• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:54:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

gpbike game engine support

Started by tseklias, December 04, 2014, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseklias

December 04, 2014, 05:47:37 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:33:15 PM by tseklias
hello to eveyone, i started this topic to ask the experienced members of this forum which motos can the currently version(6b) of gpbikes can support.
there are many different types of bikes out there that i have the suspicion that is not currently supported by the gpbike game engine.

so here follows the different types of bikes and their unique geometry that i want to ask about:
awd bikes->moto christini bike(many may say this suits better in mxb but as a supermoto like piboso said its better in gpb)
telever bikes->many bmw, honda and moto guzzi bikes have used this type of suspension in both front and rear
tricycle bikes->as the one above im talking about the tricycle bikes that can actually lean
front rotating engines->i havent ever read anything about this category, but it is being mentioned my Max if im not wrong

many of these categories like the tricycle we may never see in gpbikes as we also may not be able to notice the difference between casual and telever suspensions but the question is not the demand is if they are supported by piboso's game engine or not.

in this topic you can also add any other unique moto geometries and types of engines that affect the driving physics. please right next to it whether it is supported by gpb or not if you know.

HornetMaX

For telelever and other exotic suspensions schemes one would need a way more sophisticated simulation of the suspensions (including their links).

Not sure what you mean with "front rotating engines": one thing I've mentioned was the backward rotating crankshafts (which is fairly easy to implement, but likely won't make all that difference).

MaX.

tseklias

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 04, 2014, 07:55:03 PM
For telelever and other exotic suspensions schemes one would need a way more sophisticated simulation of the suspensions (including their links).

Not sure what you mean with "front rotating engines": one thing I've mentioned was the backward rotating crankshafts (which is fairly easy to implement, but likely won't make all that difference).

MaX.

im pretty sure thats what i heard from you Max(as i mentioned i've never read that technology before so i couldn't be sure)

next one is the abs technology which could make a big difference riding in the rain and most of all the new bosch technology of abs the msc. you can search about it, the new ktm adventure is equipped with this type of abs.

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on December 04, 2014, 08:37:05 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 04, 2014, 07:55:03 PM
im pretty sure thats what i heard from you Max(as i mentioned i've never read that technology before so i couldn't be sure)
Then it's the backward rotating crankshaft (or engine) thing I said above.

MaX.

tseklias

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on December 10, 2014, 08:45:25 AM
electric bikes->eg energica ego

That's something I'd like to have too. I'm not 100% sure, but I think we may be already able to model them with what we have now, even if not perfectly (presence of clutch,stall of the engine, ...).

You also have this: https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/

MaX.

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 10, 2014, 08:56:46 AM
Quote from: tseklias on December 10, 2014, 08:45:25 AM
electric bikes->eg energica ego

That's something I'd like to have too. I'm not 100% sure, but I think we may be already able to model them with what we have now, even if not perfectly (presence of clutch,stall of the engine, ...).

You also have this: https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/

MaX.

Those look cool. Kind of reminds me of the KTM RC8R. One the front.

BOBR6 84

what was that noise?? dunno? the wind i think... ::) :-X

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 10, 2014, 09:23:35 AM
Absence (almost) of engine noise means you can actually hear the tires sqeaking :)

MaX.

tseklias

December 13, 2014, 10:32:27 AM #9 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:39:02 AM by tseklias
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 10, 2014, 09:23:35 AM

very nice point imo. tire sounds is something that must be upgraded to use electric motos.

next one is motorcycles that use different power transfer eg: belt or axis driven motos(italian motorcycles usually use this type of drive and i think this will be a nice upgrade imo, since the italian modding community has given so much for gpb)
i think a close category to this one too is the supercharged bikes that use belts or moving parts in different places than only the one that transfers the power to the rear wheel.

eg:

HornetMaX

The difference between a chain drive and a belt drive is non-existent (for our purposes).
Transmission shafts may make a bit more difference, but even this is marginal IMO.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 13, 2014, 10:52:34 AM
The difference between a chain drive and a belt drive is non-existent (for our purposes).
Transmission shafts may make a bit more difference, but even this is marginal IMO.

MaX.

Have you ridden a shafty Max? I used a GL1100 and 1200 for 7 years as a professional medical courier in the UK and there were always the jibes about "Shaft-Lift" where in the curve if you give gas the rear of the bike rises, this can if not compensated for give adverse effects to handling. I worked with another guy who builds wicked race bikes and we sorted the problem with suspension changes, but it is still physically there. I dont know if this is in anyway simulated in GPB as the chain drive bikes dont do it. If you give gas on a chain drive bike the ass squats which is the opposite of the shaft so maybe a negative input would create the correct simulation.

Just my 2 cents on shafties.

Before you all laugh, my GL's, I had 15 over 7 years, saved many peoples lives, the motor is a powerhouse if you know what your doing. And with 4 into 1 and supercharger they go like stink of a stick lol. Handling can be fixed too thank god lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 13, 2014, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 13, 2014, 10:52:34 AM

MaX.

Have you ridden a shafty Max? I used a GL1100 and 1200 for 7 years as a professional medical courier in the UK and there were always the jibes about "Shaft-Lift" where in the curve if you give gas the rear of the bike rises, this can if not compensated for give adverse effects to handling. I worked with another guy who builds wicked race bikes and we sorted the problem with suspension changes, but it is still physically there. I dont know if this is in anyway simulated in GPB as the chain drive bikes dont do it. If you give gas on a chain drive bike the ass squats which is the opposite of the shaft so maybe a negative input would create the correct simulation.
No I haven't. But the point is that if anybody would use a shaft transmission for a race bike, they would try hard to get ride of unwanted behaviours (as you did), reducing the differences to a chain drive.

Shafts are good for road bikes because they are low maintenance, but in racing this is not a concern (and shaft transmisisons are heavier, which is bad for racing).

Anyway, GPB now correctly simulates the chain drive (as far as I know) so in principle it could simulate the shaft drive too (with a bit of extra code). Just not sure shaft drive bikes are the intended target of GPB.

MaX.

tseklias

follows: combined braking system i currently can't remember any moto used this(i have a suspicion bmw did at some point)
stabilisers those can actually be set on how hard or soft you want your steering to be(this may also help in the wobbles we suffer)

HornetMaX

Quote from: tseklias on December 13, 2014, 01:45:48 PM
follows: combined braking system i currently can't remember any moto used this(i have a suspicion bmw did at some point)
Some honda have it, combined with ABS. There was a Dual CBS-ABS and then a Combined-ABS: http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-picturebook/eCBS/

MaX.