? :o

I just cannot find my comfort zone with the default setup.... The front end just doesn't track like it does when I adjust the setup for my own riding style.

Unlike Peter, I unfortunately didn't give the hards a test before the race(I wish I did. LOL), but just took the risk of the hards giving a better level of grip maybe 8 laps into the race when the meds should be starting to go off peak grip levels. But also presuming that the hards wouldn't give such a performance penalty for me in the early laps(Which for me they most certainly did).

Personally I think the grip levels on tyres should degrade more during a full race, especially dependant on duration of tyre temps and wear factors over a long period of laps. That way it would be vital to set the correct tyre pressures and also wear rates dependant on your riding style so that one rider may need a hard rear to last a full race, were another rider could maybe get away with med tyres on both wheels, or vice versa depending on the track and style of riding you do.  ;D
I just think that would make things so much more interesting to know that you have to get the right settings to stand a chance of winning the race rather than, as you said kerazxo, you just used the standard settings.

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Does anybody know what the track temp was in that race?

I did lots of practice laps on all tyres throughout the week and my laptime was consistantly close between soft, meds, hard tyres.

Who knows, maybe I selected used soft tyres by mistake? From lap 1 grip levels were poor for me.

PeterV

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 01, 2014, 02:33:12 AM
Does anybody know what the track temp was in that race?

I did lots of practice laps on all tyres throughout the week and my laptime was consistantly close between soft, meds, hard tyres.

Who knows, maybe I selected used soft tyres by mistake? From lap 1 grip levels were poor for me.

Dedicated settings used:

[weather]
realistic = 0; 0 or 1, if set to 1, following params are ignored
conditions = 0 ; 0 -> sunny, 1 -> cloudy, 2 -> rainy
temperature = 20 ; air temperature, celsius
wind_direction = 1 ; 0 -> n, 1 -> ne, 2 -> e, 3 -> se, 4 -> s, 5 -> sw, 6 -> w, 7 -> nw
wind_speed = 0 ; meters/second
track_conditions = 0 ; 0 -> dry, 1 -> wet