• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:01:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

to reality

Started by finpower, December 08, 2014, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Quote from: kerazxo on April 13, 2015, 04:27:08 PM
I'd love to ride onboardraces again like Peters cold turkey events back in Beta4. those were the best
Only onboard view and some real nice battles with serveral top riders
bring those races back!! ;D

Woohoooo! Now that's wot? I'm  talking about!   ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dibu

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 03:15:22 PM
Yeh good point JJ a race restart will nullify the quallie.
Did you take a look at the "pause_session" feature? You can run the qualifying e.g on Saturday and the race on Sunday. This way you can restart the race server multiple times without loosing your qualifying results.

Here the important lines of the dedicated.ini:

[race]
pause = ; 0 or 1. If set to 1, the event is paused and saved at the end of "pause_session"
pause_session = ; practice, qualify, warmup or race
pause_directory = ; the directory where data is saved. The default is "resume"
resume = ; the file to load to resume an event

But be warned it's a bit more work to run races this way.;) PeterV used it at some of his events.

Napalm Nick

Aha! I wondered what situation that might be used in.

Yes I have fiddled with it (I like to fiddle we all remember the wind incident  ::) ) but now I see the practical application - thanks Dibu.
As yet I don't know how the resume would work but leave it to me to fiddle it out and I know where to come when I break it.

Thanks again hopefully another competitor?!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dibu

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 05:31:10 PM
... hopefully another competitor?!
Hehe, surely not.;) I need four wheels, walking frame, WRS or KRP - I'm a walking chicane at GPB and I don't want to ruin your races. ;D

BOBR6 84

Im all for some onboard action!!  8)
Used mainly onboard with beta 3 when I first tried GPB.. I use both chase view and onboard just depends what mood im in  :D
Il be honest though.. It depends which bikes are used! With the wibbly wobbly front end in this beta it makes me feel a bit rough lol  ;D

Napalm Nick

Quote from: dibu on April 13, 2015, 05:54:27 PM

Hehe, surely not.;) I need four wheels, walking frame, WRS or KRP - I'm a walking chicane at GPB and I don't want to ruin your races. ;D
No worries I am the official back marker.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 13, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
. It depends which bikes are used! ;D
Open to all suggestions born from experience - which are best?

And I think the onboarders  will need a club name.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 02:27:39 PM
In my race if someone gets a core we restart!
That means the race never ends :)

MaX.

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 03:15:22 PM
Interesting point to try if a player has a core - get back in quick!

If you have a core, you can rejoin the server but not rejoin the race, just to clarify  ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 13, 2015, 06:52:47 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 02:27:39 PM
In my race if someone gets a core we restart!
That means the race never ends :)

MaX.
My lad has already suggested a LeMans 24 hour  :o

Quote from: Warlock on April 13, 2015, 07:00:04 PM

If you have a core, you can rejoin the server but not rejoin the race, just to clarify  ;)

Ah understood no point then .

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 13, 2015, 06:25:40 PM

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on April 13, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
. It depends which bikes are used! ;D
Open to all suggestions born from experience - which are best?

And I think the onboarders  will need a club name.

Not sure.. i like a fair few tbh.. looking back though i still have a soft spot for the sc59 onboard  ;) but its dead..  :-\

G0G

Anyone know what view they will use with Head Mounted Display? It certainly wont be chase view.
For any noobs:

There is only ONE view that is realistic. THE rider's POV. From the rider's eyes angle. That is it. ANY other view is not realistic. No emotions involved, no egos to be challenged or damaged, no denials, fallacies etc... just the facts lady.. just the facts.

I have YET to find another fan of GPB playing in realistic POV and now, it is impossible because the rider seems curbed and stunted.... :-\

If you want to simulate this(and why wouldn't you?):

https://youtu.be/-BLRP5ZIMGc

THIS is what it will look like: PERIOD. No ifs, ands or but but buts.

https://youtu.be/iQP2Bjd24J0

Klax75

Quote from: G0G on April 13, 2015, 10:53:23 PM
Anyone know what view they will use with Head Mounted Display? It certainly wont be chase view.
For any noobs:

There is only ONE view that is realistic. THE rider's POV. From the rider's eyes angle. That is it. ANY other view is not realistic. No emotions involved, no egos to be challenged or damaged, no denials, fallacies etc... just the facts lady.. just the facts.

I have YET to find another fan of GPB playing in realistic POV and now, it is impossible because the rider seems curbed and stunted.... :-\

If you want to simulate this(and why wouldn't you?):

https://youtu.be/-BLRP5ZIMGc

THIS is what it will look like: PERIOD. No ifs, ands or but but buts.

https://youtu.be/iQP2Bjd24J0

I have only every used Helmet view, your video is helmet view with mouse look. Which since you can't use Track IR, or I couldn't get any of the other types to work. Mouse while using DST is a little to hard. lol When the next version has Rift DK2 support will be different. But tucking in might hurt, since when I tried it on Kart Pro, tucking in using the Rift DK2 in Beta 12, kind of hurts and makes your eyes want to cross.

The other rider had a slightly more upper body hang off body style when riding. The current rider has more of a old school 90's Grand Prix style of riding. Where his butt hangs off, but upper body is more center behind the wind screen.

Napalm Nick

but but but,
POV for me.
  I would be using my TrackIR if I could.
In its absence getting better with analogue left /right looks.
I find a slice of Corner anticipation gives a nice head movement too.
Love MaxHUD helmet view and I do like a slightly orange tinted visor. Yeh baby!

BOBR6 84

What are your settings for onboard view and corner anticipation?

That makes me dizzy.. When the riders head snaps back to look forward after or mid corner.. Seems a bit glitchy to me so I sacked it off..

Napalm Nick

I will have to check a bit later Bob and get back to you.

I know I had to turn down the Anticipation because it was too much but off my head its about 20% of the slider.
The only snapping I find is when you run on and your head suddenly realises you're on a different trajectory to the planned one lol.  But even this isn't too bad at a lowish setting.

I'm starting to use the analogue left/right look more to 'anticipate' the corner now. God I wish TrackIR worked.