• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oculus DK2.

Started by Klax75, November 25, 2014, 06:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

November 25, 2014, 06:33:54 AM Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:40:09 AM by Klax75
So I got a Oculus Rift DK2, and I can't seem to figure it out. I searched on there forums and couldn't find anything useful.

Does anyone else have one? I can't seem to get the displays in the head set to show. The headset registers has being connected correctly but no video is going to them. I've tried different settings in the config App. For extended view, in my windows control panel doing that does make it show up. But it won't let me hit apply to save any changes. :/

I normally have two monitors on my computer so the rift would be the third.

doubledragoncc

Hi Klax

I dont know a thing about the Oculus and I know your an inteligent guy, but do you have another system you can try them on to ensure the Oculus is working and not defective? Sometimes even new items dont work.

Otherwise it may be to do with C++ Redistribution files which often screw up graphic software and hardware and NET Framework files too. Sometime a newer version of a file can cause problems and you need to install an older version.

Also you could use a multi tester to check continuity of the cable from computer to Oculus if it is open ended both ends.

Otherwise its Oculus directly who should know.

Hope you get it sorted and have fun with it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Furious

On the oculus site you have step by step instructions in faq section.
1 obvious question, have you turned it on with the button on the top?

Klax75

I have a amber lit on, it doesn't turn blue..

I have two monitors we tried unhooking one and it sort of worked.

doubledragoncc

If it "sorta works" when you tried with 1 monitor it sounds like a compatability or settings issue. Try uninstalling your graphics driver and the Oculus too and only run one monitor. Then install the latest drivers and adjust settings for one monitor. Now try to install the Oculus from fresh and see if it works. You might want to go to the driver site for your graphics card to check on any info to do with the Oculus too. Basically you need to try and have the graphics system in a virgin state where nothing could have corrupted the files.

Hope you get it sorted m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.