• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:59:35 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[W.I.P?] ZXR 250

Started by Eagle, December 06, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 12, 2014, 07:18:54 PM
Uups, no, i meant invert. xD

I copyied it and i want to invert the second part to make the other side, then i'll TRY to merge both. It's gonna be a really bad low poly model..

For undos/redos i use ctrl+Z/Y. x)

Edit: Ok, found it, both part are merged and i'm trying to add vertex/details to the mesh.

I know that as "mirror" geometry.  :)

Hawk.

Eagle

December 12, 2014, 08:24:36 PM #31 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:20:04 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Yep, that's what i did. :3

I try to add more vertex but it links to every others deforms the mesh.. Ahhh modelling. :3

Edit: DRAT! I'm remaking this.. I have to go with full details at start..
Edit2: Seems like the pictures themselves has anomalies, that's why i'm having coordinations problem, because they couldn't well photograph it.. :facepalm:

I have seen a tutorial on most of the edit poly functions. I'll try to adapt it and less use the refs... Dammit! Is it so hard to take good and high res photos ? :(

FastFreddy

unfortunately I can not help you, do not understand anything of 3d.However,it's nice to see a bike started from scratch. ;)

Eagle

December 13, 2014, 08:15:47 PM #33 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:17:14 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
>FastFreddy

Is it that rare ?  ???

Ha ha, since i actually like doing that and it is the bike of my dreams, i'm really motivated to finish it. But if i meet big problems/things too hard to do, i will be seriously stuck...

>On topic

I managed to make the line perfect on 2 views. I'm converting it to model and adding details now i know how to. :3

I'll put a pic soon. (as soon as i finished the head) ^^

Edit: I'm blocked again.. At the same state as the last time.. In fact i have the model + another spline that i can't add to the model.. I tried to add it in the first spline but when converting it didn't work, and i last tried to create something on the existant model, but i couldn't find how to add vertices (menus didn't show the "insert" function).. I'll see what i can do tomorrow..

Btw, with my current ZXR400, i did 1:54:79(and 2:01:57 by starting at the line) on Victoria, is it a good time for a 60hp/30Nm ? (top speed 174 km/h, i can it the limiter easily, i'll change gears later to fix that)

FastFreddy

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 13, 2014, 08:15:47 PM
>FastFreddy

Is it that rare ?  ???

not so rare,many models are made from scratch, but many simply taken from other games. Therefore it is always nice to see a bike done from scratch.  :)

Eagle

>FastFreddy

It's not done yet. x)

Far from it..

grimm

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 13, 2014, 08:15:47 PM
Btw, with my current ZXR400, i did 1:54:79(and 2:01:57 by starting at the line) on Victoria, is it a good time for a 60hp/30Nm ? (top speed 174 km/h, i can it the limiter easily, i'll change gears later to fix that)

Best I could find searching for ZXR400 lap times on Phillip Island was a lap made in January of 2014, 1:47.071. Sounds about correct in performance figures for an accurate lap time. Hopefully if the bike ends up worth release we'll see the first middleweight on GP Bikes. Been hoping for something like this since bike tools were announced.  ;)

Eagle

>grimm

I'm glad you like the idea. : >

There's a lot of fun bikes in the 250-->400 segment. The KR1-S, the VFR400, ZZR250/400, and all the variants from the other brands. I'm not counting the acual ones because they are lame.. :\

And the biggest point is that they are FREAKIN' STABLE! No wheeling (except for the 2 strokes), take corners very well, accelerate well when it's necessary. I love these bikes! x)

grimm

+1 to everything you said. My sliders on my race suit are nearly worn out and every bikes I scratch puck on is between 250-400cc's. Mainly vintage stuff. Latest build I've got going is an old Honda chassis (CB360T) fitted with a YZ400F engine, CBR250R swingarm, and GS500E front forks. Light weight, high rev, and dead stable at any speed. Not much can keep up with a properly setup "small" bike. :)

Even though we are fast becoming a minority in the motorcycle industry, middleweight enthusiasts still exist. Even if your 400 is never released it is still really cool that you are working on one.  ;D

Eagle

>grimm

Wow dat mix between types, i didn't know this was possible. :o

The <400 segment is not enough exploited. Now, only power is important.. (R1/H2/RC213V/1299R/TUONOV4 etc.. all over 200hp... A BIT useless) :(

I hope i'll be able to fully modelise asap, so i can correct that on gpbikes. :>

HornetMaX

Small / mid-size engines will be back in a not too far future, due to laws about emissions.

Not sure the power will go down though :)

MaX.

Eagle

But will there be changes compared to the actual ones ? 4 cylinders/2 strokes won't come back unfortunately.. :(

There was a rumor on a return of the zxr250 in 2015/16 but i have difficulties to believe in it..

HornetMaX

2 strokes are dead, for the same reason (emissions).

Small 4 strokes with eventually a turbo (or a compressor) seems to be the next direction. Electric is also on his way ...

MaX.

Eagle

2 strokes are now only allowed on scooters and few trail i think. That's a pity, there was some good bikes with 2 stroke engines. 250 single, 300 triple, 500 four, 750 triple.. Fun and nice sounding bikes..

Turbos on little 4 strokes.. 9000$ the 250cc ?? Oo

Plus, there's some inconvenients. I don't own one or never really documented myself about them, but i think the behaviour of the engine and it's usury wouldn't be an advantage for new riders.

They are actually making single/twin c engines but i feel something new is gonna happen.. I don't know what but when seeing all the new 250/300s in that court period, seeing how they evolves (pushing the limits without going over norms), as for the 1000cc, there might be something interesting.

For the electrics, i don't find them appealing.. Even if it could be cool to ride, there's no more the mechanical magic of the thermic ones..

Boerenlater

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 14, 2014, 09:48:52 PM
But will there be changes compared to the actual ones ? 4 cylinders/2 strokes won't come back unfortunately.. :(

There was a rumor on a return of the zxr250 in 2015/16 but i have difficulties to believe in it..
A ZXR250 would be rather silly with the Ninja300 already available from Kawasakis pov.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)